Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

Check out the latest MLB The Show 17 player comparison screenshots. A big thanks to Ramone and Sony for sending them to us. Post your thoughts!

Masahiro Tanaka in MLB The Show 16 (left) vs. MLB The Show 17 (right).

Felix Hernandez in MLB The Show 16 (left) vs. MLB The Show 17 (right).

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 SilverBullet1929 @ 02/14/17 09:53 PM
Has the thing Ramone teased with IGN today already come out?

# 42 ShowTyme15 @ 02/14/17 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929
Has the thing Ramone teased with IGN today already come out?
Nope! He was at IGN and Gamespot today as well.

# 43 ShowTyme15 @ 02/14/17 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margelofskya
screenshot from Ramone, looks like extra customization of glasses

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
These options for glasses were in 16.

# 44 Caulfield @ 02/14/17 10:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Which pre-order do we need for this to be included as well?
You can send me the check. Make it out to "The Human Fund, C/O Caulfield".

As good as the real scea players look I wouldnt mind seeing one of the create-a-players.
And I'd like to see the one of Mr. Russell as a secondbaseman as well.
You still in the Tampa minors, Mr. Russell?

# 45 Rocket32 @ 02/14/17 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
Clearly these new faces are big upgrades, but does anyone else think Tanaka's skin color is a couple shades too dark here? It almost looks like he's had a smattering of charcoal applied to his face instead of stubble.
Glad someone else noticed this. Agreed, Tanaka's skin color is definitely off here. Looked at real images of Tanaka to make sure and his MLB 16 skin color is definitely better. Definitely a bit too dark. Maybe it can still be fixed before release?

Love the face upgrades though. These side by side comparisons they've released really make you realize how bad last years faces were. Besides Tanaka these look great. Huge upgrade over last years game already and yet theirs still plenty more to come.

# 46 Margelofskya @ 02/14/17 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
These options for glasses were in 16.

I guess I wasn't paying attention, my bad

# 47 Russell_SCEA @ 02/14/17 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
Glad someone else noticed this. Agreed, Tanaka's skin color is definitely off here. Looked at real images of Tanaka to make sure and his MLB 16 skin color is definitely better. Definitely a bit too dark. Maybe it can still be fixed before release?

Love the face upgrades though. These side by side comparisons they've released really make you realize how bad last years faces were. Besides Tanaka these look great. Huge upgrade over last years game already and yet theirs still plenty more to come.
All players skin tones ( that have scans) are lifted directly from their scan. So go find pictures of him in bright sun, shade, without a cap, etc.... and you will see everyone's skin tone changes depending on the lighting during the time the photo was taken.

# 48 ryanmc564 @ 02/14/17 11:00 PM
I'm simply just awe struck by these side by sides. That is a huge upgrade, they done cranked the player faces up to 11. I have to insert my foot into my mouth, i wasn't expecting this level of player upgrade this year.

# 49 ShowTyme15 @ 02/14/17 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
All players skin tones ( that have scans) are lifted directly from their scan. So go find pictures of him in bright sun, shade, without a cap, etc.... and you will see everyone's skin tone changes depending on the lighting during the time the photo was taken.
Passing this along

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/don-mat...194837384.html

# 50 LastActionHero @ 02/15/17 01:53 AM
The neck tattoo of Felix also looks way better. Maaaaybe we'll finally see arm tattoos as well this year...? Goes a long way with authenticity.

# 51 Artman22 @ 02/15/17 02:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidb69
I'm thinking these are PS4 pro models they are being silent about that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what I'm thinking because this isn't just better lighting like someone suggested. This is higher textures too, but it's good to see them starting to address the graphics on the PS4. Can't wait to see the pro models..

# 52 bcruise @ 02/15/17 02:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artman22
This is what I'm thinking because this isn't just better lighting like someone suggested. This is higher textures too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
They are not, every image was taken using a PS4 dev kit.
Ramone's post was responding to the post you quoted.

# 53 jimmy13 @ 02/15/17 02:38 AM
This looks amazing and I'm truly blown away, however I have noticed with at least a few black/darker skin players, their skin tones are light. Like Griffey and cano for example. But otherwise my only real complaint is that this game doesn't come out tomorrow.

# 54 dran1984 @ 02/15/17 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
The neck tattoo of Felix also looks way better. Maaaaybe we'll finally see arm tattoos as well this year...? Goes a long way with authenticity.
That won't happen due to legal issues. Neck tattoos are only in because they are considered part of the face.

# 55 LastActionHero @ 02/15/17 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
That won't happen due to legal issues. Neck tattoos are only in because they are considered part of the face.

A neck tattoo should hold the same legal issues. They probably get away with it because only a few players have them and don't want to risk a lawsuit for the more in your face arm tattoos.

Now we have these new insane life like faces and more player specific personalities I think this is the only thing left...oh and jersey specific styles like top buttons open.

# 56 rkocjay @ 02/15/17 06:18 AM
both look great . but Felix looks like a huge update

# 57 ShaiLeGran @ 02/15/17 07:19 AM
Perhaps off-topic, but what about the grass? I think I read something about new grass textures? It is the other graphical thing that bugs me about The Show, especially when looking at the grass in the FIFA series, which looks like the real deal. Especially where the grass changes 'design' in the outfield looks horrible.

# 58 benny15 @ 02/15/17 11:15 AM
AHHH!!! Was telling myself that I would continue playing 16 and skip this year...but all these graphical pictures are making me cave...

# 59 RoyalBoyle78 @ 02/15/17 11:32 AM
love the new faces, but my thing is I don't remember those screens from 2016 looking like that, were they really that Flat???/

Also the Show 17 will play on all PS4 systems, so I'm not sure what they can really do with the Pro to make them look that different. Just saying, heck Ill eat crow if they look that much different, just don't see how when its the same game across all PS4 systems.

# 60 TripleCrown9 @ 02/15/17 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
Partly true. Neck tattoos get picked up when they do face scans.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.