Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Mike Stauffer (@2KStauff) has sent us the NBA 2K17 roster update details that went live this morning. In addition, every player in the league had their Free Throw and Three Point rating re-evaluated. Also, the Bucks/Hornets trade was reflected in this morning's roster update.

GOING UP
  • Stephen Curry: 94 OVR (+2)
  • Isaiah Thomas: 92 OVR (+1)
  • Kyrie Irving: 90 OVR (+1)
  • Paul George: 89 OVR (+1)
  • Carmelo Anthony: 86 OVR (+2)
  • Eric Bledsoe: 86 OVR (+2)
  • Rudy Gobert: 86 OVR (+1)
  • Goran Dragic: 84 OVR (+2)
  • Devin Booker: 83 OVR (+1)
  • Jrue Holiday: 82 OVR (+3)
  • Nikola Vucevic: 80 OVR (+1)
  • Dion Waiters: 79 OVR (+5)
  • Markieff Morris: 79 OVR (+2)
  • D'Angelo Russell: 79 OVR (+1)
  • Kentavious Caldwell-Pope: 79 OVR (+1)
  • Nerlens Noel: 78 OVR (+1)
  • Bojan Bogdanovic: 77 OVR (+1)
  • C.J. Miles: 77 OVR (+1)
  • Al Jefferson: 77 OVR (+1)
  • Luc Mbah a Moute: 76 OVR (+2)
  • Aaron Gordon: 76 OVR (+1)
  • Terrence Jones: 76 OVR (+1)
  • Jeff Withey: 75 OVR (+1)
  • Shabazz Muhammad: 75 OVR (+1)
  • Allen Crabbe: 75 OVR (+1)
  • Dejounte Murray: 74 OVR (+4)
  • Nik Stauskas: 74 OVR (+2)
  • Willie Reed: 74 OVR (+1)
  • Salah Mejri: 74 OVR (+1)
  • Spencer Dinwiddie: 73 OVR (+4)
  • Anthony Tolliver: 73 OVR (+2)
  • Arron Afflalo: 73 OVR (+1)
  • Davis Bertans: 71 OVR (+1)
  • Meyers Leonard: 71 OVR (+1)
  • Luke Babbitt: 70 OVR (+1)
GOING DOWN
  • Giannis Antetokounmpo: 89 OVR (-1)
  • Jimmy Butler: 89 OVR (-1)
  • Draymond Green: 86 OVR (-1)
  • Paul Millsap: 85 OVR (-1)
  • Dwight Howard: 84 OVR (-1)
  • Kristaps Porzingis: 84 OVR (-1)
  • George Hill: 81 OVR (-1)
  • Derrick Rose: 81 OVR (-1)
  • Reggie Jackson: 81 OVR (-1)
  • Dirk Nowitzki: 79 OVR (-1)
  • Zach LaVine: 79 OVR (-2)
  • Tony Allen: 78 OVR (-1)
  • Wilson Chandler: 78 OVR (-1)
  • Tyreke Evans: 78 OVR (-1)
  • Trevor Booker: 77 OVR (-1)
  • Terrence Ross: 76 OVR (-1)
  • T.J. Warren: 76 OVR (-1)
  • Sergio Rodriguez: 74 OVR (-1)
  • Malcolm Brogdon: 74 OVR (-1)
  • Kent Bazemore: 74 OVR (-1)
  • Mindaugas Kuzminskas: 74 OVR (-2)
  • Channing Frye: 73 OVR (-1)
  • Malcolm Delaney: 73 OVR (-1)
  • Trey Lyles: 73 OVR (-1)
  • Boris Diaw: 73 OVR (-1)
  • Dante Exum: 73 OVR (-1)
  • Thomas Robinson: 73 OVR (-1)
  • Dewayne Dedmon: 73 OVR (-1)
  • Michael Carter-Williams: 72 OVR (-3)
  • Toney Douglas: 71 OVR (-1)
  • Domantas Sabonis: 71 OVR (-1)
  • Mario Hezonja: 69 OVR (-1)
  • Reggie Bullock: 69 OVR (-1)
  • Nicolas Brussino: 66 OVR (-1)

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 BQ32 @ 02/03/17 07:50 PM
having draymond green hover around the same rating as KP or DHoward is pretty absurd. The guy at this point does almost everything better than both of those two. KP shoots a bit better, Howard gets a bit more rebounds, but Green is probably the best defensive player in the league factoring that he can lock down just about any position (more versatile than Kawi) with the best help defense. He also has great vision, good ball handling, is one of the best screen setters in the game, and can score both inside and out. disrespectful. But you know, highlights equal ratings in these games.

