Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

MLB The Show 17 patch 1.04 is available now, check out the full list of fixes below and post your thoughts.

NOTE: Server maintenance is still taking place.

UPDATE: Servers are up.

Thanks to HozAndMoose for the image!

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 nycyankeefan52 @ 04/25/17 10:49 AM
Just played qc game rochester vs new orleans AAA with OSFM 1.75 roster. SP for Rochester fernando romero leading 4-1 top of 5th with 1 out ,gives up a single, pulled after 4 1/3 1er 6h 3k 1bb 65pitches.Not even eligible for win. unreal how bad this is for this game. I can't start a franchise.Have to play 16 till it's fixed.Very disappointed in sds..

# 62 bryanm1982 @ 04/25/17 10:52 AM
We probably have to wait for MLB 18 to get it fixed. I'd rather have the settings back to MLB 16 and just have them undo what they were "trying to do" with the bullpen.

# 63 beantownbruins @ 04/25/17 11:07 AM
Do new patches apply to already existing franchises?

# 64 Glenn33 @ 04/25/17 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins
Yes. This has always been the case.

# 65 fredhand19 @ 04/25/17 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by beantownbruins

Yes. I asked the same question.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 66 Picci @ 04/25/17 11:19 AM
Thanks for the patch team! Your services are always appreciated.

Now, dear art department. Can we get some love for Mike?

We need HOF Mike Piazza's number 31 retired up in the rafters with the others.

Please

# 67 Noiziv @ 04/25/17 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by detfan
I read it. My point was who cares what people complain about. None of this should've even been an issue, nor would it have if they had released a working product.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

Except for the fact that slightly off colors doesn't make the game a "non-working product."

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 68 Glenn33 @ 04/25/17 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgoi
I don't get it. I played a game last night with my own sliders and the patch hadn't been released yet. Archer threw 117 pitches into the 8th inning of a shutout and was only pulled because his pitch count was so high. All it takes is a little slider adjustment to fix this entire problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Were you using Quick count? That [and simming] is where the issue mainly lies. Slider adjustments have little to no effect when using Quick counts with regards to this issue.

# 69 MrArlingtonBeach @ 04/25/17 11:32 AM
Quote:
Archer threw 117 pitches into the 8th inning of a shutout and was only pulled because his pitch count was so high. All it takes is a little slider adjustment to fix this entire problem.

The problem doesn't seem to occur when a pitcher is throwing a gem...it happens as soon as runs are given up or a few guys get on base. It seems the CPU weighs certain situations too heavily.

I know I referenced my example a few pages back about the Reds' manager pulling their pitcher in a 2-0 game in the top of the 4th. I had only collected 3 hits to that point and struck out a few times as well. The CPU manager seemed to weigh the 2 runs given up and the lead-off double in the top of the 4th too heavily. The Reds pitcher only had 50 some pitches to that point, too.

In contrast, I also had a game where the Cardinals let Wacha keep pitching against me into the 9th, as I was losing 5-0. After he gave up a 2-run homer to Rizzo (and had gone a bit over 100 pitches), the Cards' manager took him out. That was a much more realistic game, with realistic managing.

I never play quick counts, so this issue seems to be happening no matter which way you play.

# 70 Chai2112 @ 04/25/17 11:32 AM
Quote:
I don't get it. I played a game last night with my own sliders and the patch hadn't been released yet. Archer threw 117 pitches into the 8th inning of a shutout and was only pulled because his pitch count was so high. All it takes is a little slider adjustment to fix this entire problem.

And what sliders would those be? I have CPU Starter Stamina all the way up and Manager Hook all the way down, and the CPU keeps pulling starters way too early. This is pre-patch though (haven't tried it yet with the patch).

# 71 Chai2112 @ 04/25/17 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
The problem doesn't seem to occur when a pitcher is throwing a gem...it happens as soon as runs are given up or a few guys get on base. It seems the CPU weighs certain situations too heavily.

