Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

A new roster update and a new pack of cards went live today for Diamond Dynasty. The pack of cards is the April 28 Bases Loaded Pack.

The main draw of this pack is you are guaranteed a single Griffey equipment item to hopefully help you finish that portion of the Diamond Program. It costs 2,000 Stubs and you are limited to five packs. My personal recommendation is to pass on this pack of cards. You're very likely to just get duplicates of the Silver equipment items -- even with a triple chance of a Diamond player, with only 3 player items per pack it's not good math on that end either.

On the roster update end of things, the biggest change is that Freddie Freeman is now a Diamond player. This should make finishing the Braves collection much more expensive moving forward.

Other major changes include:

-James Paxton jumping from a Silver to a Gold.

-Bryce Harper becoming an even more dominant Diamond.

-Raisel Iglesias becoming a Gold, which gives the Reds their first Gold player of the season (Votto is a Diamond).

-Wil Myers going from Silver to Gold, which again should make the Padres collection a little more pricey to finish as this is the first Padres player to go Gold.

-Ivan Nova, Chris Devenski, Ervin Santana, Jason Vargas and Dylan Bundy jumped from Bronze to Silver players.

-Jason Heyward and Curtis Granderson jumped from Bronze to Silver.

-And Eric Thames was finally added to the game, and he comes in at a 82 overall, with 80 power against lefties and righties.

-EDIT- OS user PRBoricua has also pointed out the Player Spotlight mission for the All-Star Ken Griffey Jr. has been altered so you now have unlimited Ranked Seasons games to get the 10 home runs and 22 RBIs to unlock the Breakout Ken Griffey Jr.

MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view MLB The Show 17 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 dougdfc @ 04/28/17 06:08 PM
Cesar Hernandez moved up to 84 overall from 81(or 82). Not a huge deal, but it's an update

# 2 PRBoricua @ 04/28/17 06:40 PM
Not player related, but they also removed the 30 game deadline for the 10 HR/22 RBI Griffey Jr mission allowing you to complete it at your own pace.

# 3 ChaseB @ 04/28/17 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdfc
Cesar Hernandez moved up to 84 overall from 81(or 82). Not a huge deal, but it's an update
Yeah, I figured it wasn't a tier change so left it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoricua
Not player related, but they also removed the 30 game deadline for the 10 HR/22 RBI Griffey Jr mission allowing you to complete it at your own pace.
Good call, I'll add this to the story. Thanks.

# 4 NYYsportsjunkie @ 04/28/17 07:00 PM
I just noticed Aaron Judge....

Omg. He's a beast lol. Rating went up from 68 to 75, easily replaces Franklin Gutierrez as the best bronze bat, maybe the best bronze overall

He's gonna be a sick plug in on days he's boosted. Probably gonna pick up & hoard a ton of his cards for the long haul lol

# 5 thekidisback @ 04/28/17 07:12 PM
Did they fix the Chipper Jones mission? I've done the 4 rbi 4 hits and 1 hr mission twice now without it counting.

# 6 yelch @ 04/29/17 09:03 AM
Very happy that I finished the Braves collection a couple of days ago. Freeman's price more than doubled. And even better, his quick sell price has jumped to 5K.

And a question before I screw up: Once I've claimed my player reward for full collection, and my 40 cards get locked, I technically have no use for those cards?
For example Freeman - I cannot sell him anymore, and I don't care to use him on my team. Can I just cash him in and all the other Braves? (I do know the last team epic step is exchange, but I found the most sensible cards value-wise to exchange are silver. They bring more points than bronzes, and don't cost much more. I just find one silver hovering above 100-150 and exchange a wbole batch of it.

# 7 ChaseB @ 04/29/17 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yelch
Very happy that I finished the Braves collection a couple of days ago. Freeman's price more than doubled. And even better, his quick sell price has jumped to 5K.

And a question before I screw up: Once I've claimed my player reward for full collection, and my 40 cards get locked, I technically have no use for those cards?
For example Freeman - I cannot sell him anymore, and I don't care to use him on my team. Can I just cash him in and all the other Braves? (I do know the last team epic step is exchange, but I found the most sensible cards value-wise to exchange are silver. They bring more points than bronzes, and don't cost much more. I just find one silver hovering above 100-150 and exchange a wbole batch of it.
As of now you should be safe to do that, assuming that you've done everything you need to do with the Team Epics before getting to the trade-in stage.

# 8 thekidisback @ 04/29/17 09:37 PM
Quote:

I just finished both the nl and al team missions in conquest mode where you need al and nl players to feed. I had so many common and bronze players though that I didn't even need to feed any card over 76. You might want to keep that in mind if you plan on completing all the conquest stuff.

# 9 SigmundFraud @ 04/29/17 10:57 PM
Quote:

What if he gets upgraded again? With inside edge right now he could be the best first baseman in the game on certain days. I guess if you have someone better there's no point in keeping him, but you're not getting a great value by just quick selling.

