Home
Madden NFL 17 News Post

Madden NFL 17 title update #10 is available now for Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Check out the patch notes below.

UPDATE: Clint and Rex gave more details about the patch in their Twitch stream, watch the archive here.

Gameplay
  • Removed the ability to flick the R-Stick to pump fake when the player is outside of the pocket. Right Stick will now always throw ball away in these situations.
  • Fixed a legacy issue where defensive linemen would be called for encroachment when offense was using no huddle.
  • Addressed an issue where receivers would have the ball bounce off their arms when attempting RAC catches leading to drops or tip picks.
  • Fixed issue where QB’s could not match tackles after throwing an interception.
  • Fixed an issue where the user drop down banner was precluding player stat drop downs
  • Removed user drop down banners for user catch, finesse and power moves due to high frequency being distracting.
  • Fixed a bug where a safety banner would fire every time a pass was intercepted in the end zone.
  • Fixed a grieving tactic where offense could trigger infinite offsides penalties to extend the game.
  • Made some zone coverage adjustments to improve an issue where C Routes were overpowered when run on the wide side of the field with a TE on the line of scrimmage.
  • Increased frequency of broken tackles that can trigger from hit sticks. This will add more risk to going for hit stick tackles.
  • Fixed CPU punters kicking high into the wind, causing short punts.
  • Fixed a short delay that could rarely occur when attempting to snap the ball.
  • Fixed a variety of ‘players freezing’ issues when coming out of blocking interactions.
  • Tuned up fumble chances on ‘precision dive over top’ and increased the Tier requirements to perform the elite version of this mechanic.
  • Fixed an issue where free offensive linemen would not react to a nearby defender who just beat a block.
  • A variety of pass block targeting issues resolved.
  • Fixed several encroachment bugs that would result from aligning and sliding the defense in pre-play.
  • Addressed a rare issue where defenders could get into a state where they could not be blocked.
  • Fixed an issue where turning the pass accuracy slider to 0 would have very little impact in game.
  • Fixed a turbo blitz off the edge that was specific to players in a 4 point stance.
  • Addressed an issue where a DB in press coverage would not be able to defend a player locked user WR hot routed to a smoke screen
Stability
  • Tuned a variety of issues related to community feedback that lower rated offensive line was too effective against an elite defensive line. This change will also make elite OL more effective against lower rated D-line.
  • Addressed feedback that various online modes played at different game speeds. All online game speeds now consolidated to run at normal game speed.
  • Addressed an issue where a user in an online game could disconnect/concede and result in a crash for the opponent.
  • Addressed an issue where a timeout call on the pause menu could lead to camera settings being switched. This was also used as a grieving tactic to reset opponents camera.
  • Fixed an issue where user settings would be reset to defaults in a play a friend game. This includes the auto flip setting defaulting to on.
Franchise
  • Fixed CFM issue where user would receive an Invite Error Popup when trying to invite another user to a Franchise game.

Game: Madden NFL 17Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 boogavel @ 02/14/17 04:15 PM
The just ruined online game play. My goodness. Speed it back up!

# 82 miknhoj1983 @ 02/14/17 04:16 PM
Can anyone comment if the CPU QB throws more balls downfield? Too often they either hold on or throw out of bounds rather than take chances.

# 83 JohnDoe8865 @ 02/14/17 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yerner
ok. thanks. yeah, I have had a couple ends and tackle on defense go out but not many. it is easier to rotate those guys and more realistic to play like that so it's not as bothersome. the offensive lineman injuries is a real bummer.
One idea as far as linemen injuries that I've read in the past here and I really like, is the idea of taking some or all of your OL/DL and going to a random number generator site. From there, for each player, you say something like on a 1-100 scale, if I roll a 25 or below (or the opposite, not both) 75 or above, then this player is injured (feel free to tweak the scale obviously). From there you can either determine the length of the injury by the number below 25/above 75 that you rolled and use that as the number of weeks injured, or you can re-roll with 1-17 or whatever range you like and either use the first roll, or generate an average, or whatever, to determine how many games to sit that player.

In the absence of real OL/DL injuries, I use this as almost a house rule to make sure I'm playing on something closer to a level playing field with the CPU.

# 84 howboutdat @ 02/14/17 04:18 PM
This is for those who missed it, Archive video of Rex,Clint going over the update. Just go to the 21 minute mark, thats when they get on stream https://www.twitch.tv/videos/122095013

A few interesting things i found corrilated in a test run in a test league we have . I ran a game with guy from our league:

1- Rex said in order to fix the RAC drops, they had to change game speed and slow it down( he explains why in video). So for those leagues who normally played on slow( online im not sure if this effected offline) Rex said you may want to bump up to normal speed.I can attest as one whos league has always played on slow, normal speed now feels about like slow speed did feel. If you like normal speed before patch you may need to go up a notch.

2- They mentioned lower overall/attributed olinemen not being as good as top guy. In game i was playing as seattle( who has bad oline) My LG was getting blown up ALOT.Check his over( was 75) His pass block was 74 , run block 76. I suggest people get some oline because it sure seemed to be true, lower guys was getting eatin alive.

3-We didnt see alot of drops, most were when getting hit , so understandable there.

4- They said in the video something about ( i didnt catch it all) cloud flats was what got worked on to defend those C routes better, not sure much else changed but that, maybe i miss understood Rex there.

