Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

As mentioned yesterday, MLB The Show 17 patch 1.06 is available now, weighing in at just over 600 MB. Check out the full list of fixes below and post your thoughts.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 bcruise @ 05/09/17 11:58 AM
Anyone feel like wild pitches have been tuned at all? I know it's not in the notes but it wasn't in the last one either (a dev posted on here to let us know they tuned them down a bit).

I haven't downloaded the patch yet as the game is in a really good place for me outside of WP's (which is at least partway self-inflicted in terms of frequency). They're still too high as of 1.05 even in CPU vs. CPU games, but I find that I make the problem worse as a user at times by aiming too far out of the zone.

# 42 icicle22 @ 05/09/17 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Don't think this was changed, but also could you not save your game with an ingame save and restart the app to pick up where you left off? Not sure if that would fix it though, just throwing out ideas
I forgot to mention that I am in offline franchise mode and I am not sure if you can do an in game save. If someone knows for sure that would be great but I could never find a way to quit and save.......

# 43 NDAlum @ 05/09/17 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Anyone feel like wild pitches have been tuned at all? I know it's not in the notes but it wasn't in the last one either (a dev posted on here to let us know they tuned them down a bit).

I haven't downloaded the patch yet as the game is in a really good place for me outside of WP's (which is at least partway self-inflicted in terms of frequency). They're still too high as of 1.05 even in CPU vs. CPU games, but I find that I make the problem worse as a user at times by aiming too far out of the zone.
I just want to say I agree they were too high in 1.05. I had Victor Martinez take off for 2nd on a ball that wasn't that far away (11 spd VM) and he was safe.

The CPU actually smothered the ball though...maybe Jason Castro just has horrible ratings which might be the case.

But still I don't think VM is taking off unless it's a clear cut WP/PB

# 44 seasprite @ 05/09/17 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
I forgot to mention that I am in offline franchise mode and I am not sure if you can do an in game save. If someone knows for sure that would be great but I could never find a way to quit and save.......
Yes, you can do in game saves with offline franchise....I do it all the time if something comes up while I'm in a game

# 45 Armor and Sword @ 05/09/17 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise

They tuned it down and I do notice CPU runners are not taking off on just any wild pitch in the dirt. The times the CPU has taken off they are clear cut wild pitches that bounced away. Catchers with good to great ratings and or the perk (forgot the name of it) will block/smother most balls right in front of them well. Also I have thrown out some runners taking off on wild pitches, something that was not happening out of the box. I have also had some very close calls on throws to 3rd on wild pitches.

They clearly IMO tuned it for the better without sacrificing the balance of having some wild pitches/passed balls which are a big part of baseball. And I love the fact this year for the first time in this games history, catchers are not cheetahs with their reflexes and able to get to every single pop foul, nubbers in front of the plate and passed ball with such crisp quickness resulting in outs 95% of the time like in the past.

SDS did a great job in listening to the community and bringing far more balance and realism on this huge aspect of MLB baseball.

# 46 CujoMatty @ 05/09/17 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noiziv
Why would you use game mode? Doesn't that make the game look awful?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Not on the ks8000. All game mode does is turn off the processing things that cause the soap opera effect. The picture looks exactly the same for games.

Im at work and cant check but i bet they didnt totally remove the hdr intensity slider. They probably left it in the main menu settings and just removed it from the in game settings because they probably figured out that was what was causing the wash out issue. I hipe thats the case because i have my slider full and i dont think other tvs can handle that. If they nerfed my hdr for a more compatible universal setting im not going to be pleased. Not trying to be selfish but i litterally spent 3 grand a week ago mainly for the hdr in this game.

# 47 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/09/17 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JYakubowski
Has anyone noticed if they have done anything with the chalk degredation? I haven't noticed anything in that regards with previous patches.

Thanks

Chalk degradation has always been in and still is

# 48 The Chef @ 05/09/17 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
They tuned it down and I do notice CPU runners are not taking off on just any wild pitch in the dirt. The times the CPU has taken off they are clear cut wild pitches that bounced away. Catchers with good to great ratings and or the perk (forgot the name of it) will block/smother most balls right in front of them well. Also I have thrown out some runners taking off on wild pitches, something that was not happening out of the box. I have also had some very close calls on throws to 3rd on wild pitches.

They clearly IMO tuned it for the better without sacrificing the balance of having some wild pitches/passed balls which are a big part of baseball. And I love the fact this year for the first time in this games history, catchers are not cheetahs with their reflexes and able to get to every single pop foul, nubbers in front of the plate and passed ball with such crisp quickness resulting in outs 95% of the time like in the past.

SDS did a great job in listening to the community and bringing far more balance and realism on this huge aspect of MLB baseball.
I wish I was having the same results. I've thrown 18 wild pitches in my last 9 games which is higher then it was before they "fixed" it. I've thrown wild pitches on fastballs even, I mean it's gotten to the point that if a runner is on I get paranoid to throw anything thats not high in the zone for fear it will somehow find its way into the dirt. As you know I'm using your sliders which has the user pitch sliders lowered so I'm sure that's part of it, I can't count the amount of times I've seen a slider down and away end up through the opposite batters box and all the way to the backstop.

