Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

MLB The Show 17 patch 1.04 is available now, check out the full list of fixes below and post your thoughts.

NOTE: Server maintenance is still taking place.

UPDATE: Servers are up.

Thanks to HozAndMoose for the image!

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 BigOscar @ 04/25/17 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17
Is it just me or does the sound of the ball of the bat sound off? Everything sounds like the bat is breaking whenever a pitch is hit, it's kinda off putting.

In the patch notes it says about adjustments made to "overall sound effects" but the sound of the ball of the bat isn't something that needed fixing IMO

Sent from my SM-G920F using Operation Sports mobile app
Thank you! I thought this was in my head. Everything sounds like a broken bat and you no longer seem to get that sweet spot feel when you nail it, every hit seems to feel like it's jammed you (and react a bit like it)

# 102 parky_17 @ 04/25/17 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Thank you! I thought this was in my head. Everything sounds like a broken bat and you no longer seem to get that sweet spot feel when you nail it, every hit seems to feel like it's jammed you (and react a bit like it)
I just had Chris Davis hit a bomb off me and it sounded like the bat had split, not good

# 103 BillPeener @ 04/25/17 01:00 PM
Regarding bat sounds, I recall disliking the sound the ball makes with the bat when I first popped in '17. It sounded very weak compared to '16.

Are you saying there's a new ball-bat sound problem, or is it just as weak as before?

# 104 parky_17 @ 04/25/17 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPeener
Regarding bat sounds, I recall disliking the sound the ball makes with the bat when I first popped in '17. It sounded very weak compared to '16.

Are you saying there's a new ball-bat sound problem, or is it just as weak as before?
It's definitely changed since the patch, for the worse, after I heard it I went back and watched a clip from before the patch and that sounded much better than it is now

# 105 JayD @ 04/25/17 01:05 PM
Has anyone seen if changing setting mid game throws off the graphics still?

# 106 Caulfield @ 04/25/17 01:07 PM
what was the issue with the warning track at wagonman park? isnt that fictional anyways?

# 107 thekidisback @ 04/25/17 01:11 PM
Did they fix the Chipper Jones mission?

# 108 HypoLuxa13 @ 04/25/17 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chai2112
As a fellow 34-year-old with the same memories, I'll echo this sentiment. This dev team is the best, as has been since MLB 06 The Show.
Remembering flaws of the past that would be considered "game breaking" today:

All Star Baseball 2001 (or maybe 2000?) on N64 - line up the batting cursor in the right spot and it was a guaranteed home run almost every time.

MVP Baseball 04 - some ball trajectory calculation errors for Left handed hitters, could only hit a home run if it was a line drive down the line

# 109 videobastard @ 04/25/17 01:15 PM
The only difference I have noticed so far is the weird bat sound.

# 110 Councilmann_Jamm @ 04/25/17 01:16 PM
I think the issue with catcher blocking resulting in easy stolen bases is the biggest issue to date.

You can use sliders to affect power. However their is nothing we can do about catchers and wild pitches.

After 2 years off from the game I was eagerly excited to play this game but I just can't right now. I believe they will fix this issue soon, maybe on next patch but I've got time to wait as OSFM Hybrid hasn't dropped yet.

# 111 BZito75 @ 04/25/17 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HypoLuxa13
Remembering flaws of the past that would be considered "game breaking" today:

All Star Baseball 2001 (or maybe 2000?) on N64 - line up the batting cursor in the right spot and it was a guaranteed home run almost every time.

MVP Baseball 04 - some ball trajectory calculation errors for Left handed hitters, could only hit a home run if it was a line drive down the line
wow i remember both of those lol... fact of the matter is we dealt with them... we didnt have the option for a patch so the fact that we even have that option now is incredible. unless the game crashes and its completely unplayable? ill live with a pitcher only going 6 innings in QC games... ill just stick to full games for now

# 112 sooner1 @ 04/25/17 01:19 PM
Bat sound is sooooo bad, really with online play this year. Now ruined the sound of the bat??? Who is running these guys now? Totally unacceptable to put out a patch with broken bat sound on all contact. Ruins game, fix ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

# 113 Rubio809 @ 04/25/17 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by parky_17
It's definitely changed since the patch, for the worse, after I heard it I went back and watched a clip from before the patch and that sounded much better than it is now

Just another reason to turn on Spotify then.

# 114 forme95 @ 04/25/17 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Councilmann_Jamm
I think the issue with catcher blocking resulting in easy stolen bases is the biggest issue to date.

You can use sliders to affect power. However their is nothing we can do about catchers and wild pitches.

After 2 years off from the game I was eagerly excited to play this game but I just can't right now. I believe they will fix this issue soon, maybe on next patch but I've got time to wait as OSFM Hybrid hasn't dropped yet.

Another option is to raise consistency.

# 115 The Chef @ 04/25/17 01:25 PM
To add to my prior post I had the most pop outs I've had to date on this years game. I went into game recap to verify and sure enough I had 10 pop outs, I'd be surprised if I had that many total in the first 12 games I've played prior to the patch.

There is definitely a difference in the way the ball reacts when hit and as others have mentioned the sound of the ball being hit has gotten extremely weak all of a sudden.

It's very strange, I don't know what to think but it's very weird how everything seems weaker and sounds weaker all of a sudden.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

# 116 BigOscar @ 04/25/17 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Just another reason to turn on Spotify then.
I normally run with music on but the in game sounds still there (no commentary) as the sound of the bat used to be really add to the feel of a hit. Now it sounds terrible so I might have to just mute it, which is a huge shame

Really needs fixing ASAP as it is really crappy to have every hit sound like a broken bat bloop

# 117 MLB14 @ 04/25/17 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
It's very strange, I don't know what to think but it's very weird how everything seems weaker and sounds weaker all of a sudden.

Fly balls were sailing too far before patch -> developers lower the max power the bat can exert to alleviate that (which isn't the best way to do it, but I guess they can't do it how they want to at this point) -> bat sound is tied to the max power, so it sounds weak now?

It's a theory.

# 118 taterskin @ 04/25/17 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
To add to my prior post I had the most pop outs I've had to date on this years game. I went into game recap to verify and sure enough I had 10 pop outs, I'd be surprised if I had that many total in the first 12 games I've played prior to the patch.

There is definitely a difference in the way the ball reacts when hit and as others have mentioned the sound of the ball being hit has gotten extremely weak all of a sudden.

I hope the hitting hasn't gone drastically in the other direction. I play RTTS and had zero complaints about the hitting. There were too many HR's by opposing teams and arguably with your RTTS character....but the ball physics were a thing of beauty on line drives, doubles into gap, etc. See this across all games..... A long list is created about what is "wrong" with the game and then a patch drops and it can easily swing things a touch further in the opposite direction. Then the people who were OK with the game become disappointed/unhappy. Guess I'll find out when I get off work in about 3 hours.

# 119 loganmorrison1 @ 04/25/17 01:37 PM
This is concerning, SCEA is usually great with their patches, this sounds like a disaster. My biggest gripe was the passed balls. I was actually playing last night and had 3 in 1 inning, I shut the game off thinking that the patch would fix the issue, but doesn't sound like that's the case

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 120 HabsFanFromOntario @ 04/25/17 01:38 PM
Where do I find Vlad Guerrero Jr?!

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.