I know I referenced my example a few pages back about the Reds' manager pulling their pitcher in a 2-0 game in the top of the 4th. I had only collected 3 hits to that point and struck out a few times as well. The CPU manager seemed to weigh the 2 runs given up and the lead-off double in the top of the 4th too heavily. The Reds pitcher only had 50 some pitches to that point, too.
Not true for me. At least pre-patch (haven't downloaded patch yet), the CPU would pull starters who were throwing gems. I've had games where they pulled a starter who was throwing a no hitter or 1-hitter against me in the 5th inning! This has happened more than once too.

# 72 MrArlingtonBeach @ 04/25/17 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
Not true for me. At least pre-patch (haven't downloaded patch yet), the CPU would pull starters who were throwing gems. I've had games where they pulled a starter who was throwing a no hitter or 1-hitter against me in the 5th inning! This has happened more than once too.
Interesting...I did have the CPU manager hook tuned down to 2, and CPU stamina turned up a few notches as well. Maybe that played a role?

# 73 KnightTemplar @ 04/25/17 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
I'm betting if you look at that box score the CPUs team had scored 0 runs. In my testing it was a common denominator. Had nothing to do with how he was pitching, etc., just the fact that his team had not scored a run thru 5.

# 74 Chai2112 @ 04/25/17 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrArlingtonBeach
Interesting...I did have the CPU manager hook tuned down to 2, and CPU stamina turned up a few notches as well. Maybe that played a role?
I have CPU Stamina at FULL and Manager Hook at ZERO. So clearly the sliders aren't helping much.

# 75 countryboy @ 04/25/17 11:44 AM
So how are the homeruns and passed balls since the patch?

# 76 stealyerface @ 04/25/17 11:46 AM
I am beginning to think guys are kidding on here.

I just finished a test game, and they have not addressed the catcher blocks, or the ball miraculously passing through the glove.. at least in the off-line games.

The catcher still does not have any urgency, and there is still no user input to dictate how hard the catcher throws to the base the runner is advancing to. I walked guys on purpose, threw balls in the dirt, walked guys with 20 speed, and the issue is still in need of attention.

That being said... I seriously think that people are busting chops here on the patch issue.

We have light-hitting second basemen hitting 455 foot opposite field bombs, we have catchers that have gloves that apparently have no collision detection for the balls thrown into them, and we have runners that take bases at will when a ball bounces two feet from the batter's box.

But the priority for the developers in the "all I care about" department, is to make sure that the grass color in a night game isn't "too green" and that batters have matte helmets instead of shiny, reflective ones?

Seriously? Matte colored helmets take priority over balls that pass through gloves with no regard to physics or mass?

I'll assume folks are joking about this.
~syf

# 77 Chai2112 @ 04/25/17 11:48 AM
Quote:
My sliders are posted in the sliders forum. Look for Padgoi's Legend sliders. I haven't seen this starters being pulled issue at all.

It should be noted that I don't use quick counts. I play the entire game.
Interesting. I only use QC, so perhaps that's the main issue, as others have been surmising.

# 78 MrArlingtonBeach @ 04/25/17 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightTemplar
I'm betting if you look at that box score the CPUs team had scored 0 runs. In my testing it was a common denominator. Had nothing to do with how he was pitching, etc., just the fact that his team had not scored a run thru 5.
Hmmm...To me, it seems like the CPU skipper is looking at a no-run situation as though his pitcher doesn't have a lead, so a change needs to be made - even if his guy is dealing. The manager logic definitely seems to be off.

# 79 BigOscar @ 04/25/17 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
So how are the homeruns and passed balls since the patch?
Hard to say as obviously it's not a one game or two issue that you can see quickly. It might just be in my head, but it feels like all hits seem less powerful and feel more like slightly broken bat hits? Probably in my head, but the ball doesn't seem to be being hit as hard in my few games.

As for passed balls, I've still seen a handful, but there should be some when I pitch low and a bit wild, so it will take more games to really decide if it's any better

# 80 tessl @ 04/25/17 11:54 AM
The only change to offline gameplay is opposite field home runs?

Like wow man.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.