Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

GameSpot has posted a new MLB The Show 17 video featuring a full game between the Toronto Blue Jays and New York Yankees.

Post your thoughts!

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 jada855 @ 03/15/17 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgbleu1986
Game looks really good but disappointed in the lack of improvement on the franchise mode. Still on the fence of buying it.
Yeah I guess its all a iteration process but I personally dont plan on continuing to wait each year anymore until like 2020 for a better iteration! It's like NBA 2k if selectable body types dont show up in 2K18 then that ship has sailed and I would have lost interest by the time they do show up in 20xx.

As for those 1,500 new gameplay animations. One would think that the base runners and defensive players stance would have received some of these new animations.

Based on video all base runners still lead off and return to each base the same for the past 4yrs yikes!

Just imagine if some returned casually and some lead off different it would make those on base situations look and feel way more dynamic as opposed to looking scripted and guy A looks just like guy B regardless of body type or face scan improvments.

The NBA 2k off ball movement changed everything once this was implemented. It gave the indication that my CPU teammates are not just running to spots on the floor they are moving in context.

Fielder set postion animations before ball is put into play are still the same. Last year if you played SS the fielder would constantly twitch his hand before getting into the same crouch stance! No idea what that was.

I do feel for the single developer on Franchise/DD but I think thats a upper management issue but then again I dont work there. But I do know once you get burnt out you get burnt out for being in that type of position and in the end no X amount of $$ or perks can get that time spent back!

# 62 bodhiball @ 03/15/17 11:24 AM
game still lacks drama and emotion. Which is weird, because its being advertised this year specifically...and they actually HAVE some of that emotion animation in the game, but you dont really get to see it.

Sanchez hit that bomb, and in the Show Track replay you could see the bat flip, but why not show that animation up close, focus in on it and the emotion of him crushing that ball?

Gregorious singles to lead off the bottom of the 9th down two runs, and....nothing. He just dusts his pants off.

I know its not a playoff game, but even regular season games have emotion in them.

These guys have spent so much time mo capping and putting these animations in, but you hardly see them.

Game looks great again, keeps improving every year, but to me the excitement, drama and emotion in this series has been so dry for so long. It really needs a boost. It feels like robot versions of your favorite players coming to the plate, hitting, going back to the dugout, repeat.

# 63 ShowTyme15 @ 03/15/17 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker2020
Looked like Gardner was using a Mizuno bat unless I'm mistaken. I didn't go back and look which I will do now to confirm. Also Bautista wears Marucci batting gloves (not sure if that's what you meant) but I don't believe those are in either.

I already knew about Mizuno bats. I was referring to the Mizuno Batting gloves. Yes, I meant Marucci batting gloves for Bautista.

# 64 enyc718 @ 03/15/17 12:10 PM
The game looked so smooth and natural.

# 65 jada855 @ 03/15/17 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhiball
game still lacks drama and emotion. Which is weird, because its being advertised this year specifically...and they actually HAVE some of that emotion animation in the game, but you dont really get to see it.

Sanchez hit that bomb, and in the Show Track replay you could see the bat flip, but why not show that animation up close, focus in on it and the emotion of him crushing that ball?

Gregorious singles to lead off the bottom of the 9th down two runs, and....nothing. He just dusts his pants off.

I know its not a playoff game, but even regular season games have emotion in them.

These guys have spent so much time mo capping and putting these animations in, but you hardly see them.

Game looks great again, keeps improving every year, but to me the excitement, drama and emotion in this series has been so dry for so long. It really needs a boost. It feels like robot versions of your favorite players coming to the plate, hitting, going back to the dugout, repeat.
Yeah this is how I feel about high fives for other in game situations as opposed to only seen when hitting home runs.

I was hoping all those new animations would carry over to at least a high five when a runner crosses the plate. But based on video the holding of the helmet when a runner crosses the plate and passes by the batter in the on deck circle is still there. This has been in the game dreadfully way too long!

# 66 MetsFan16 @ 03/15/17 01:09 PM
Let's not forget that Ramone mentioned they removed all of those long running into the wall animations in the outfield!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 67 tree3five @ 03/15/17 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I hope so, but I haven't seen the Nike Air Huarache at all. Maybe that is because they are trying to show off more new stuff, but going based off of last year it leads me to believe they took some stuff out rather than expanding on brands already in the game. I hope I'm wrong though. Doubt Mizuno batting gloves are in. Joey Bautista wasn't wearing Marruci batting gloves in the video either. Also doesn't look like Adidas batting gloves are in either. Every video/stream we've seen with a player that has Adidas cleats has a generic batting glove. Hopefully they actually show all the equipment tomorrow. Also, every video/stream we've seen the players that wear Nike Huarache has something different on. and I haven't seen the Nike Vapor Elite batting gloves that guys like Adrian Gonzalez and George Springer wear that were in 16. Everyone has the Swingman Pro on.

