Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

IGN has posted another MLB The Show 17 video, this one focuses on the gameplay changes in the game this year. Ramone also mentions there will be no PlayStation VR support this year, but it is something they are looking into for the future.

Check it out and post your thoughts.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 tnixen @ 02/21/17 01:07 PM
I love that hit at 2:58 mark!

At the 4:48 Mark you guys think a runner with an 80 speed rating should have walked into second on that hit into the right field corner? Looks to still be a problem with this game!

# 2 skrody @ 02/21/17 01:08 PM
RF getting his cardio in holy

# 3 Factzzz @ 02/21/17 01:29 PM
Indians still have blue socks and blue undershirts

# 4 tnixen @ 02/21/17 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Early build!

# 5 Sip_16 @ 02/21/17 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
Ramone said the build he was travelling with was 2 weeks old, its possible the changes have been made since they have updated some jerseys already.

# 6 HustlinOwl @ 02/21/17 01:32 PM
Post game summary achievements hmmmm????

# 7 strangeinternet @ 02/21/17 01:33 PM
anyone else notice the art on meter pitching is broken? seen this on all the streams too: the traveling white line goes beyond the red edge of the meter arc .

# 8 HypoLuxa13 @ 02/21/17 01:34 PM
- Yasmany Thomas with the new "husky" body type (or whatever they called it) it would appear. Or at least his body was tuned to be a little thicker than normal.

- Nice comments from Ramone regarding speeding up the arm whip in the pitching animations (I believe he said in the new ones they recaptured at least).

-Again, love seeing the new ball physics. That double in Right Center gap actually sliced off the bat of a Jake Lamb, a left hander. Truly looked like he got inside that pitch with his hands and kept the bad head back to create that spin. Very nice.

- Faces are looking pretty darn good, especially Kipnis and Lindor...

# 9 Factzzz @ 02/21/17 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
Early build!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip_16
Ramone said the build he was travelling with was 2 weeks old, its possible the changes have been made since they have updated some jerseys already.
Let's hope so then.

# 10 Cowboy008 @ 02/21/17 01:39 PM
Loved the ball physics in that video.

# 11 Willis135 @ 02/21/17 01:43 PM
The arm speed of the pitchers looks really well done.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

# 12 Reed1417 @ 02/21/17 01:43 PM
Like most have said, the ball physics look fantastic.

Reed is comin' atcha!

# 13 Mauer4MVP @ 02/21/17 01:43 PM
Quote:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2017/02/21...nges-explained

Russell says 6 Months down the line you will still see some new hit types and new animations!

These new ball physics are a dream come true!!!
Those types of statements are always tricky as we saw with No Man's Sky.

That being said, I'm so pumped for this game.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using Operation Sports mobile app

# 14 WhiteBunny @ 02/21/17 01:47 PM
Great stuff.

One thing i didn't like very much in all the videos i've seen so far is the throw power and accuracy of the outfielders. It seems a little bit overpowered, to be honest.

# 15 El_MaYiMbE @ 02/21/17 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny
Great stuff.

One thing i didn't like very much in all the videos i've seen so far is the throw power and accuracy of the outfielders. It seems a little bit overpowered, to be honest.
Just talked about this in another thread I created. It was in reference to video I saw of Retro Mode, but same gameplay.

My beef was more the decision making of the OF, but it seems like the arm strength being too strong is the real problem.

Either way, game looks awesome and ball physics are better than I expected....looking really good.

# 16 tnixen @ 02/21/17 02:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
Just talked about this in another thread I created. It was in reference to video I saw of Retro Mode, but same gameplay.

My beef was more the decision making of the OF, but it seems like the arm strength being too strong is the real problem.

Either way, game looks awesome and ball physics are better than I expected....looking really good.

Most likely to late for Sony to tweak the outfielders arms at this point. But maybe they can really take a real hard look into this for 18!

# 17 tnixen @ 02/21/17 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rh123
Default throwing power is always too high haha. Just click the slider down a couple and you should be fine.
But why can't Sony lower it by default?

I would rather not have to use sliders to fix development mistakes.

# 18 bigdipper88 @ 02/21/17 02:35 PM
Hence the reason for sliders in games to tweak to your liking

# 19 Russell_SCEA @ 02/21/17 02:38 PM
Quote:
But why can't Sony lower it by default?

I would rather not have to use sliders to fix development mistakes.
Where's said proof of developmental mistakes?

# 20 tnixen @ 02/21/17 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
Where's said proof of developmental mistakes?
Well saying it's developmental mistakes may have been the wrong words to use and I apologize.

I am just trying to say for a very long time here at OS so many including me have complained about the plays at second being bang bang and just way to close with even above average runners when balls are hit down the line and into the corners especially right field.

Do you guys not think this is even an issue?

We would just like this issue to be fixed.

« Previous123456Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.