5-Saw improved blocking on passing and seemed like even running guys went to pick up the right people most the time, instead of standing there twiddling their thumbs.

6- My oppenent was using Dak Prescot( early year roster not recent , so his attributes were much lower than now) he missed on a few passes , was just bad passes. Kinda nice to see. I think we have qb acc at 25 in that test league if i recall.

So far, while early , some of the patch for sure seemed to bring in some improvements , which is good to see.

One thing i will note though. We know the tourney crowd has more presence on twitter.Rex talked about why they changed game speed, and how it was to fix rac drops and other "wonkyness" he said they find to be in game due to this issue of game speed.But he said give it a week or two, and let him know how you feel after that, if majority of people hate it , they will change game speed back to what it was but that it would bring back RAC drops and all the other wonkiness due to this issue.So please guys, if you like it, please ,make a point to hit Rex and Clint both up on twitter and tell them its good, dont change it.If tourney guys cant get used to game speed, while id hope they would welcome the none drops and other wonkiness more than game speed, id hate to see them get it switched back if they can adjust to game speed.Please reach out to them and let them know not to change it if you like the improvements.

# 85 bcruise @ 02/14/17 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aweb20
How is man coverage? I'm curious if the sliding and terrible reaction to the receiver making a cut was fixed. It was fine until I believe the patch in October.
I did get the slide in that first game.

# 86 bcruise @ 02/14/17 05:25 PM
The inaccuracy is definitely there for the CPU as well. In this second game at halftime, Goff is 8-15. 4 of the incompletions have been clean misses.

And this is still at 50 accuracy.

# 87 LionsFanNJ @ 02/14/17 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
I did get the slide in that first game.

yeah after i made my post about not seeing it, I started seeing some of the slide as well. Damn.

# 88 edaddy @ 02/14/17 05:50 PM
Three things, has fatigue been corrected , are there different wr/db interactions that lead to more PI and Def holding calls.. and if anyone has a chance to delve into CFM do Formation subs stick offline etc ..not in game but when you set them out of game..thanks!!

# 89 Slim4824 @ 02/14/17 05:56 PM
I'm seeing cpu punting into the wind being even worse now. They are skying in for 15 yards instead of the low short line drive.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk

# 90 JayD @ 02/14/17 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Three things, has fatigue been corrected , are there different wr/db interactions that lead to more PI and Def holding calls.. and if anyone has a chance to delve into CFM do Formation subs stick offline etc ..not in game but when you set them out of game..thanks!!
Whars wrong with fatigue?

# 91 benton32 @ 02/14/17 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
The inaccuracy is definitely there for the CPU as well. In this second game at halftime, Goff is 8-15. 4 of the incompletions have been clean misses.

And this is still at 50 accuracy.

wellllll the run game seems alil tougher which is fine but i dont control anyone so i cant make mid run adjustments haha im using all pro default except i lowered acc to 25, and right now it still seems the same to me but hey it could die off later in the game, right now my QB is 15/18 passing, and the cpu is 9/14 that seems more like it on the cpu end heck i did see a few off throws, iwas mainly talking about my user QB on coach mode, i mean he is a solid QB good atts, and maybe he will cool off,

I mean maybe the OL vs DL changes also effect the run game, ill be curious to see if people start coming up with new sliders lol, I did see a KR by the cpu to the house, granted this was on broadcast mode but still i was kinda happy to see them return it for a TD granted it could have been coincidence lol

# 92 Mattanite @ 02/14/17 06:38 PM
Is anyone else getting really bad slow motion stutter in CFM training mode now?

# 93 Charvalos @ 02/14/17 06:41 PM
Yes, me too.

# 94 D81SKINS @ 02/14/17 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slim4824
I'm seeing cpu punting into the wind being even worse now. They are skying in for 15 yards instead of the low short line drive.

Sent from my SM-N920R7 using Tapatalk
You may want to uninstall and reinstall, hopefully this isn't still an issue.
Let us know if it still is after that.
Thanks

# 95 Xpider @ 02/14/17 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geodude
Is anyone else getting really bad slow motion stutter in CFM training mode now?
Yup. Luckily got most done and can sim the rest of the way

# 96 TheGentlemanGhost @ 02/14/17 08:18 PM
Awesome, it took a loooong time but this seems to be the patch I need to get involved in M17 again!

# 97 Mattanite @ 02/14/17 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpider
Yup. Luckily got most done and can sim the rest of the way
Darn it just restarted mine. CFM killed off for me now...

# 98 Charvalos @ 02/14/17 09:23 PM
I played a game with the Titans (CFM), All-Pro, all sliders at default and it was a great game. Accuracy is finally here and the CPU can punt into the wind.

# 99 RogueHominid @ 02/14/17 09:25 PM
I just played a CFM game and the CPU was able to punt one 49 YDS into a cross-wind, so that's a good sign. Nothing looked broken in my test.

# 100 howboutdat @ 02/14/17 09:38 PM
i played a Draft Champions game ( while waiting to play opponent in cfm) only odd thing i saw,happened a few times. Once qb got sacked, ball went flying almost straight up in air about 3 seconds before it came down, was rather odd.On another occasion a db tipped ball on pass, it went way up in air and traveled down field about 30 yards....Only thing ive noticed bad so far.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.