Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

The graphical improvement Twitch stream has started for MLB The Show 17. Once the stream has finished, we will post an archive link.

Watch it here and post your thoughts!!

UPDATE: Here is the archive.

The Road to the Show and Developer tournament streams will be posted when they start, later today.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 PhlliesPhan6 @ 03/17/17 08:34 AM
I didn't get a chance to watch the full stream. Did they touch on how created players from 16 would carry over to 17 with the new enhancements to CAP?

# 102 PhlliesPhan6 @ 03/17/17 09:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Nick said the change should be minimal if at all. We'll see though.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Operation Sports mobile app
Thank you fellow Phillies fan. As long as they don't look anything like the pictures in post #5.

# 103 TGov @ 03/17/17 09:41 AM
Hopefully with all the new hair, body types, faces, etc. CAP mangers and coaches will look a lot more diverse.

Sent from my 831C using Operation Sports mobile app

# 104 HustlinOwl @ 03/17/17 11:24 AM
did they mention anything about crowd models, still appear to be when first released PS3 builds and look odd compared to player models

# 105 The Kid 24 @ 03/17/17 11:54 AM
Did they show off any new equipment? From watching the Dev tourney, looks like Nike catchers equipment, Adidas & Mizuno batting gloves didn't make it in.

# 106 Blzer @ 03/17/17 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
did they mention anything about crowd models, still appear to be when first released PS3 builds and look odd compared to player models
I think lighting is hitting the crowds much better than in the past, but I don't think the models have changed any.

I hope there is a larger variance of crowd people and animations, though.

# 107 JHedges2 @ 03/17/17 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
looks like Nike catchers equipment, Adidas & Mizuno batting gloves didn't make it in.
From the limited information I've seen, I believe this to be accurate

# 108 NAFBUC @ 03/17/17 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric7064
For years they never showed the Cubs once, so its overdue. They just go with the hot teams of the year. Not a big deal to me. But maybe because Im a Cub fan.
Cubbies have earned the extra coverage.

# 109 The Kid 24 @ 03/17/17 01:19 PM
Maybe it was just me, but during the Dev tourney did the Pirates black uniform still look washed out to anyone else?

# 110 Turbojugend @ 03/17/17 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
Generally speaking, crowd models are always a generation or so behind player models, dating back to the PS1 era when you had your first polygonal player builds and the crowd was still sprites or worse, blocky squares. You really can't compare crowd models to player models.

# 111 The JareBear @ 03/17/17 01:32 PM
Yeah. Until consoles get much beefier CPU and RAM there will probably always be big difference between players and crowd

# 112 Review @ 03/17/17 01:38 PM
Wonder why they couldn't show Bryant's face.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

# 113 sva91 @ 03/17/17 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Review

Probably has to do with competing endorsement deals. If they were to key in on a player, who say for example is the face of RBI Baseball, it can be seen as using his image to promote The Show. This is just a guess, or it could be their face scans turned out not so great, but I doubt that's the reason.

# 114 zippy2212 @ 03/17/17 01:48 PM
Hopefully he is getting patched or something. What's up with his hat? He looked better last year I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Operation Sports mobile app

# 115 The Kid 24 @ 03/17/17 01:53 PM
Quote:

You could see his player model when they went over his name.

# 116 ShaiLeGran @ 03/17/17 03:07 PM
Sorry guys, just read the first message in the thread *shame*

# 117 Review @ 03/17/17 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Probably has to do with competing endorsement deals. If they were to key in on a player, who say for example is the face of RBI Baseball, it can be seen as using his image to promote The Show. This is just a guess, or it could be their face scans turned out not so great, but I doubt that's the reason.

Right. Crazy how the two reigning MVPs in their respective leagues might not have proper face scans. The equivalent would be Lebron and Curry not having good scans. It is what it is I guess.

# 118 Chris_SCEA_Sports @ 03/17/17 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think lighting is hitting the crowds much better than in the past, but I don't think the models have changed any.

I hope there is a larger variance of crowd people and animations, though.
Sorry, not this year...regarding crowd animations. It is certainly on the list for next year, but this year was focused on "on the field" animations, of which you should see a ton of new ones.

# 119 Russell_SCEA @ 03/17/17 03:41 PM
Quote:
Right. Crazy how the two reigning MVPs in their respective leagues might not have proper face scans. The equivalent would be Lebron and Curry not having good scans. It is what it is I guess.

Has nothing to do with that.

# 120 breakfastcat @ 03/17/17 03:54 PM
Quote:
It's not that they wont have good scans, it's that they can't use those players to promote their game since they are contracted by other companies to represent other products. I'd be very surprised if Trout and Bryant didn't have good face scans in The Show 17.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.