Home
The Golf Club 2 News Post

Maximum Games have just announced June 27 as their release date for The Golf Club 2. Fans can pre-order the game for $39.99 to receive the Day One Edition, which includes the following "Aristocrat" bonus in-game content:
  • Moneybags – Save time and get rich quick with an instant payout that will boost your career and give you serious purchasing power
  • Elite Club – Make your competitors jealous and stand out among the crowd with an exclusive 24K solid gold driver
  • Premier Clubhouse – Gain access to an exclusive high society clubhouse for you and your friends
  • Heirloom Apparel – Play in style with a throwback outfit from the golden age of golf
  • Elite Emblem – Add class to your Society logo with a signature badge
Check out the trailer here.

Quote:
Play thousands of pre-built courses or create your own, compete in dynamic tournaments - alone or with a Golf Society - and progress your career by rising the ranks in lush, vibrant settings around the world! Establish your own Society and upgrade your clubhouse, inviting players online to join and compete with your team. The possibilities are endless in the highly anticipated new standard in golf gaming.

For more details on the game, check out the official website.

Game: The Golf Club 2Hype Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 goillini03 @ 06/21/17 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Sorry I can't - just that it runs really well on the PS4 Pro(consistently)

Man, I was doing so well. Preordering now.

# 122 ODogg @ 06/21/17 02:56 PM
I played another round of The Golf Club last night and scored 19 over par! I think I've mastered the first game now and I'm ready for the second, LOL.

/sarcasm off

Really crazy to see all you OS guys being -12 and -15 below par when I can't even come close to making par. I guess practice makes perfect eh? I've just not played that much.

# 123 RIFRIG @ 06/21/17 03:25 PM
Quote:
I received an early review copy - so I'm not sure.
Ok.......TGC2 plus PS4 Pro is running smooth with good frame rate?

# 124 bluengold34_OS @ 06/21/17 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIFRIG
Ok.......TGC2 plus PS4 Pro is running smooth with good frame rate?
Yes - have seen no issues with FPS at all.

# 125 RIFRIG @ 06/21/17 05:48 PM
Quote:
Thank you.........preordered

# 126 brandon27 @ 06/21/17 08:58 PM
Quote:
Does this hold truth with xb1 version too?

# 127 TheBleedingRed21 @ 06/21/17 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Given his early copy is PS4, I doubt he can help you but I could be wrong.

# 128 Bamafan3723 @ 06/21/17 10:08 PM
Quote:
You wouldn't happen to have a regular PS4 to compare to would you?

# 129 bluengold34_OS @ 06/22/17 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon27
Sorry Brother - Only PS4 version

# 130 brandon27 @ 06/22/17 07:29 AM
Quote:
Sorry Brother - Only PS4 version
Thanks. Figured maybe there was at least some news though.

I guess I keep waiting then. Really awful job on their part though given how shaky the first one was on consoles. If they can't give information only a handful of days before release, why bother?

I guess I could always pre-order and use that nice little refund/return feature MS implemented if it doesn't play well.

# 131 TheDutchDad @ 06/23/17 10:01 AM
Is there any advantage to getting TGC2 on XB1, PS4 or PC? I'm guessing PC is the way to go if you have the choice, right?

# 132 ODogg @ 06/23/17 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
Is there any advantage to getting TGC2 on XB1, PS4 or PC? I'm guessing PC is the way to go if you have the choice, right?
If you want to play with people from OS then the PS4 is the copy to get. If you have a gaming PC and friends on there though then that may be the way to go. Me personally I'd rather veg in front of a large TV than play on a computer screen.

# 133 TheDutchDad @ 06/23/17 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
If you want to play with people from OS then the PS4 is the copy to get. If you have a gaming PC and friends on there though then that may be the way to go. Me personally I'd rather veg in front of a large TV than play on a computer screen.
Same. Prefer playing on console, but I was just wondering if there was an advantage to on PC due to created courses, etc.

# 134 ODogg @ 06/23/17 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDutchDad
Same. Prefer playing on console, but I was just wondering if there was an advantage to on PC due to created courses, etc.
Hmmm...well there will probably be a lot more on the PC as more people play it but jeesh, the first game had plenty for me to use on just the PS4 so I'm fine with the PS4 in that respect.

# 135 Matt10 @ 06/23/17 12:39 PM
HB Studios streaming right now:

https://www.twitch.tv/hb_studios

# 136 ricky24 @ 06/23/17 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
HB Studios streaming right now:

https://www.twitch.tv/hb_studios

This pc or console?

# 137 OnlookerDelay @ 06/23/17 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky24
This pc or console?
They were using the PC version in the stream, at least in the 20 minutes I got to see of it.

# 138 OnlookerDelay @ 06/23/17 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamafan3723
You wouldn't happen to have a regular PS4 to compare to would you?
Yes, interesting questions Bamafan, I'd like to see just how much of a frame rate boost is realized on the PS4 Pro with TGC 2!

# 139 Flightwhite24 @ 06/23/17 02:20 PM
Going to re-download 1 tonight to compare with 2. Hoping for a nice improvement with the new version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 140 OnlookerDelay @ 06/23/17 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMPBLACKMAMBA24
Going to re-download 1 tonight to compare with 2. Hoping for a nice improvement with the new version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's not just a new version CBM, it's a new game! I was in the beta, and the new swing interface is so much deeper and viscerally nuanced. I had quit playing TGC 1 some time ago because I found the swing interface to be so one dimensional... not the case with the new game. It will be an ongoing learning curve.

Wait till you see how tightly integrated the new golfer animations are with the thumbstick motion... C'est Magnifique!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.