Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 title update #10 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Check out the patch notes below.

UPDATE: Clint and Rex gave more details about the patch in their Twitch stream, watch the archive here.

Gameplay
  • Removed the ability to flick the R-Stick to pump fake when the player is outside of the pocket. Right Stick will now always throw ball away in these situations.
  • Fixed a legacy issue where defensive linemen would be called for encroachment when offense was using no huddle.
  • Addressed an issue where receivers would have the ball bounce off their arms when attempting RAC catches leading to drops or tip picks.
  • Fixed issue where QB’s could not match tackles after throwing an interception.
  • Fixed an issue where the user drop down banner was precluding player stat drop downs
  • Removed user drop down banners for user catch, finesse and power moves due to high frequency being distracting.
  • Fixed a bug where a safety banner would fire every time a pass was intercepted in the end zone.
  • Fixed a grieving tactic where offense could trigger infinite offsides penalties to extend the game.
  • Made some zone coverage adjustments to improve an issue where C Routes were overpowered when run on the wide side of the field with a TE on the line of scrimmage.
  • Increased frequency of broken tackles that can trigger from hit sticks. This will add more risk to going for hit stick tackles.
  • Fixed CPU punters kicking high into the wind, causing short punts.
  • Fixed a short delay that could rarely occur when attempting to snap the ball.
  • Fixed a variety of ‘players freezing’ issues when coming out of blocking interactions.
  • Tuned up fumble chances on ‘precision dive over top’ and increased the Tier requirements to perform the elite version of this mechanic.
  • Fixed an issue where free offensive linemen would not react to a nearby defender who just beat a block.
  • A variety of pass block targeting issues resolved.
  • Fixed several encroachment bugs that would result from aligning and sliding the defense in pre-play.
  • Addressed a rare issue where defenders could get into a state where they could not be blocked.
  • Fixed an issue where turning the pass accuracy slider to 0 would have very little impact in game.
  • Fixed a turbo blitz off the edge that was specific to players in a 4 point stance.
  • Addressed an issue where a DB in press coverage would not be able to defend a player locked user WR hot routed to a smoke screen
Stability
  • Tuned a variety of issues related to community feedback that lower rated offensive line was too effective against an elite defensive line. This change will also make elite OL more effective against lower rated D-line.
  • Addressed feedback that various online modes played at different game speeds. All online game speeds now consolidated to run at normal game speed.
  • Addressed an issue where a user in an online game could disconnect/concede and result in a crash for the opponent.
  • Addressed an issue where a timeout call on the pause menu could lead to camera settings being switched. This was also used as a grieving tactic to reset opponents camera.
  • Fixed an issue where user settings would be reset to defaults in a play a friend game. This includes the auto flip setting defaulting to on.
Franchise
  • Fixed CFM issue where user would receive an Invite Error Popup when trying to invite another user to a Franchise game.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 441 cch99 @ 03/09/17 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Haven't seen it in CFM games, so, if it does rear it's ugly head again, back to simming punts for me.

It's in CFM too. It randomly happens in games. .
Just happened to me last night

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 442 roadman @ 03/09/17 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cch99
It's in CFM too. It randomly happens in games. .
Just happened to me last night

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I'll lookout for it, I haven't seen it, yet.

# 443 CleveCluby @ 03/09/17 04:36 PM
I have tried and tried to enjoy this game, Even with it's flaws I have tried to make the best out of it. I think today was the last straw. After all the work, effort and time we have spent the frustration to make it somewhat realistic and enjoyable it is just to much.

As many of you know I only play, Play of the moment OFFLINE. Today was our big play division championship game. After working 2 years trying to get our Browns to the SB. One of us plays offense, the others defense and we switch on and off. We went 13 and 3 and were playing KC for the Championship game. It was at Cleveland in a 14 MPH wind. For times we punted the ball into the wind and got our 15 yd punt ( That was Supposed to be fixed. ) twice the ball came down and hit one of our guys in the back of the head and bounced around. Leaving KC in great field position.

We were still winning 17 to 14 with less than three minutes left. We kicked a field goal to make it 20 to 14 and then as it has done many times, the game went into the freeze mode. It didn't lock up, it just wouldn't advance, got our delay of game penalty. The only thing you can do at this point is close application and reboot the game. After rebooting the game returned BUT, it changed uniforms, it was raining and worst of all it switched the controller. We were now controlling the Chiefs. So we couldn't use our time outs, couldn't call defense or offense. All we could do is set there and watch as KC went straight down the field to score a TD with 12 seconds left.

There is absolutely no excuse for the game to continue doing this. EA has been advised of this many many times. It completely changes and ruins the game and EA should be ashamed of putting out a product like this. I thank goodness that it's almost Baseball season and the best sports game on the market will be out soon. It's bad enough that EA has said the Punt issue was fixed, The blocking ghost issue, and so many others problems ruin a game after all this time. All the time and effort I have spent on this game just to have it ruined because of a recurring problem that EA has not fixed. It isn't worth my time anymore. Flaws are one thing it can be worked around, But when you spend an hour playing a game and it locks up and completely switches the entire game and removes you from it. It is nothing but a waste of time, especially when it happens over and over.

