Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

Polygon has posted some more MLB The Show 17 Road to the Show details. Give it a read and post your thoughts!

Quote:
Another way in which Sony San Diego will set itself apart is by delivering additional cutscenes, scenarios and dialogue after the launch of MLB 17. Russell said the studio is still working on the details, such as how much new content it will release and when it will deliver those updates, but said “it’s definitely on our roadmap.” Although Russell didn’t give any hints as to the nature of this post-launch content, you could conceive of a situation in which, a few seasons into your MLB career, you’re given the option to take a pay cut or be released from your team.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 ZoltanZ @ 03/17/17 06:26 AM
I love how some people see updates and additional content being added as an "incomplete" game. I think its awesome that they are going to keep supporting RTTS after launch and see it as a way to keep it fresh.

If you play a fielder there are gonna be things your not going to see that are pitcher specific and vise-versa. I don't see the arguement for missing content due to updates. I usually start an infielder and pitcher just so I got some different game play.

My only concern is if I get forced to move positions. I am not a fan of playing the outfield and i usually start a speedy contact infielder. I don't know if I would be real happy about being moved to the outfield. If thats the case, I will just stand firm on my current position and get benched if I have to. I guess we will see on the 28th. Really psyched for this years installment!

# 22 Dolenz @ 03/21/17 03:42 PM
Let's hope one of the improvements is better retirement logic.

In my current RTTS game Matt Carpenter retired in 2019 at the age of 34 and the reason was "Age". He was still a productive player in 2019, appearing in the top 20 in several offensive categories.

# 23 Caulfield @ 03/21/17 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
Let's hope one of the improvements is better retirement logic.

In my current RTTS game Matt Carpenter retired in 2019 at the age of 34 and the reason was "Age". He was still a productive player in 2019, appearing in the top 20 in several offensive categories.
Retirement will always be tricky until we have control over who is allowed to retire.
In 16 most every time Big Papi retired, which SDS got right. But Ichiro also almost always retired, which is wrong. We also need to be able to force retirement, esp. in cases of unfortunate incidents of J. Fernandez and Y. Ventura.

# 24 Dolenz @ 03/22/17 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
Retirement will always be tricky until we have control over who is allowed to retire.
In 16 most every time Big Papi retired, which SDS got right. But Ichiro also almost always retired, which is wrong. We also need to be able to force retirement, esp. in cases of unfortunate incidents of J. Fernandez and Y. Ventura.

I agree that it is tricky and there will always be fluctuations and it is impossible to predict when a player will retire. But, does any player retire at 34 after a year where they were a starter and still in several of the offensive leaderboards? I wish I could go back and check his actual stats for the 2019 season.

# 25 Trackball @ 03/22/17 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
I agree that it is tricky and there will always be fluctuations and it is impossible to predict when a player will retire. But, does any player retire at 34 after a year where they were a starter and still in several of the offensive leaderboards? I wish I could go back and check his actual stats for the 2019 season.
Sandy Koufax did, but obviously that was a long time ago. And he was only 30.

I wonder how long he'd been hiding that premature arthritis?

Not to mention Kirby Puckett, who just woke up one day without sight in one eye, and eventually lost the eye. I hear this was due to him getting beaned in an extremely unlucky place, which may have also contributed to his untimely death...

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.