Home
NBA 2K17 News Post

According to LD2K, another NBA 2K17 gameplay patch is coming soon and they are looking for community feedback. Mike Wang has created a poll on Twitter on steal success frequency. Make sure to vote.

Quote:
Producers looking at tons of COMMUNITY feedback for GAMEPLAY right now. They're analyzing it all for an upcoming patch. More info soon.

What would you like to see patched?

Game: NBA 2K17Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 14 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 NoLeafClover @ 03/31/17 09:25 PM
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=905245

But seriously, great stuff if they do put out a patch, just hope their "COMMUNITY" feedback isn't based off morons on Twitter spamming "bruh need more greenz and take more anklez would be lit fam bruh p.s bruh" type crap.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app

# 2 Roxy2300 @ 03/31/17 09:49 PM
They need to fix the moving screens still and the speed boosting I think and some defensive things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 3 Caelumfang @ 03/31/17 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLeafClover
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=905245

But seriously, great stuff if they do put out a patch, just hope their "COMMUNITY" feedback isn't based off morons on Twitter spamming "bruh need more greenz and take more anklez would be lit fam bruh p.s bruh" type crap.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Operation Sports mobile app
The twitter folks aren't what you need to worry about. I'm worried about him taking TOO much feedback from HERE. Which basically reads "omg nerf everything."

# 4 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 03/31/17 10:08 PM
Brick Wall could be toned down.
Would love for defense to be patched. Less sliding, more responsiveness etc...

# 5 Maxflier @ 03/31/17 10:23 PM
Paul George screen.

# 6 FixEverything2k @ 03/31/17 10:24 PM
I want them to watch atleast 10 basketball games. Then play 2k immediately after. Then they should have a better idea of what to patch and how far to patch what.

# 7 ch46647 @ 03/31/17 10:37 PM
Double teams...

# 8 rossi45 @ 04/01/17 01:50 AM
hey guys, played around 400 pro am ( 200 team / 200 wo ) and about 2600 park games with about 2100-500 stats.
Have a Playmaker, Sharpshooter who is my main player, Post Scorer, Slasher, SC and a LDD, so I try to give my input made with these guys in all these modes.

1. Steal Poll on Twitter, and Defense in general: Yes, reduce the steal success! reduce is by a little, when guys are dribbling in front of your face, but tone it down by A LOT when the ball is not on the floor. Tripple threat, Centers posting up without having put the ball down. These positions should keep the ball safe as it is only possible.

Reduce the steals for centers who post a guy up and hes posted up. Keep the steal rate as it is when a second guy is coming for a steal to help

Lockdowns should keep the steal they have, don't put it up.

Also I hear about the passing lane complaint. I get that some passes fly over the heads, but honestly, in my pro am team, we get so many interceptions of the passes, to a point, where every stupid pass of our opponent is a steal. I'd keep it as it is on this point.

2. Dribbling and Ankles I'd say keep it as it is. I liked the dribbling in the first patches a bit more, because of the possible creativity, but it was cheese in combination with ankles getting broken.

Now we are on a point, where ankles get taken by a few moves only.
- Hesitation stepback,- Momentum Cross / behind the back ( normal4 / elite 6 ) combo, - or just the regular cross direction change.

I honestly don't like this. It makes all dribbles unrealistic, because people know about the limited possible moves that give you the ankle breaker animations, and spam the s*** out of it!

Suggestion Give all moves a possibility to break ankles, if strung together good and right, AND the defender falls for it!

Delete the Hesitation stepback ( Normal 1) and the Momentum cross / behind the back combo ( normal 4 / elite 6). The stepback is a move, that people use for years now, it hurts the game. Thats it. It just isn't necessary. For a stepback you have the hop with Square button, but people don't use it, well knowing that the hesi stepback will lead to a much cheesier action.
Also fix this Momentum cross / btb combo. I mean, I used it from time to time, it is like a disease spreading all over from youtube to our parks .

Also give the explosivness of a rhytm dribble a little hit, so that there is a bit of a reason to use the other moves more often. The rhytm in combination with the explosiveness out of it makes it a bit to easy to blend out the other moves and just have a portfolio of 1. rhytm 2. hesitation normal 1 3. momentum cross + behind the back 4. hop jumper normal 2.

Give us a reason to really chain moves and please give us a reason NOT TO USE these cheesy moves.

With these changes the game should all of a sudden feel like a good, solid basketball where you have to watch the fundamentals and still are able to break defenders with crafty moves.

3. Shooting My pro am team ( we got a pretty record 70-2 on this and 78-15 on our last team) we shoot completly lights out having over 70% from overall and 3point line. Our ldd has a .714 3pt%, his record is 9 out of 10 in a game. I play SS and shoot .711%, our GC has .688.
It is just way too high. We are at a point, where we just dont miss open shots. No more tactical abusing of matchups who should not be able to shoot 3s on a good%.

The shooting is too easy.

Suggestion Tone down shooting for archetypes under 70 3-pt Rating by a BIG MARGIN, so that we really start to feel it. I can shoot over 70% from 3 with EVERY archetype. From my pov it would be good to reduce the succes of these archetypes on the three ball by atleast the half! yes the half!

