Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

MLB The Show 17 patch 1.04 is available now, check out the full list of fixes below and post your thoughts.

NOTE: Server maintenance is still taking place.

UPDATE: Servers are up.

Thanks to HozAndMoose for the image!

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Tomba @ 04/25/17 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba

Very disappointed that
1) the Detroit tigers behind the catcher backdrop is still pinkish tan when it should be dark green
2)sun trust stadiums grass is too neon green and should be more reg green
3)phillies stadium grass is dull last year in mlb16 it was perfect. They ruined it in 17

For the life of me. We've all seen their twitch streams and see how EASY their art director goes into menus fixing and looking at things for them to NOT address these 3 main eyesores is just outright awful

Basically those of us that care about these three teams can't have just the most simplest fixes? I mean they're just a minor adjustment!

Game Is Good. But I can't stomach to play in these stadiums at all and many others I've talked to away from this forum feel the same

I've reported this bug through their forum twice. And all over Twitter

Nothing done about it

There is nothing wrong with SunTrust's grass. Have you seen a game there? It's pretty neon under the lights.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Operation Sports mobile app

# 2 NAFBUC @ 04/25/17 08:05 AM
1.749 GB patch size.

# 3 Aby777 @ 04/25/17 08:07 AM
Quote:
Quote:

Very disappointed that
1) the Detroit tigers behind the catcher backdrop is still pinkish tan when it should be dark green
3)phillies stadium grass is dull last year in mlb16 it was perfect. They ruined it in 17

For the life of me. We've all seen their twitch streams and see how EASY their art director goes into menus fixing and looking at things for them to NOT address these 3 main eyesores is just outright awful

Basically those of us that care about these three teams can't have just the most simplest fixes? I mean they're just a minor adjustment!

Game Is Good. But I can't stomach to play in these stadiums at all and many others I've talked to away from this forum feel the same

Nothing done about it

There is nothing wrong with SunTrust's grass. Have you seen a game there? It's pretty neon under the lights.

# 4 BigOscar @ 04/25/17 08:14 AM
If they have actually fixed all the things they say they have then that's a great patch (and a bit of a worrying insight into how much was wrong with this game to start with).

The computer SP logic is the main one for me, without that being fixed (especially on QC) then I really can't get into my franchise. Having to change sliders mid game, then change them again between games, just to get semi sensible pitching is really not something I want to be having to deal with.

# 5 Margelofskya @ 04/25/17 08:20 AM
Quote:
Quote:

Very disappointed that

Nothing done about it

I have and it depends on broadcast. MLB the show doesn't do this with other stadiums so they shouldn't try to. It looks awful and is a bug nuff said

The Tigers backdrop is a perfect match to last year, the Tigers didn't let them know ahead of time, they just switched it

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 6 kamackeris76 @ 04/25/17 08:25 AM
Seen some fix for catchers but only mentions online. Has there been a fix for wild pitches and it pretty much equalling a stolen base every time?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

# 7 Greencollarbaseball @ 04/25/17 08:30 AM
Quote:
Quote:

Very disappointed that

Nothing done about it

I have and it depends on broadcast. MLB the show doesn't do this with other stadiums so they shouldn't try to. It looks awful and is a bug nuff said

You guys want to complain about grass color. Have you seen the seats behind home plate in Oakland?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 8 major major @ 04/25/17 08:30 AM
it does speak of SP being pulled early as fixed in this patch

# 9 Greencollarbaseball @ 04/25/17 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by major major
is does speak of SP being pulled early as fixed in this patch

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 10 Godgers12 @ 04/25/17 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aby777
Really that's your complain? You kids are so spoiled crybabies your issues are colors ��Wow
My thoughts exactly, but read the whole thing, he made a failed attempt at quoting someone.

# 11 NDAlum @ 04/25/17 08:42 AM
My 3 wants:

1. SP issue : CHECK
2. Catcher issue : CHECK
3. HR issue : CHECK

I can finally play!!!!!!!!!

# 12 Ripner @ 04/25/17 08:42 AM
Got this patch downloading right now. Hoping that issue saying fixed issue with sounds of the show songs not saving correctly means all 1080 (or whatever the exact number) of music slots now work correctly.

Quite happy to see the catcher issue, SP issue and HR issue also being addressed. Been holding off on franchise due to these 4 issues, ready to test it out and see if all is well.

# 13 sirwoodz @ 04/25/17 08:45 AM
lol the problem in my sig is still there. it's been in there since 2015's game and they just flat out don't want to fix it.

# 14 fredhand19 @ 04/25/17 08:48 AM
If I've already started a franchise. Will the gameplay improvements (I.e homerun frequency) be implemented in my current franchise. Or do I have to restart?

My hitting stats are not out of whack because I have been playing on legend so I prefer not to have to restart.

# 15 tyler28 @ 04/25/17 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredhand19
If I've already started a franchise. Will the gameplay improvements (I.e homerun frequency) be implemented in my current franchise. Or do I have to restart?

My hitting stats are not out of whack because I have been playing on legend so I prefer not to have to restart.

You dont have to restart

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app

# 16 dubplate @ 04/25/17 08:51 AM
Quote:
Quote:

Very disappointed that

Nothing done about it

# 17 DeJohn11 @ 04/25/17 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredhand19

99.99% sure you will be fine to continue. It should implement in all game modes regardless of when it was started

# 18 RogueHominid @ 04/25/17 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
My 3 wants:

1. SP issue : CHECK
2. Catcher issue : CHECK
3. HR issue : CHECK

I can finally play!!!!!!!!!
Exactly how I feel.

I'm assuming the SP fix was especially for QC, as my full games didn't show this as an issue, but the patch notes don't specify QC as the main context for this fix.

Has anyone hopped into a QC game yet and seen if you can get guys past the 4th inning on a regular basis? I'm at work all day, but am dying to know!

Gotta say, all in all, that's a speedy major game play patch. No game is perfect, but this game is pretty darn close.

# 19 BobSacamano @ 04/25/17 08:59 AM
It's a little curious that the HR and catcher fixes are under the "Online Gameplay" heading while the SP issue is under "Other". I'm going to hope that this is just a case of the patch notes being a little inexact.

It's possible the patch notes are just a little vague, but I have a sneaking suspicion that the only thing that was fixed for the wild pitch issue was the graphical bug of balls going directly through players, and not that balls in the dirt are very common and basically an auto advance for base runners.

# 20 fredhand19 @ 04/25/17 08:59 AM
Thanks for replies

I am hoping I can drop back to HOF hitting now that homerun frequency is more realistic.

« Previous1234567892930Next »

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.