Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

Following the NBA 2K17 debut of Park After Dark, featuring Snoop Dogg in November 2016 and Future in late December, 2K has scheduled a third event. This one features DJ Premier on Saturday, at 11pm EST / 8pm PST. There will be new music by DJ Premier, Joe Budden and more.

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 YungGun @ 02/22/17 11:48 AM
Bout to be a complete lag fest. Might as well not even play 2K online this weekend.

# 2 Fullspeed @ 02/22/17 12:00 PM

# 3 bottledwaterfan25 @ 02/22/17 12:45 PM
Lag after dark.

# 4 amedawg00 @ 02/22/17 12:51 PM
Welp... There's goes my MLO games being played during that time slot. Saving myself the lag frustration right the f#$&k now.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

# 5 E The Rhymer @ 02/22/17 01:26 PM
Lol he said he was premiering some song during this. Gonna be lit for the 4 people who can get in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 6 CBAT @ 02/22/17 01:41 PM
Would be nice if they would verbally address all of the issues that they've had in the last two Park After Dark's, instead of just pretend all is gravy.

# 7 SixGod @ 02/22/17 02:19 PM
It'll be a miracle if they get this right but I doubt it. We can't even play the double rep weekend without lag.

I was beginning to think these were cancelled because of all the issues. Hopefully they looked into it. If not then wow; "the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same result".

# 8 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 02/22/17 03:58 PM
Last time my crew couldn't get a pro am game started while this was going on.

# 9 E The Rhymer @ 02/22/17 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
They did in one of the earlier episodes if that makes you feel better lol.

They need to use this money they are paying these djs and buy better servers with that. also, I wouldn't be against scrapping the whole nba tv and firing rachel and put all that capital into fixing their game.

Idk I used to hate 2K Tv and thought it was a waste but now I like it. It gives me something to do when I'm waiting 10+ min for the game to load in to just about any mode [emoji19]. And Rachel makes it just a bit more watchable [emoji6].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 10 ssimpsons3 @ 02/23/17 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBAT
Would be nice if they would verbally address all of the issues that they've had in the last two Park After Dark's, instead of just pretend all is gravy.
This will never happen. Zero humility shown year after year.

2k should take notes from MLB The Show devs on how to openly address issues with humility, with the goal being improvement.

But, unfortunately, 2k players typically play no other games besides Madden and GTA, so 80% of them are ignorant to the fact that some of these features/ideals exist.

People don't even know carry over saves exist.These people stay in the 2k bubble, think that it's a good game, and never push for anything better.

# 11 Junior Moe @ 02/23/17 07:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssimpsons3
This will never happen. Zero humility shown year after year.

2k should take notes from MLB The Show devs on how to openly address issues with humility, with the goal being improvement.

But, unfortunately, 2k players typically play no other games besides Madden and GTA, so 80% of them are ignorant to the fact that some of these features/ideals exist.

People don't even know carry over saves exist.These people stay in the 2k bubble, think that it's a good game, and never push for anything better.
Honestly though man if "most" of 2K gamers are happy with the product in their bubble that's all that matters. Watching my younger brother and cousins play 2K Id venture to guess that they have never heard of nor care about year to year saves. I do. But I'm a franchise type. They play more and spend significantly more than I do (buying park stuff and gear) on the game and enjoy it. To each his own. You can't impose your standard of quality/good on someone else.

# 12 carlito1171 @ 02/25/17 11:35 AM
I don't mind an ad for the event here or there but geez does it have to be plastered all over my MYLeague games?!

# 13 Roger_Black @ 02/26/17 12:00 AM
I don't get it... Been seeing this (DJ Premier) ad all week for this event, while playing MyCareer.

So I logged into MyPark (Old Town Flyers) tonight at 11pm EST... it took like 10 minutes to actually 'load' the park and get in... but there's only like 6 other ppl in here... just playing 2v2.

The Park is empty.