Tone down the shooting for the archetypes with 70 rating by a bit.

And finally, I come to "my archetype" the Sharpshooter.
I'm able to green from nearly everywhere. In pro am I space the floor so hard, by shooting beyond the hashmarks on a regular basis, it just looks wild and weird.
Keep the ability to shoot from the lines, keep it as it is from one-two steps behind it.
But reduce my ability to shoot those bombs from way behind and greening them as if its nothing.

BUT PLEASE, if you change the shooting on sharpshooters, you HAVE TO fix it on the others also to maintain the balance.

After these shooting changes, the % would go down drastically for all players from the 3pt line, and when you got a good, realistic percentage from there,
the contested shots should be softened up a bit to get these "deadeye badges" to work better. But this is only possible, if we get a hit on open shots.

4. little things about gameplay

- Reduce the speed boost of players out of the post stance on the 3pt line by a little

- Reduce the force field while switching on defense. ( the arrow thing, which is still a thing if you turn the arrow off )

-Reduce the dragging to the corner to zero, because this is the reason a lot of passes in the corner get called out of bounds or force a bad catching animation.

- decrease the effectiveness of brick wall HOF to about gold level, but soften up the one step screen adjustment while holding the screen, to not get the foul called so often. But only do this, if brick wall stops knocking people down regularly.

- give us the ability to reset the height/weight/wingspan and attribute points once per player for the cost of about 100k vc.
This will make sure, that 2k still got their vc income, even more I guess. But it would also kill the frustration from the guys, who just don't have enough time to grind again and did something wrong with their guy.

These first 3 issues are the biggest from my pov in online play this year.
The little things are, well, the little things. ( everyone likes the little things in life!)

I hope you like my suggestions, feel free to discuss and also feel free to tell me if you completely disagree at some points, because this is my honest opinion on things that need to be done, and if some of you feel like I'm totally wrong I'd like to know where our opinions differ. I'm a big NBA and NBA2k fan, I honestly would love to see this game be made a little better towards sim!

Cheers to anyone who made it through this text

# 9 NYCDaFuture @ 04/01/17 02:27 AM
If someone is reading this... For PLAY NOW ONLINE. LEADERBOARDS DO NOT UPDATE FOR WEEKLY OR MONTHLY On Both Systems since the game came OUT. When will they patch something simple as that??? Come on now smh

# 10 nobody17929 @ 04/01/17 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rossi45
hey guys, played around 400 pro am ( 200 team / 200 wo ) and about 2600 park games with about 2100-500 stats.
Have a Playmaker, Sharpshooter who is my main player, Post Scorer, Slasher, SC and a LDD, so I try to give my input made with these guys in all these modes.

1. Steal Poll on Twitter, and Defense in general: Yes, reduce the steal success! reduce is by a little, when guys are dribbling in front of your face, but tone it down by A LOT when the ball is not on the floor. Tripple threat, Centers posting up without having put the ball down. These positions should keep the ball safe as it is only possible.

Reduce the steals for centers who post a guy up and hes posted up. Keep the steal rate as it is when a second guy is coming for a steal to help

Lockdowns should keep the steal they have, don't put it up.

Also I hear about the passing lane complaint. I get that some passes fly over the heads, but honestly, in my pro am team, we get so many interceptions of the passes, to a point, where every stupid pass of our opponent is a steal. I'd keep it as it is on this point.

2. Dribbling and Ankles I'd say keep it as it is. I liked the dribbling in the first patches a bit more, because of the possible creativity, but it was cheese in combination with ankles getting broken.

Now we are on a point, where ankles get taken by a few moves only.
- Hesitation stepback,- Momentum Cross / behind the back ( normal4 / elite 6 ) combo, - or just the regular cross direction change.

I honestly don't like this. It makes all dribbles unrealistic, because people know about the limited possible moves that give you the ankle breaker animations, and spam the s*** out of it!

Suggestion Give all moves a possibility to break ankles, if strung together good and right, AND the defender falls for it!

Delete the Hesitation stepback ( Normal 1) and the Momentum cross / behind the back combo ( normal 4 / elite 6). The stepback is a move, that people use for years now, it hurts the game. Thats it. It just isn't necessary. For a stepback you have the hop with Square button, but people don't use it, well knowing that the hesi stepback will lead to a much cheesier action.
Also fix this Momentum cross / btb combo. I mean, I used it from time to time, it is like a disease spreading all over from youtube to our parks .

Also give the explosivness of a rhytm dribble a little hit, so that there is a bit of a reason to use the other moves more often. The rhytm in combination with the explosiveness out of it makes it a bit to easy to blend out the other moves and just have a portfolio of 1. rhytm 2. hesitation normal 1 3. momentum cross + behind the back 4. hop jumper normal 2.

Give us a reason to really chain moves and please give us a reason NOT TO USE these cheesy moves.

With these changes the game should all of a sudden feel like a good, solid basketball where you have to watch the fundamentals and still are able to break defenders with crafty moves.

