Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

Check out the latest MLB The Show 17 screenshots featuring the improvements to the jumbotrons in the game this year, compared to last year. Click the images below for a better view.

Quote:
Our artist actually updated nearly half of all MLB jumbotrons this year to more closely match their 2016 real-life counterparts. Oakland, Houston, Detroit, Cubs, Yankees, Pirates, and more all received updates. Additionally, ALL jumbotrons received a font upgrade this year to make text and stats look a lot cleaner.
Progressive Field

Guaranteed Rate Field

Citi Field

Target Field

AT&T Park

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 WaitTilNextYear @ 02/24/17 12:23 AM
Like Christmas in Feb. for those who play as the Indians, Cardinals, White Sox, Twins, Mets, and Giants. Surprised they didn't include a side-by-side of Busch Stadium like they did in today's stream.

# 2 sydrogerdavid @ 02/24/17 12:43 AM
Here it is for those who haven't seen it.

# 3 Adam_SDS @ 02/24/17 12:19 PM
I don't know if we mentioned this in the stream or not, but our artist actually re-did nearly half of the MLB stadium jumbotrons this year, updating them to be similar to their 2016 layouts

# 4 BlacknBlue @ 02/25/17 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_SDS
I don't know if we mentioned this in the stream or not, but our artist actually re-did nearly half of the MLB stadium jumbotrons this year, updating them to be similar to their 2016 layouts
Thanks, it goes a long ways to help with the immersion factor.

# 5 UNIT-352 @ 02/25/17 10:09 AM
Yankee Stadium get any upgrades?

# 6 tnixen @ 02/25/17 10:42 AM
I am anxiously awaiting to see if Citizens Bank Park got most of the upgrades that were needed

# 7 tnixen @ 02/25/17 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Are you from Philly?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
Yes [emoji1]

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Operation Sports mobile app

# 8 tnixen @ 02/25/17 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Nice. Never thought to ask. I'm about 20-25 miles north of Citizens Bank Park.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
I'm in the far north east

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Operation Sports mobile app

# 9 Caulfield @ 02/25/17 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT-352
Yankee Stadium get any upgrades?
Yeah, Bird/Holliday replacing A-Rod/Tex

# 10 Tomba @ 02/26/17 10:22 AM
Srsly? This looks the same even lighting wise and NO new sponsors? we've had the same type of ads for years?

Ive pre ordered so you cant say im NOT giving them my money but STILL

Id hope that some of the adwork sponsor work was revamped

# 11 Syce @ 02/26/17 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Srsly? This looks the same even lighting wise and NO new sponsors? we've had the same type of ads for years?

Ive pre ordered so you cant say im NOT giving them my money but STILL

Id hope that some of the adwork sponsor work was revamped
well just like everything, they need permission from those companies to use their sponsors.

# 12 underdog13 @ 02/26/17 01:46 PM
I would be down for fake sponsors like they used to have.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 13 Tomba @ 02/26/17 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syce
well just like everything, they need permission from those companies to use their sponsors.
I know just wishful thinking

I think the biggest thing this year visually is the faces and the skin tones and the way the lighting will correctly reflect... no more ghost like pasting so now it will look more as if they are outside in an environment rather than being slightly askew from the environment like last year

# 14 @legendm0de @ 02/26/17 03:20 PM
I can't wait to see this all year long, one year closer to in-game replays on the jumbotrons now, even if that won't happen until 2030 realistically.

# 15 kehlis @ 02/26/17 03:34 PM
Quote:
Not permission, any company would take free advertising. Those spots are paid advertisements.

I don't know how aggressive they are pursuing advertising but I'm also not sure what the market is for advertising within a game is. It always seemed strange to me that State Farm would advertise in a baseball video game but it looked good to me.

As previously mentioned though, I miss the fake advertisements they used to have.

# 16 jw9036 @ 02/26/17 04:35 PM
The stadium advertising of KONAMI baseball game is excellent!!

# 17 Syce @ 02/26/17 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Not permission, any company would take free advertising. Those spots are paid advertisements.

I don't know how aggressive they are pursuing advertising but I'm also not sure what the market is for advertising within a game is. It always seemed strange to me that State Farm would advertise in a baseball video game but it looked good to me.

As previously mentioned though, I miss the fake advertisements they used to have.
it doesn't matter, they must get permission. or that company can simply sue SCEA, EVEN if it is advertising for said company. it is either they approach the company for permission or those companies approach SCEA to see if they can implement it into their game, however it is still the same thing. permission.

it is the exactly same thing with brand named gear. the devs had to get permission to implement those items into the game.

# 18 breakfastcat @ 02/26/17 04:48 PM
But if they're getting the license for the equipment, why wouldn't they be able to get one for stadium ads? Can't imagine it would be too hard, why wouldn't a brand want to be advertised in a videogame stadium if their equipment and logo is already in the game? Seeing Nike and Adidas ads around the stadium would make them look so much better than sticking with the same 5 ads they've had repeated ad nauseum throughout the parks for years.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app

# 19 kehlis @ 02/26/17 04:51 PM
Quote:
it doesn't matter, they must get permission. or that company can simply sue SCEA, EVEN if it is advertising for said company. it is either they approach the company for permission or those companies approach SCEA to see if they can implement it into their game, however it is still the same thing. permission.

it is the exactly same thing with brand named gear. the devs had to get permission to implement those items into the game.
I know, am well aware of that. You completely missed my point.

I'm saying if they were to go to Pepsi and ask if they could put up Pepsi signs Pepsi isn't going to say no.

Those spots are spots that are paid for by the advertising company, not free ads with permission.

# 20 Syce @ 02/26/17 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakfastcat
But if they're getting the license for the equipment, why wouldn't they be able to get one for stadium ads? Can't imagine it would be too hard, why wouldn't a brand want to be advertised in a videogame stadium if their equipment and logo is already in the game? Seeing Nike and Adidas ads around the stadium would make them look so much better than sticking with the same 5 ads they've had repeated ad nauseum throughout the parks for years.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
i dont know how it all works, and you are correct, it probably wouldn't be too bad for them to ask adidas/etc if they can place adverts around as well(but only the devs can tell us how this would work). But with that said, getting a licence MAY cost money as well, and may be extra money to place ads into the game. who knows.

anyways, they could do what NBA2k does and place different dynamic ads around as 1 way of doing it as well. like when there is a sale in 2k for example they would have advertisements placed in spots where ads would normally be in RL.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.