As for throwing runners out who try and advance, I've never once thrown anyone out trying to take second but I have thrown out a couple that were trying to advance to third off of a wild pitch.

# 49 KnightTemplar @ 05/09/17 12:38 PM
Just played a QC game. I was ahead 2-0 in the 5th (this seemed to be the point where opposing pitchers were being pulled pre-patch). Opposing pitcher went 6, so I think it's WAY to early to claim pulling pitchers to early is back.

As it was also in simmed games, too. Took a look. In a 1-0 game both pitchers went 7.

In a 2-0 game after 8, opposing pitcher was pulled at 6.

In a 3-1 game (1-0 after 6) Wacha was pulled in the 7th, getting no outs and giving up 2 runs.

# 50 bcruise @ 05/09/17 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

Coming from you that's really good to hear, since classic pitching is as close to the "no input" game as you're going to get while still having control. WP's are a touchy issue that can be heavily influenced by a user's pitching strategy.

Will probably watch some streams before I download just to see it for myself. I'll look out for yours in particular.

# 51 The Bimmer @ 05/09/17 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
Not on the ks8000. All game mode does is turn off the processing things that cause the soap opera effect. The picture looks exactly the same for games.

Im at work and cant check but i bet they didnt totally remove the hdr intensity slider. They probably left it in the main menu settings and just removed it from the in game settings because they probably figured out that was what was causing the wash out issue. I hipe thats the case because i have my slider full and i dont think other tvs can handle that. If they nerfed my hdr for a more compatible universal setting im not going to be pleased. Not trying to be selfish but i litterally spent 3 grand a week ago mainly for the hdr in this game.

Interesting. You have the slider maxed out and back-light at 20? That is not to bright for you?

I tried it like that to see what the slider was all about (with back-light at 20) when I first got the game, and concluded it was a gimmick because all it did was brighten the picture, not add resolution or improve the graphics.

# 52 TripleCrown @ 05/09/17 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidinDwnKingsley

Think you're both right to a certain extent :-)

Chalk degradation still in when sliding , most noticeable after a slide at 1B or home plate . But last year they changed the way they do it and it's now big dust particles , mostly.

What I noticed , is before, runners to first base or just batters stepping on chalk on their pre-batting stance were causing some chalk degradation as well. This last part seems to be gone or at least toned down a lot. Not sure if any variation from ballpark to ballpark.

And if i remember , rain was also degrading the chalk.

# 53 Bullit @ 05/09/17 12:53 PM
Quote:

Really?

# 54 TheLetterZ @ 05/09/17 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by csamuelsvt
Look forward to your impressions.

One thing I noticed as well when playing the daily games, the opposing picture is always from the 49th state of Alaska(I believe that's what Matt always says). Hopefully that was fixed too.
Also hoping this one is fixed. It's the first item I thought of.

# 55 icicle22 @ 05/09/17 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
Interesting. You have the slider maxed out and back-light at 20? That is not to bright for you?

I tried it like that to see what the slider was all about (with back-light at 20) when I first got the game, and concluded it was a gimmick because all it did was brighten the picture, not add resolution or improve the graphics.
20 is not too bright if you are truly getting HDR from your TV. For normal games I find 7-10 for the backlight is comfortable. But MLB looks great at 20 for me on the ks8000. You need to have Smart LED enable also for local dimming. I would have thought 20 was too much myself but that is what you need to get the 1000 nits required to really pull off HDR. The only time it looks too bright is when the HDR slider glitch occurs in game.

Good luck.

# 56 kt-od @ 05/09/17 01:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
Also hoping this one is fixed. It's the first item I thought of.
I've never heard this once. I've read that others have experienced it. He hasn't said Alaska once for any opposing pitchers. It's bizarre that certain things happen to some while others never experience it.

As with me, also, I haven't had the SP pulled too early in full counts since the first patch. I have experienced the OSD bug with the standings being wrong though.

# 57 RidinDwnKingsley @ 05/09/17 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Really?

If you play a normal game and not sim in or out chalk degradation is in....... so yes really

# 58 ARoid1313 @ 05/09/17 02:10 PM
I plead let me turn off the HR celebration camera & the slow motion 2nd tag base effect.. Please give me the option to turn gimmicks off, i can respect that some like these effects but please guys give us the option to play the way we want.

# 59 JayD @ 05/09/17 02:16 PM
Quote:
If you play a normal game and not sim in or out chalk degradation is in....... so yes really

It's not that it's not there but it is just toned down A LOT.

# 60 stlcardsfan44 @ 05/09/17 02:20 PM
Man, I love the show so much. And 17 had the potential to be great. I'm beyond frustrated that it's been 4 patches now, and they still haven't fixed the RP picking up the SP pitch counts instead of resetting. Also, the closer logic in this game is broke bad. If any player gets on third (even in a 3 run lead), the closer gets yanked. I can't stand that. Also hate how the first baseman throws the ball to the pitcher covering first like 4 feet off the pitchers mound. Then he makes a 50 yard dash to first. It looks ugly. I really hope they get this thing cleaned up soon. Big step back from last years game imo.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.