# 2 NINJAK2 @ 02/03/17 08:12 PM
Did they put Okaro White(MIA) in?

# 3 Insight23 @ 02/03/17 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NINJAK2
Did they put Okaro White(MIA) in?

Nope, but he's at the end of his 2nd 10-day contract which ends after the Heat's next game. Heat are looking to trade or waive Derrick Williams so Okaro can be signed for the rest of the season. Then 2k will likely add him to the roster.

# 4 Guapo516 @ 02/03/17 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
having draymond green hover around the same rating as KP or DHoward is pretty absurd. The guy at this point does almost everything better than both of those two. KP shoots a bit better, Howard gets a bit more rebounds, but Green is probably the best defensive player in the league factoring that he can lock down just about any position (more versatile than Kawi) with the best help defense. He also has great vision, good ball handling, is one of the best screen setters in the game, and can score both inside and out. disrespectful. But you know, highlights equal ratings in these games.
Idk, I like draymond but he's gotten a great cushion being surrounded by great players on both sides of the ball, so to me that's a pretty appropriate rating considering what goes into the difference between (+\-) 1 point. For what Dwight and Kristaps do better than draymond it's not as close as you make it out to be, Dwight a way better rebounder inside defender, Kristaps is a better shot blocker and shooter. That doesn't take away from draymond but he's more a jack of all trades master none.

# 5 BQ32 @ 02/03/17 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
Idk, I like draymond but he's gotten a great cushion being surrounded by great players on both sides of the ball, so to me that's a pretty appropriate rating considering what goes into the difference between (+\-) 1 point. For what Dwight and Kristaps do better than draymond it's not as close as you make it out to be, Dwight a way better rebounder inside defender, Kristaps is a better shot blocker and shooter. That doesn't take away from draymond but he's more a jack of all trades master none.
Howard is in no way shape or form a better interior defender. Defense is as much about positioning, anticipation, helping the scheme of your team and filtering players to areas. All of these qualities are actually more important than blocking shots as an actual blocked shot only effects about 3 possessions by even the best in the game. He is far superior of an interior defender. And what exactly does KP do so much better. I mean he has flashes and promises to be a dominant scorer in the future, but currently is very inconsistent and his percentages don't even play out to be superior. Now factor in play making, screen setting and intangibles he is a whole other level than those players. He has for sure benefited from the talent around him but that has only contributed to the player he has become. But that is the player he is.

# 6 Real2KInsider @ 02/03/17 09:31 PM
Quote:
Take off your homer glasses. Draymond Green isn't close to the rebounder or finisher that Dwight Howard is.

His 44-31-67 shooting line likewise doesn't compare to Porzingis 45-38-79 (though Porzingis is probably among the more overrated stars in 2K17)

# 7 Real2KInsider @ 02/03/17 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insight23
Nope, but he's at the end of his 2nd 10-day contract which ends after the Heat's next game. Heat are looking to trade or waive Derrick Williams so Okaro can be signed for the rest of the season. Then 2k will likely add him to the roster.
White is the 16th man on the roster (due to injury exception) and historically 2K won't add those players to teams.

Next year this shouldn't be an issue because the NBA is expanding rosters in the new CBA.

# 8 dooney_30 @ 02/04/17 12:06 AM
Rating updates are always cool. I think a player tendency update is sorely needed. Some players do not play like their real life counterparts. For example, Isaiah Thomas is known for his relentless attacks to the basket but in game atleast 70% of the shots he take are 3s. Anthony Davis is another player that doesnt play like his real life self. I noticed that all but 1 or 2 of his post up tendencies are set to zero but yet he has multiple post badges. Doesnt make sense to have a post badge but dont have the proper tendencies to utilize them. So please 2K, give us a full roster player tendency update

# 9 yungmeaks @ 02/04/17 11:37 AM
Quote:
Stauffer is a Cavs fan/avid Draymond h8r. He has always underrated him. Nothing new

# 10 diehardknicksfan @ 02/04/17 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmeaks
Stauffer is a Cavs fan/avid Draymond h8r. He has always underrated him. Nothing new
draymond is represented well in 2k. great defense and crappy inconsistent shooting.