Man, that will be disappointing if they removed equipment instead of expanding. Maybe it's a memory issue and they have to remove stuff to add new stuff.

# 68 ShowTyme15 @ 03/15/17 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
Man, that will be disappointing if they removed equipment instead of expanding. Maybe it's a memory issue and they have to remove stuff to add new stuff.
I'll hold off full judgement until tomorrow. Hopefully they show all the equipment in the game so we can get confirmation on some stuff.

# 69 Russell_SCEA @ 03/15/17 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
I'll hold off full judgement until tomorrow. Hopefully they show all the equipment in the game so we can get confirmation on some stuff.
We won't be showing all the new equipment on Thursday's stream but once the game is out you can check for yourself.

# 70 kingdevin @ 03/15/17 01:55 PM
The ball physics look great. In the process, the ball speed overall from hits has seemed to slow down a little from previous years (default) and has the glide look which is more to real life. I've been trying to get the ball speed like that for years with sliders in previous editions but its the curvature motion that sets the physics right.

# 71 ShowTyme15 @ 03/15/17 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We won't be showing all the new equipment on Thursday's stream but once the game is out you can check for yourself.
Works for me.

# 72 zman2392 @ 03/15/17 02:17 PM
Quote:
Hey Ramone. Thanks for the constant input and fan interaction on these forums. If possible could you confirm whether this video was taken on a PS4 or PS4 Pro?
Thanks! (And can't wait for 13 days from now)

# 73 Russell_SCEA @ 03/15/17 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zman2392
Hey Ramone. Thanks for the constant input and fan interaction on these forums. If possible could you confirm whether this video was taken on a PS4 or PS4 Pro?
Thanks! (And can't wait for 13 days from now)
We've shown nothing on Pro, every assets has been captured using a PS4.

# 74 tnixen @ 03/15/17 02:32 PM
You know this game is looking good when really the only 2 small complaints I have is the numbers on the backs of some Yankee player jerseys still look to low when you compare to real life. And the second is the chalk lines are not disappearing as the game progresses. Both of these small issues can probably be fixed for 18. Big thumbs up to the MLB The Show development team you guys are doing an amazing job! [emoji1]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Operation Sports mobile app

# 75 BlacknBlue @ 03/15/17 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker2020
Looked like Gardner was using a Mizuno bat unless I'm mistaken. I didn't go back and look which I will do now to confirm. Also Bautista wears Marucci batting gloves (not sure if that's what you meant) but I don't believe those are in either.

Helmets look so naked without the front number on the brims. Wonder what happened to them that neither team had helmet numbers? Hope it isn't a league wide issue or a bug, or that it can be patched somehow.

# 76 zman2392 @ 03/15/17 02:40 PM
Quote:
We've shown nothing on Pro, every assets has been captured using a PS4.
Wow. Fantastic. Thank you so much! Can't wait!

# 77 Armor and Sword @ 03/15/17 02:55 PM
Ramone maybe you can chime in and answer this quick question on the new career stats Hitter vs Pitcher career stats OSD.

I saw Bautista vs Tanaka OSD pop up in his first AB vs Tanaka in this video. So The question is, in franchise mode will that update as we play against Tanaka or whatever pitchers/hitters etc as we progress through the season and beyond?

# 78 zman2392 @ 03/15/17 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Ramone maybe you can chime in and answer this quick question on the new career stats Hitter vs Pitcher career stats OSD.

I saw Bautista vs Tanaka OSD pop up in his first AB vs Tanaka in this video. So The question is, in franchise mode will that update as we play against Tanaka or whatever pitchers/hitters etc as we progress through the season and beyond?
They said in the franchise stream that it will.

# 79 Speedy @ 03/15/17 03:03 PM
I think it's time for a 1v1:

Ramone vs. Mill.

OS exclusive, full gameplay...whole 9-innings.

Set the time well ahead and I'll definitely watch that Twitch stream.

# 80 @legendm0de @ 03/15/17 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
I'm with you. Don't know why they always play on fast play or hybrid and mashing the X button ( same during the Thursdays twitch). They have a beautiful game , let us enjoy it in all his beauty ;-)
I just hope the broadcast option did see improvement, But that's only wishful thinking. It's been a priority to emphasize how quickly you can x through all break in play scenarios.. (for going on 5 years now) No other franchise embraces this philosophy but this one has been embracing it, and to the extreme.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.