# 10 yelch @ 04/29/17 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
What if he gets upgraded again? With inside edge right now he could be the best first baseman in the game on certain days. I guess if you have someone better there's no point in keeping him, but you're not getting a great value by just quick selling.
Thank you and all others for answering.

Well, if he gets upgraded again, he'll still be a diamond, so that is irrelevant. And since I only play vs CPU and Conquest, I already have my ideal lineup that I don't need to upgrade, on 1B it's silver hardware Bagwell.

By quickselling I at least recoup a part of my expenses and work on other collections. I have 10/30 so far, now it's getting more complicated.

# 11 SigmundFraud @ 04/30/17 12:23 AM
Quote:
Thank you and all others for answering.

Well, if he gets upgraded again, he'll still be a diamond, so that is irrelevant. And since I only play vs CPU and Conquest, I already have my ideal lineup that I don't need to upgrade, on 1B it's silver hardware Bagwell.

By quickselling I at least recoup a part of my expenses and work on other collections. I have 10/30 so far, now it's getting more complicated.

What does a diamond quicksell for? In the past I feel like it was 5k? There's no way I'd be able to stomach 5k for a card as good as Freddy. I always think of it as 5k being $5. I'd rather just spend 5 bucks than dump him. It's gonna be quite a task to finish all those collections without dropping some cash, best of luck to you. I guess if you're already winning games on legend difficulty with your current lineup then it won't matter.

# 12 yelch @ 04/30/17 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
What does a diamond quicksell for? In the past I feel like it was 5k? There's no way I'd be able to stomach 5k for a card as good as Freddy. I always think of it as 5k being $5. I'd rather just spend 5 bucks than dump him. It's gonna be quite a task to finish all those collections without dropping some cash, best of luck to you. I guess if you're already winning games on legend difficulty with your current lineup then it won't matter.
It's 5K.
I already spent cash, so that is not an issue, I'll probably spend more. But I see all those unused players as dead money. Just completed Padres epic, and had 2 Myers left over (one locked from collecting, the other from program pack). 2K of easy money there, glad he got promoted to gold.
I still haven't gotten around to Braves, currently working on my luck in getting assigned pitchers to complete Twins and WhiteSox, and playing vs. Rays and Royals, mixed with some conquest on my 3rd run there.

I figure I'll get all collections eventually, once I clear Pirates, Rangers and Brewers which have no diamonds, I'll just start buying 20packs. The summer is very long, and I have nothing else to play until Destiny 2 anyway.

# 13 mikeq672 @ 04/30/17 03:24 AM
So youre just gonna play with same exact lineup for the next 11 months? That sounds horrible, no way I would quick sell a diamond that good just for 5k stubs.

# 14 yelch @ 04/30/17 03:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
So youre just gonna play with same exact lineup for the next 11 months? That sounds horrible, no way I would quick sell a diamond that good just for 5k stubs.
Yeah, I have a player and a backup on each position. It's not like they can get injured or retire, no need for ten of them. It just makes a lot of clutter on the selection screen.
Also about 8 pitchers and 12 relievers and that's it.

I'm like that in real life too. Anything not being used I get rid of. Sell, give away, trash... Whichever fits the best.

EDIT: Oh, and it's certainly not 11 months. Maybe a couple more until I complete all Team epic matches, a few more conquests, then I switch to RTTS and save up stubs to complete the rest of the teams.
And come September, MLB gets deleted, and Destiny 2 and FIFA 18 take over until MLB 18.

# 15 mikeq672 @ 04/30/17 11:51 AM
Quote:
Yeah, I have a player and a backup on each position. It's not like they can get injured or retire, no need for ten of them. It just makes a lot of clutter on the selection screen.
Also about 8 pitchers and 12 relievers and that's it.

I'm like that in real life too. Anything not being used I get rid of. Sell, give away, trash... Whichever fits the best.

EDIT: Oh, and it's certainly not 11 months. Maybe a couple more until I complete all Team epic matches, a few more conquests, then I switch to RTTS and save up stubs to complete the rest of the teams.
And come September, MLB gets deleted, and Destiny 2 and FIFA 18 take over until MLB 18.
We couldnt be more opposite haha. I keep 1 copy of every card in the game, change my lineup a couple times a day sometimes if Im playing a bunch.

# 16 oilersfan99 @ 04/30/17 12:55 PM
If you are planning on spending real money for stubs, why would you quick sell a player that could get you way more? That makes no sense no matter what you do

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

# 17 yelch @ 04/30/17 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan99
If you are planning on spending real money for stubs, why would you quick sell a player that could get you way more? That makes no sense no matter what you do

I completed the team collection, so he cannot be sold on the market anymore.

# 18 oilersfan99 @ 04/30/17 01:04 PM
Oh gotcha. You can quick sell a guy that way still?

# 19 yelch @ 04/30/17 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersfan99
Oh gotcha. You can quick sell a guy that way still?

Yeah. If they have a No Sell sign, you can still quicksell them or exchange them for missions.

# 20 oilersfan99 @ 04/30/17 02:01 PM
Quote:
Yeah. If they have a No Sell sign, you can still quicksell them or exchange them for missions.
Good to know, thanks

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.