# 11 timmg @ 02/04/17 09:43 PM
Why did the 3pt & FT need adjustments?? Jus wondering

# 12 Trackball @ 02/04/17 09:55 PM
You'd think retired numbers would be one of the things updated in the roster file, since Ben Wallace and Yao Ming had theirs retired this year.

But I guess that's part of the hard-coded game. Oh well. Maybe next year.

(wish list item: let us manually retire numbers)

# 13 bigred38515 @ 02/05/17 02:30 AM
Pistons retired jerseys:

Ben Wallace - Jan. 16, 2016
Chauncey Billups - Feb. 10, 2016

Richard "Rip" Hamilton - Feb. 26, 2017

# 14 creweutah @ 02/05/17 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dooney_30
Rating updates are always cool. I think a player tendency update is sorely needed. Some players do not play like their real life counterparts. For example, Isaiah Thomas is known for his relentless attacks to the basket but in game atleast 70% of the shots he take are 3s. Anthony Davis is another player that doesnt play like his real life self. I noticed that all but 1 or 2 of his post up tendencies are set to zero but yet he has multiple post badges. Doesnt make sense to have a post badge but dont have the proper tendencies to utilize them. So please 2K, give us a full roster player tendency update
This. 2K badly needs to overhaul its roster to get players doing what they do IRL into the game. I dont understand this to be honest. Can 2K not hire 20-30 people and get them to work specifically on the roster every year.

# 15 Eggie25 @ 02/06/17 02:25 PM
Anthony Davis had me tweaking sliders like crazy only to realize his post Tendencies are jacked up. How does on of the best players in the league get overlooked?

# 16 BA2929 @ 02/06/17 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by creweutah
This. 2K badly needs to overhaul its roster to get players doing what they do IRL into the game. I dont understand this to be honest. Can 2K not hire 20-30 people and get them to work specifically on the roster every year.
How do you suggest they do this? Hire 30 full time people to work on only rosters? That'll cost roughly $1 million a year, at least, and that's at a low per-year salary. No chance they do that.

30 part time people? One per team? That'll lead to bias and/or extremely high/low ratings because most people either overrate their teams players abilities or underrate them considerably.

If you have another idea, I'd love to hear it. Especially since you seem to think it'll be an easy fix.

# 17 E The Rhymer @ 02/07/17 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
How do you suggest they do this? Hire 30 full time people to work on only rosters? That'll cost roughly $1 million a year, at least, and that's at a low per-year salary. No chance they do that.

30 part time people? One per team? That'll lead to bias and/or extremely high/low ratings because most people either overrate their teams players abilities or underrate them considerably.

If you have another idea, I'd love to hear it. Especially since you seem to think it'll be an easy fix.

I don't see why they can't get more full time guys to work on rosters. Seriously one million may be a lot to you and me but when you sell as many copies as they do AND make CONSTANT profit with zero effort on VC it's not that bad. But you are correct in saying that is to much for them to want to invest unless something major happens. *like we stop buying this crap until they listen to us**cough**cough*
Especially since we are basically playing 60 bucks for a roster update the least they can do is actually update the roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 18 Shaffty @ 02/08/17 03:25 AM
Quote:

It would be easily enough, if they have 2-3 people (and not overall to expensive) who are constantly check the NBA and do ratings-changes like every week. At the moment I only can see Mike Stauffler (who didnīt notice for more than 2 weeks, that Chris Paul was injured and complained about him not being an All-Star this year.. Sorry for this jab Mike ) doing this as a semi-work, (before it was a guy named 2k-Insider/Sy), with rating updates coming only every 3-4 weeks ?!? They put most of their effort into daily MT-cards updates, which is the part which brings them money (due VC).

I am kind of upset, that the main focus of this game going from an actual simulation to a money-making machine due their focus on selling people VC (and creating opportunities to do so). The acutal selling of their games/copies doesn`t seem enough at all.

# 19 creweutah @ 02/08/17 03:45 AM
Quote:

They could staff 15 people for arguments sake. Don't care if it costs them 1-2 million per in salaries. The roster is a huge part of the experience offline and deserves this sort of attention. Hope 2K focuses a lot more on better rosters next season.

# 20 PPerfect_CJ @ 02/08/17 09:48 AM
Quote:

If you can make this kind of money editing rosters for a video game, then I have chosen the wrong profession...

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.