3. Shooting My pro am team ( we got a pretty record 70-2 on this and 78-15 on our last team) we shoot completly lights out having over 70% from overall and 3point line. Our ldd has a .714 3pt%, his record is 9 out of 10 in a game. I play SS and shoot .711%, our GC has .688.
It is just way too high. We are at a point, where we just dont miss open shots. No more tactical abusing of matchups who should not be able to shoot 3s on a good%.

The shooting is too easy.

Suggestion Tone down shooting for archetypes under 70 3-pt Rating by a BIG MARGIN, so that we really start to feel it. I can shoot over 70% from 3 with EVERY archetype. From my pov it would be good to reduce the succes of these archetypes on the three ball by atleast the half! yes the half!

Tone down the shooting for the archetypes with 70 rating by a bit.

And finally, I come to "my archetype" the Sharpshooter.
I'm able to green from nearly everywhere. In pro am I space the floor so hard, by shooting beyond the hashmarks on a regular basis, it just looks wild and weird.
Keep the ability to shoot from the lines, keep it as it is from one-two steps behind it.
But reduce my ability to shoot those bombs from way behind and greening them as if its nothing.

BUT PLEASE, if you change the shooting on sharpshooters, you HAVE TO fix it on the others also to maintain the balance.

After these shooting changes, the % would go down drastically for all players from the 3pt line, and when you got a good, realistic percentage from there,
the contested shots should be softened up a bit to get these "deadeye badges" to work better. But this is only possible, if we get a hit on open shots.

4. little things about gameplay

- Reduce the speed boost of players out of the post stance on the 3pt line by a little

- Reduce the force field while switching on defense. ( the arrow thing, which is still a thing if you turn the arrow off [emoji2] )

-Reduce the dragging to the corner to zero, because this is the reason a lot of passes in the corner get called out of bounds or force a bad catching animation.

- decrease the effectiveness of brick wall HOF to about gold level, but soften up the one step screen adjustment while holding the screen, to not get the foul called so often. But only do this, if brick wall stops knocking people down regularly.

- give us the ability to reset the height/weight/wingspan and attribute points once per player for the cost of about 100k vc.
This will make sure, that 2k still got their vc income, even more I guess. But it would also kill the frustration from the guys, who just don't have enough time to grind again and did something wrong with their guy.

These first 3 issues are the biggest from my pov in online play this year.
The little things are, well, the little things. ( everyone likes the little things in life!)

I hope you like my suggestions, feel free to discuss and also feel free to tell me if you completely disagree at some points, because this is my honest opinion on things that need to be done, and if some of you feel like I'm totally wrong I'd like to know where our opinions differ. I'm a big NBA and NBA2k fan, I honestly would love to see this game be made a little better towards sim!

Cheers to anyone who made it through this text
The wingspan thing is so key for me. I made a 6'9 220 lb shot creator to be a mismatch at the 4 in Pro-Am but my wingspan was made short to increase my shooting. This was a terrible mistake because I get out rebounded by SMALLER players like 6'5-6'7 range if both of us are in neutral position for the rebound. I can also never get a steal when in the passing lanes because of this fault. 100 sounds reasonable as it's about 66 percent to upgrade your guy to an 86

# 11 Nwordbelike @ 04/01/17 04:13 AM
peeps still steal the inbound pass on 21 court, please patch it

# 12 JohnTaylor @ 04/01/17 05:43 AM
2k still owes me 40gb of data.

# 13 creweutah @ 04/01/17 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCDaFuture
If someone is reading this... For PLAY NOW ONLINE. LEADERBOARDS DO NOT UPDATE FOR WEEKLY OR MONTHLY On Both Systems since the game came OUT. When will they patch something simple as that??? Come on now smh
THIS IS A GAMEPLAY PATCH. Online guys have had their turn. It is now time for us simballers to get something.

# 14 Jrocc23 @ 04/01/17 06:55 AM
I honestly wish they would just leave the game alone.

Seems something always messes up. Something silly too like the PG screen will come back or the app will start closing on its own.

The game is pretty much what it is. I don't really see what they can change. But I will say this even though it's a long shot. Please give me control of my player and stop having magnetic forces pull me.

# 15 DboyRavage @ 04/01/17 07:12 AM
I would love to be able to play against a rank 1 team with a rank 5 team in PNO. MAKE IT HAPPEN 2K PLEASE!

# 16 Ebpmd @ 04/01/17 07:23 AM
Any chance of getting a ABA Basketball?

# 17 Gosens6 @ 04/01/17 09:54 AM
Offline players sitting here reading what online players are requesting like...

This never turns out good for us..

via GIPHY

# 18 nico_lomo @ 04/01/17 10:09 AM
JUST FIX THE DOUBLE TEAM

# 19 spike83 @ 04/01/17 10:25 AM
Do not use this years All-Star game as an example for any game play fix going forward.

# 20 jada855 @ 04/01/17 01:22 PM
• Updated hairstyles for Julius Randle and Reggie Jackson

• Removing the contested 3 jump shot animation. Happens when you are timing your shooting forum and the shot gets contested it triggers a different animation throwing off your shot.

If possible thanks.

« Previous12345678Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.