Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

GameStop has just posted their MLB The Show 17 MLB Monday video, featuring some of the new features coming to Diamond Dynasty to keep you engaged throughout the upcoming baseball season.

The team has added head to head seasons, a new mode called Events and much more. Watch the video to learn more and post your thoughts.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 bcruise @ 02/13/17 05:14 PM
Thanks for the heads up Steve!

H2H Seasons is a nice addition. I've gotten quite a bit of mileage out of those in both MUT and HUT.

I recognize some of those specific Topps cards from my own collecting days (which was a really long time ago)

# 2 The Kid 24 @ 02/13/17 05:17 PM
The brief glimpse of Thor's face looked very nice!

And his delivery looked to finish with more power then we're used to seeing.

# 3 tnixen @ 02/13/17 05:23 PM
Did players jerseys always get that dirty in 16 or is that new for 17?

Number and Name on back of the jerseys look perfect. But it looks like the number on the front of the jerseys need to be higher too maybe for 18 as I am sure it's to late to fix that now.

But looking good!!!

# 4 MetsFan16 @ 02/13/17 05:24 PM
Good stuff. I'm intrigued by the Seasons aspect. Really wish they added more Offline content and modes but I am feeling good about DD.

As much as some people enjoy Hidden Missions/Discoveries and Mode Specific Rewards, I am not that big on. I have mediocre wifi and playing Online gets difficult at times, but I want those sweet mode specific rewards! And for hidden missions, it's nice to know how to do things without having to stumble upon it or go online and see what gets you where.

Still, DD should be good.

# 5 thekingofKC @ 02/13/17 06:06 PM
Looks like there is a LAAAAAWWWT to be excited for in DD this year. Even more fired up now for the deep dive later this week.

# 6 Willis135 @ 02/13/17 06:10 PM
At around the 20 second mark, watch the fabric on the pants. It's got stretch and flexibility. Looks great

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

# 7 xBravesx @ 02/13/17 06:48 PM
Looks like we will have Roberto Alomar, Jr rookie card available if you look at the 1:35 mark! In the My Player Collection section on the left, just above Nolan Ryan is Alomar's Topps rookie card from 1988 when he was with the San Diego Padres.

Nice!!

# 8 Factzzz @ 02/13/17 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
The brief glimpse of Thor's face looked very nice!

And his delivery looked to finish with more power then we're used to seeing.
He did look good, last year he had a generic face, i just wish his hair was longer, as it's pretty long in real life, longer than the Show has it
Spoiler

And i was looking at his delivery too, to see where he lands, and he landed towards first base side, so that bodes well for the accuracy of pitching delivery finishes.

Robinson Cano's home run animation looked really nice too.

# 9 Detroitfan4life1993 @ 02/13/17 07:40 PM
Can't wait to play dd this year

# 10 Archie56 @ 02/14/17 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detroitfan4life1993
Can't wait to play dd this year
I've never been a DD guy but I just may try it out this year. Looks very interesting!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

# 11 CoiaNY @ 02/14/17 01:04 AM
Eh, never been into DD. Looks like it'll be fun for those that play it though.

# 12 jeffy777 @ 02/14/17 04:09 AM
Was looking forward to trying DD for the first time this year, but disappointed to hear there aren't many ways to play it offline vs. AI.

# 13 BigOscar @ 02/14/17 09:19 AM
Bit disappointed that all the new modes seem to be online only, offline needs some love as there are a lot of us who really don't want to play against other humans and all the exploits and cheap tactics that inevitably brings. Both seasons and events sound like they'd be perfect for single player as well, much like Battle Royale probably would have been.

I know they want to encourage an active online community, but the grumpy old man in me really doesn't want to be dealing with playing online as my tolerance for people exploiting whatever cheap tactic turns out to be slightly overpowred is pretty low these days.

# 14 Sip_16 @ 02/14/17 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Bit disappointed that all the new modes seem to be online only, offline needs some love as there are a lot of us who really don't want to play against other humans and all the exploits and cheap tactics that inevitably brings. Both seasons and events sound like they'd be perfect for single player as well, much like Battle Royale probably would have been.

I know they want to encourage an active online community, but the grumpy old man in me really doesn't want to be dealing with playing online as my tolerance for people exploiting whatever cheap tactic turns out to be slightly overpowred is pretty low these days.
I get what you are saying and until last year I was strictly an offline player, last year I played a lot of DD, BR as well as my usual franchise. I really didn't find personally playing against too many players that exploited parts of the game. I think there are those players out there but I have had way more normal fun games then those frustrating ones.

Franchise updates havent been announced so hopefully that will be a nice surprise as well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.