And I don't hear ANY music from DJ Premier.
Nobody has 'glow in the dark' clothes, either.
  • So, just how does this whole DJ Premier event work?
  • Is it a certain 'mode' of the game? How do I get in?
  • Is it by 'invite only'? Or in a different area? (Like Sunset? or Rivet City?)
  • Is it only meant for special players? Or a limited number?
  • Does MyPlayer have to be a 'certain level' to get access?
  • Do you need a special 'locker code' or something to get access to this event?
  • (If so, it doesn't say that in any of the courtside banners, or on any 'in-game' messaging)

I never tried to attend the previous "Park after Dark" events, so I do not know how they work. At all.

This is the very first time I even tried.... But I feel like 2K did a really bad job at explaning 'HOW' this is supposed to work.

I t's like they advertised an 'special screening' of a movie all week long... but when I showed up at the theater to get my ticket... the whole place is closed down. And all the employees left. Long ago.

The only folks here are a few 'stragglers' (like myself) who thought they were seeing a movie also.

What gives? Am I missing something?
What did I not do properly?

Assist please. Thx in advance.

# 14 DakkoN @ 02/26/17 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger_Black
I don't get it... Been seeing this (DJ Premier) ad all week for this event, while playing MyCareer.

So I logged into MyPark tonight at 11pm EST... it took like 10 minutes to actually 'load' the park and get in... but there's only like 6 other ppl in here... just playing 2v2.

The Park is empty.

And I don't hear ANY music from DJ Premier.
Nobody has 'glow in the dark' clothes, either.
  • So, just how does this whole DJ Premier event work?
  • Is it a certain 'mode' of the game? How do I get in?
  • Is it only meant for special players? Or a limited number?
  • Does MyPlayer have to be a 'certain level' to get access?
  • Do you need a special 'locker code' or something to get access to this event?
  • (If so, it doesn't say that in any of the courtside banners, or on any 'in-game' messaging)

I never tried to attend the previous "Park after Dark" events, so I do not know how they work. At all.

This is the very first time I even tried.... But I feel like 2K did a really bad job at explaning 'HOW' this is supposed to work.

I t's like they advertised an 'special screening' of a movie all week long... but when I showed up at the theater to get my ticket... the whole place is closed down. And all the employees left. Long ago.

The only folks here are a few 'stragglers' (like myself) who thought they were seeing a movie also.

What gives? Am I missing something?
What did I not do properly?

Assist please. Thx in advance.
Walk over to the Event gate to travel to the Park After Dark.

# 15 Roger_Black @ 02/26/17 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DakkoN
Walk over to the Event gate to travel to the Park After Dark.
Thank you!! Sorry, I'm a complete newb at this Park After Dark thingy.
I didn't even see any Event Gate. Thanks!!

# 16 Inzombniac @ 02/26/17 12:37 AM
I wasn't really sure if I was going to take the risk of wasting time for this if it was broken and Twitter seemed to indicate it still was. However after loading in, I was able to get into two games successfully and play them out, I consider that alone a success as sad as that is.

It's a shame this finally worked out with the DJ Premier one, Snoop was more up my alley and would have been nice to actually play along with hearing the music.

# 17 NARFALICIOUS @ 02/26/17 05:06 AM
So much lag. I haven't wanted to play in a while and I guess I picked the wrong night to want to play.

# 18 infemous @ 02/27/17 04:34 PM
Played in the European one and it was so boring.

Love Preemo but music selection was weak. Kinda wish I went to the Future one but that was around NYE.. social time.

Couldn't even run a court coz everyone was doing the 3 point contest and the dunk contest and after defending a court once it would freeze.

Park is pure trash can't play it anymore, haven't had fun on it in months.

# 19 de_jesus @ 02/27/17 04:59 PM
Hey Steve_OS,

Good luck with the event. Can I make one request. I'm currently in the finals for my offline MyLeague and whenever I start a game I get "DJ PREMIER" on the space where the teams should be. It's everywhere, and for an offline mode it's pretty immersion breaking.

Any way your team can separate that from the other modes?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.