# 444 D81SKINS @ 03/09/17 09:59 PM
I'm thinking this and punting have drawn me back to OOTB version. Cpu could actually be a run threat w/o making the blocking so OP'd. I no longer fear the run or even the "edge-run" w/ AP 1.10.

# 445 LionsFanNJ @ 03/10/17 12:53 PM
Even with the post patch flaws i've found the stuff that works for me. 65 run block has seemed to be a sweet spot for me.

# 446 NewscasterNews4 @ 03/11/17 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes1
Yep, since this patch, the cpu running game seems much improved.
Yeah I'm not seeing this at all. I watch CPU vs CPU and in the most recent game I watched an 88 overall Christian McCaffrey and Melvin Gordon both just have about 2.5 yards per carry with RBK on 55. The weird part was when the patch first dropped I upped the slider to this and it was perfect. I'm not sure what happened.

On the flip side, running is the same for me when I play, haven't needed to adjust that slider at all.

# 447 Vikes1 @ 03/12/17 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewscasterNews4
Yeah I'm not seeing this at all. I watch CPU vs CPU and in the most recent game I watched an 88 overall Christian McCaffrey and Melvin Gordon both just have about 2.5 yards per carry with RBK on 55. The weird part was when the patch first dropped I upped the slider to this and it was perfect. I'm not sure what happened.

On the flip side, running is the same for me when I play, haven't needed to adjust that slider at all.
It's interesting how people can have such different experiences with the same game. For me so far with the latest patch, (All Madden level) the cpu running game seems improved. Also my running has really struggled, and my pass rush has pretty much gone away. Not a big deal though,I just need to make a few slider adjustments. Still enjoying the heck outta this years game.

# 448 Rjrosco @ 03/13/17 03:26 AM
I use to have RB moves on auto, as I only controlled the QB, so thought that was the way to go. After a re-install I accidentally left RB moves to Manual and I noticed straight away the CPU running the ball a lot better. I had played with the latest patch on the Auto setting before that as well, so if you have it on Auto set it to Manual and see if you notice any differance.

# 449 NewscasterNews4 @ 03/13/17 04:23 PM
Quote:
It's interesting how people can have such different experiences with the same game. For me so far with the latest patch, (All Madden level) the cpu running game seems improved. Also my running has really struggled, and my pass rush has pretty much gone away. Not a big deal though,I just need to make a few slider adjustments. Still enjoying the heck outta this years game.
That's really weird lol. For me I've actually had way more of a pass rush in the season I started post patch since the game first dropped. Probably because I've been blitzing more, but even on 4 man rushes I'm able to get hits and hurries on the QB.

I also still play this game a ton, and just like you I just have to make a couple of minor slider tweaks and things should be perfect.

# 450 cable guy @ 03/13/17 05:19 PM
Quote:
For me the running game for the cpu was almost non existent. And my other problem was man cov for me and cpu was not that good. All-pro default.
But... Sliders were my best friend for this latest patch. Game is playing really good. Very happy with it.
I agree, seems people are having different in game experiences.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

# 451 cable guy @ 03/13/17 05:21 PM
Also, is anyone NOT having the ghost blocking LT. I haven't seen it. Unless I missed it, which I don't think I could miss that.

# 452 RogueHominid @ 03/13/17 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
Also, is anyone NOT having the ghost blocking LT. I haven't seen it. Unless I missed it, which I don't think I could miss that.

I'm lucky. I play more Madden than most people and I haven't seen it yet.

# 453 JoshC1977 @ 03/13/17 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I'm not either....not sure why. I would say that it could be due to default sliders but Tdawg has commented that he has seen it with my sliders. Could this be a formation issue?

I would love to see a series of vids showing this....for sure SOMETHING is causing it...but what?

# 454 cable guy @ 03/13/17 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I'm not either....not sure why. I would say that it could be due to default sliders but Tdawg has commented that he has seen it with my sliders. Could this be a formation issue?

I would love to see a series of vids showing this....for sure SOMETHING is causing it...but what?
Great! I've totally changed up the sliders and have not seen it.

# 455 D81SKINS @ 03/13/17 08:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

I've only seen it when I go empty backfield, I think it was the formation with the HB out wide on the weakside.

# 456 Armor and Sword @ 03/15/17 09:33 AM
I was just prompted for update 1.11

7.940 GB

Mmmmmmmm. I paused it. Want to see notes before I even consider DL it.

# 457 loccdogg26 @ 03/15/17 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

7.940 GB

I just downloaded it. Around 85 mb

# 458 cable guy @ 03/15/17 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

7.940 GB

How do we pause it?
I'm on PS4. Do I just disconnect from internet really quick?

# 459 bcruise @ 03/15/17 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
How do we pause it?
I'm on PS4. Do I just disconnect from internet really quick?

Go to notifications and you should see it in progress (unless it's already finished). Select it with X, and on the downloads screen hit X again and you'll see the pause option. If the game prompts you for a new patch when starting up Madden, select "start application without updating".

# 460 cable guy @ 03/15/17 02:51 PM
Thankyou!!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.