Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

Check out the latest MLB The Show 17 player comparison screenshots. A big thanks to Ramone and Sony for sending them to us. Post your thoughts!

Masahiro Tanaka in MLB The Show 16 (left) vs. MLB The Show 17 (right).

Felix Hernandez in MLB The Show 16 (left) vs. MLB The Show 17 (right).

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 ryanmc564 @ 02/15/17 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny15
AHHH!!! Was telling myself that I would continue playing 16 and skip this year...but all these graphical pictures are making me cave...

Same here, I tell myself every year that I'll skip next years game. Then every year The Show does something that makes me reconsider.

# 62 kehlis @ 02/15/17 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastActionHero
A neck tattoo should hold the same legal issues. They probably get away with it because only a few players have them and don't want to risk a lawsuit for the more in your face arm tattoos.

Now we have these new insane life like faces and more player specific personalities I think this is the only thing left...oh and jersey specific styles like top buttons open.

It does come with the same legal issues.

For all we know the players with neck tattoos are asked to get permission from the artist before their scan can be used.

# 63 Blzer @ 02/15/17 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Also the Show 17 will play on all PS4 systems, so I'm not sure what they can really do with the Pro to make them look that different. Just saying, heck Ill eat crow if they look that much different, just don't see how when its the same game across all PS4 systems.
I mean I think most people say that the best you'll get upgrade-wise is regarding resolution, framerate, and HDR (which are primarily the only three differences we've seen with games so far), but if they can just click to enable other certain things like PC games can, maybe they're able to add textures, shading, etc. that you normally otherwise couldn't on PS4 due to memory, power and processing.

So just maybe something like the sweaty look couldn't happen on PS4 whereas it could on Pro. That's a bad example since that appears to be on this game, but I'm just saying I think there are some other things that could be done on one and not the other. For example, I expect that a new GTA game could increase draw distances, traffic density, and water reflections on the Pro because of what the developers tweak just from their own little options. Stuff like that.

Regardless, these are on the vanilla PS4 and they look fantastic. I'm eagerly awaiting to see them on my own television! (or Vita)

# 64 Factzzz @ 02/15/17 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
It does come with the same legal issues.

For all we know the players with neck tattoos are asked to get permission from the artist before their scan can be used.
I think it's more likely neck tattoos are in the game because they get caught in the head scan whereas arm tattoos aren't in the game because they don't scan player bodies/arms.

# 65 CoiaNY @ 02/15/17 01:08 PM
Holy crapballs. SDS.....my hats off to you. Absolutely amazing!

# 66 kehlis @ 02/15/17 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
I think it's more likely neck tattoos are in the game because they get caught in the head scan whereas arm tattoos aren't in the game because they don't scan player bodies/arms.

More likely than what? I didn't give an alternate reason why they are in. I think that's a given.

# 67 SilverBullet1929 @ 02/15/17 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoiaNY
Holy crapballs. SDS.....my hats off to you. Absolutely amazing!
Why would you take your hat off with all the new upgrades to lighting and shadows on the face with the players wearing their caps?

# 68 Factzzz @ 02/15/17 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
More likely than what? I didn't give an alternate reason why they are in. I think that's a given.
More likely than legal reasons, as in, arm tattoos are more than likely not in because arms aren't scanned opposed to the reason being legal.

# 69 LastActionHero @ 02/15/17 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaiLeGran
Perhaps off-topic, but what about the grass? I think I read something about new grass textures? It is the other graphical thing that bugs me about The Show, especially when looking at the grass in the FIFA series, which looks like the real deal. Especially where the grass changes 'design' in the outfield looks horrible.

Ramone talks about it in the gamespot video from around the 18minute mark. It's the mow cut that changes colourwise depending on the camera/light. I wasn't too impressed seeing it in the video but it might be beautiful on your own tv I don't know. Still the colours are too dull in my opinion.

# 70 kehlis @ 02/15/17 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
More likely than legal reasons, as in, arm tattoos are more than likely not in because arms aren't scanned opposed to the reason being legal.

Agree 100%, didn't suggest otherwise.

All I said is that regardless of the why they are there they are still 100% liable. Whether or not they were asked to get permission we don't know but can't assume one way or the other.

# 71 TheCaesar99 @ 02/15/17 03:21 PM
What kind of sorcery is this?! This guys really listen to the community. Much, much appreciated the improvements. Now show me Jose Abreu with a real face scan finally and I'll throw a party tonight. 😀

# 72 @legendm0de @ 02/16/17 12:03 AM
yes i just shed a tear

# 73 parky_17 @ 02/16/17 01:38 AM
I saw someone mention before about the OSFM guys perhaps having to start from scratch now because of the new faces so I'm curios to see how the already created faces from mlb 16 carry over to the new game as Ramone said all of those heads have been deleted

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app

# 74 brandonm117 @ 02/16/17 03:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17
I saw someone mention before about the OSFM guys perhaps having to start from scratch now because of the new faces so I'm curios to see how the already created faces from mlb 16 carry over to the new game as Ramone said all of those heads have been deleted

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah I'm hopeful for carry over franchises, major leaguers will just be updated to their mlb 17 appearances and already created prospects will now have the mlb 17 editing features to make them more realistic.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Operation Sports mobile app

# 75 WhiteBunny @ 02/16/17 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket32
Glad someone else noticed this. Agreed, Tanaka's skin color is definitely off here. Looked at real images of Tanaka to make sure and his MLB 16 skin color is definitely better. Definitely a bit too dark. Maybe it can still be fixed before release?

Love the face upgrades though. These side by side comparisons they've released really make you realize how bad last years faces were. Besides Tanaka these look great. Huge upgrade over last years game already and yet theirs still plenty more to come.
Ramone clearly said that they're still working on skin tone, if i remember well.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.