Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

The MLB The Show 17 Twitch stream has started, as they go over the presentation and commentary in the game and much more. We will update this post with the archive link when it's over. Feel free to post your thoughts!

We will update this post w/ an archive link when it's over. Post your thoughts!

UPDATE: Here is the link to the archive.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 HozAndMoose @ 03/02/17 05:48 PM
The shot of Joe Maddon looked so damn good.

# 2 Shakedowncapo @ 03/02/17 05:49 PM
Harold sounds very natural in the booth. If Plesac ever talked, I could hopefully say the same about him.

# 3 The Kid 24 @ 03/02/17 05:50 PM
It pains me to see that Nats jersey on the crowd is the correct red color... But not on the actual players.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Operation Sports mobile app

# 4 bcruise @ 03/02/17 05:52 PM
Love the confidence that these guys can just set the game to CPU vs CPU live on stream and just let the game breathe. We even got treated to a nice ShowTrack on the very first batter of the game (which they didn't plan, the game's had a normal flow all throughout).

Kirby's saying the same thing about Showtrack only on the MLB Network theme that was shown in the Gamestop video. That's kinda disappointing, but at least theme selection is an option. Still wondering what was up with the Heyward Showtrack on the first reveal trailer though.

Individual matchups are in the game this year, referenced both by the TV graphics and by the commentators.

# 5 BlacknBlue @ 03/02/17 06:00 PM
Commentary sounds good. Uniforms still look washed out.

Were the sounds delayed for the rest of you? Like the balls being hit and caught were like a full second behind the actions on the screen.

# 6 bcruise @ 03/02/17 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
Commentary sounds good. Uniforms still look washed out.

Were the sounds delayed for the rest of you? Like the balls being hit and caught were like a full second behind the actions on the screen.
Stream delay. Doubt that had anything to do with the game, just tech difficulties.

# 7 ninertravel @ 03/02/17 06:03 PM
Sounds more flowing then previous games

I have not seen the tracer at the bottom of the screen with stats yet is that no longer their?

Good to see the stats come up not just for a players first at bat now. hated that last year

# 8 videobastard @ 03/02/17 06:03 PM
It doesn't sound like matt re recorded commentary to sound more like a team in the booth together. Reynolds sounds the best out of the 3. The 3rd guy sounds too robotic with the reading off the script feel. I wish they could have sounded similar to the 2k style presentation.

# 9 jeffy777 @ 03/02/17 06:06 PM
Presentation and commentary are both great.

Ball definitely warping out of Ross' hand. Hopefully that's tightened up. Something that's always been in the game for certain pitchers, unfortunately.

# 10 jvalverde88 @ 03/02/17 06:12 PM
So no one is going to mention Plesac calling MLB 17 2K17 when he called in?

# 11 BlacknBlue @ 03/02/17 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Stream delay. Doubt that had anything to do with the game, just tech difficulties.
Thought that at first, too. But all the other sounds, including commentary, is spot on.

The ball sounds are so delayed I often have trouble knowing if the batter fouled the ball off or missed it completely.

# 12 thaSLAB @ 03/02/17 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninertravel
Sounds more flowing then previous games

I have not seen the tracer at the bottom of the screen with stats yet is that no longer their?

Good to see the stats come up not just for a players first at bat now. hated that last year
It's behind the twitch stream banner.

# 13 bcruise @ 03/02/17 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlacknBlue
Thought that at first, too. But all the other sounds, including commentary, is spot on.

The ball sounds are so delayed I often have trouble knowing if the batter fouled the ball off or missed it completely.
Nah, everything's behind. Matt's calls are behind the play. His PBP calls don't happen until after the bat sound, which means they're even more delayed.

# 14 Blzer @ 03/02/17 06:18 PM
Dan and Harold aren't talking much.

Regarding the syncing, the whole game is behind, but the developers are synced up properly. Has something to do with the game, not Twitch.

# 15 jeffy777 @ 03/02/17 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvalverde88
So no one is going to mention Plesac calling MLB 17 2K17 when he called in?
That was hillarious!

# 16 bcruise @ 03/02/17 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Dan and Harold aren't talking much.

Regarding the syncing, the whole game is behind, but the developers are synced up properly. Has something to do with the game, not Twitch.
Things happen in capturing a source sometimes that delay the source audio, but keep the camera source normal.

It's not Twitch, but it's not the game either. It's the stream setup.

# 17 Impetuous65 @ 03/02/17 06:24 PM
These dudes said they would be quiet so we can hear, and all they did was talk over the commentary and they X's through stuff and to top it off, they had it on "hybrid" so we didn't really get nothing.

# 18 Factzzz @ 03/02/17 06:27 PM
Damn, i was hoping Bryce Harper would look a lot better with the rest of the face updates they've shown, especially his beard, but it looked more or less the same as last year which was bad.

And his batting stance was bad too, bat not resting on his shoulders, and he has a toe tap, hardly looks like his stance at all.

# 19 videobastard @ 03/02/17 06:28 PM
It would be cool if at points in the game it showed the booth with commentary players models conversing with each other.

# 20 Spokker @ 03/02/17 06:32 PM
I didn't know much about Harold Reynolds before this but I like what I hear from him. He's a funny dude.

« Previous1234567891819Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.