Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

Sony Interactive Entertainment has just started their MLB The Show 17 Twitch stream. Watch it here.

The team will be discussing gameplay, animations and retro mode. Post your thoughts!

UPDATE: Here is the link to the archive, for those of you that missed it.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Dolenz @ 02/09/17 05:16 PM
Enjoying the stream but the chat is toxic.

# 2 Speedy @ 02/09/17 05:22 PM
They redid the pitching meter, looks like.

# 3 The Kid 24 @ 02/09/17 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Crap. PS4 Pro confirmed. Now I'll have to upgrade.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
Does it make sense to upgrade if I dont have a 4K tv?

# 4 Speedy @ 02/09/17 05:24 PM
I feel like the ball speed has been a legacy issue that needs to be addressed...either ball speed or fielder speed, one. Two examples from the stream so far:

There was a ball down the line past the 1B that Kipnis in real life would've gotten to 2B but in the game, he's out by a mile.

Same with these catcher throws...if it gets past 2B and into the OF, normally the runner would jump up and run to 3B but in the game, the runner is out by a mile.

# 5 ryanmc564 @ 02/09/17 05:26 PM
Quote:
Not surprising. People don't understand what work in progress means.

The definition of the term has not changed yet every year we see examples of people choosing to ignore that fact.

while I do agree with you, but really when has the game ever been radically different from all the other past streams that are considered "a work in progress"??? Never.... So in some way their comments are valid.

# 6 Caulfield @ 02/09/17 05:37 PM
This play is a player of the game FRAMED candidate
Is that new? And I wonder what it is.

# 7 underdog13 @ 02/09/17 05:49 PM
Quote:
Crap. PS4 Pro confirmed. Now I'll have to upgrade.

What does ps4 pro confirmed mean?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 8 bxphenom7 @ 02/09/17 05:49 PM
Crap, I missed all the gameplay stuff. They started the Retro Mode stuff when I opened the stream.

# 9 Tomba @ 02/09/17 06:03 PM
graphically looks the same as MLB 15 I see ZERO difference. The difference should be breathtaking I dont know why ppl swallow this game and stand for it it doesnt improve graphically graphically its hit a wall.

# 10 BA2929 @ 02/09/17 06:06 PM
For some reason, them putting in Kluber at catcher really made me excited lol

# 11 TheBleedingRed21 @ 02/09/17 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
graphically looks the same as MLB 15 I see ZERO difference. The difference should be breathtaking I dont know why ppl swallow this game and stand for it it doesnt improve graphically graphically its hit a wall.
You ever think they aren't putting it on full display until the presentation stream? Why would they do it last and have it out on display on the very first stream?

# 12 thaSLAB @ 02/09/17 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
This play is a player of the game FRAMED candidate
Is that new? And I wonder what it is.
It's an in-engine cue. They are always going on behind the scenes in the released game.

# 13 Speedy @ 02/09/17 06:10 PM
Hey! I won a 10-pack bundle on the stream.

# 14 Turbojugend @ 02/09/17 06:12 PM
Warren Spahn legend = Epicness

# 15 tnixen @ 02/09/17 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
I wondered how long it would take someone here to say that.

Every year samething lol

# 16 Bard @ 02/09/17 06:15 PM
How is everything looking guys? Can't view the stream at all today...bummer...new lace line drives in? Doubles and triples more fluid?

# 17 bcruise @ 02/09/17 06:17 PM
Hit variety and physics were the best thing to come out of that stream for me. Was hoping they'd be able to show the Humanity AI in action, but that didn't really happen.

I actually liked the little slo-mo effect on close plays for stolen bases, but I'm sure there are more than a few around here wondering if that effect can be turned off.

# 18 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/09/17 06:20 PM
ball physics is a game elevator. That was pure sweetness watching some of those hits hook and slice so realistically. They did mention the physics are still being worked on, some hit types still not behaving realistically.

They also mentioned the catcher throw meter is tied to the normal throw meter settings.

# 19 Steve_OS @ 02/09/17 06:25 PM
For those of you interested in Retro Mode, they have an 8 bit option for low-res.

# 20 Sayheykid01 @ 02/09/17 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
You ever think they aren't putting it on full display until the presentation stream? Why would they do it last and have it out on display on the very first stream?
IMO, he does have a point. The game rarely looks drastically different than the streams when it comes out. I remember one year they "cracked the lighting code" right before the game went gold, and it still didn't necessarily blow people away.

I'm a gameplay guy, and I've been buying the show every year for the past decade, but it does bother me when people jump on anyone critiquing the graphics of the game (not just singling you out btw).

As far as gameplay goes, love the new spin on the ball..and some of those throwing animations looked fluid. Balls down the line are still a problem, most balls hit right down the line in real life are easily a stand up double. Looks like they're still a bang bang play this year.

More hit variety is always a good thing, but I actually do agree with the people harping on little graphical improvement. It's not the first year on PS4 anymore, I think they have a valid point. Here's to hoping the new grass tech looks great.

« Previous1234567891314Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.