Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

As mentioned yesterday, MLB The Show 17 patch 1.06 is available now, weighing in at just over 600 MB. Check out the full list of fixes below and post your thoughts.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 121 NDAlum @ 05/10/17 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Got 4 games in last night and I'm not noticing this at all. That said I'm not playing at legend difficulty either.

Also have not seen a return of the SP problem that was prevalent pre 1.05.
I was facing TEX and Cole Hamels was dealing. They warmed somebody up in the 5th or 6th and I got nervous it was back...He even allowed 2 guys on in the inning and they didn't pull him. It was like a 1-0 game TEX winning. His pitch count was low too...like very low. He ended up going 8 strong I believe. They had somebody in the pen from that point forward though. It was definitely an early call to warm somebody up.

Side note: I finally threw out a guy at 2nd on a blocked pitch.

# 122 Glenn33 @ 05/10/17 11:19 AM
It's a little thing - but the Hot Zone not appearing on the first pitch of Quick Count has been an issue ever since they introduced Quick Counts. 3 years running.

THANK YOU SDS for fixing that.

# 123 PPerfect_CJ @ 05/10/17 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jars
Lets be real now, 99/100 people couldnt give a **** if the colours are slightly off. The game looks great, this is clutching at straws at epic levels
I think you may be exaggerating a little. Red is off, again, this year and those of us with it in our favorite team's uniforms have every right to be upset about it. The Nationals are wearing MAROON, for Christ's sakes!

# 124 PPerfect_CJ @ 05/10/17 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaundCo87
Because there are still a lot of server issues and online issues. It gets old real quick and frustrating when guys are complaining about colors not being right while others can't even get through a full game due to connection issues or freezing.
Well, I don't play online at all, so should I be posting "Screw the online crap. Only work on the things that I want fixed?" That's how posts like this come off and none of us need that.

# 125 tessl @ 05/10/17 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNeurosiis
Sorry if that upsets you, but I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people here who are irked by the fact that the colors are off for many teams unis, especially when they were fairly acceptable in previous games. They look the worst at night, and I think that's where most people have their gripes. Yeah, the game plays great and looks exceptional otherwise, so why not start honing in on other issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
There are 50 different slider sets on the sliders forum trying to fix gameplay. That's what "irks" me. As I said in another post if they were wearing hockey uniforms and gameplay was the same as MLB IRL I'd be happy.

One thing this forum does which I would not realize without - I realize some people obsess over things I don't even notice or care about at all. One example is last year a few people were obsessing over balls not curving enough down the foul lines. Guess what - balls now curve down the foul lines like a Frisbee on windy day.

Don't fix what isn't broken. Fix gameplay.

# 126 xNeurosiis @ 05/10/17 12:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
There are 50 different slider sets on the sliders forum trying to fix gameplay. That's what "irks" me. As I said in another post if they were wearing hockey uniforms and gameplay was the same as MLB IRL I'd be happy.

One thing this forum does which I would not realize without - I realize some people obsess over things I don't even notice or care about at all. One example is last year a few people were obsessing over balls not curving enough down the foul lines. Guess what - balls now curve down the foul lines like a Frisbee on windy day.

You're not wrong, but I don't see the problem having a discussion about something like inaccurate uniform colors, alongside major issues others are experiencing. I think any discussion that helps get the game more in line with what we want is a good thing - to a degree. Uniform colors being wrong aren't making the game unplayable, but it does, frankly, make SDS look a bit lazy, and certainly does frustrate those of us who A) are uniform nerds, and B) expect realistic colors, ESPECIALLY when they've touted how great materials look (walls, rails, etc), and have talked about lighting, realism, etc.

When you have a game like this (simulation style, as opposed to arcade), you expect even the tiniest of minutiae to be represented accurately. I could see if the gameplay and mechanics were COMPLETELY broken; in that case, yeah, uniform colors would be the least of our concerns. However, I understand, to those that play (mostly) online, how it feels like the game actually is broken due to the persistent online issues; yes, that is a problem that needs to be fixed. I'm not saying SDS should ever ignore an issue like that. However (again), the people taking offense that some of us have issues with uniforms/color accuracy, need to chill out - we're not saying one problem supersedes another; it's just another spoke in the wheel that needs to be fixed, for the betterment of all of us.

# 127 kehlis @ 05/10/17 12:55 PM
Quote:
Lets be real now, 99/100 people couldnt give a **** if the colours are slightly off. The game looks great, this is clutching at straws at epic levels

I can point to thread after thread and post after post here (for the last several years) which would suggest otherwise.

# 128 Adam_SDS @ 05/10/17 01:04 PM
Quote:
The rtts bug that sees the game glitching out when entering practice sessions still exists

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What bug is this?

# 129 Armor and Sword @ 05/10/17 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl

Dead wrong. Enhance and customize what is already a fantastic sports game.

I speak for my own reasons I create slider sets. I never use them to fix games. Just tune what is already a game that works fine and that I already enjoy tremendously on default settings.

Lord....if I felt a game was not good....I would return it and not even waste my time. Sliders are not there to fix. They are there to tune and customize the game to your style of play.

Huge misconception about sliders.....just huge. Again I am speaking for myself.

# 130 taterskin @ 05/10/17 01:25 PM
I love the game.... enjoy it more and more and more everyday. Almost didn't post the below because it's most likely a fluke....but never experienced this before patch and I've played a ton of games at CITI field so thought I'd post in case anyone else has seen this. When this first happened I thought the ball bounced off the facing and the OF caught it and I was called out. After viewing the replay....it's like there is an invisible barrier there. Either way.... drastic change from a HR to an out. Ha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLi_Z329tq4

# 131 JoshC1977 @ 05/10/17 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Dead wrong. Enhance and customize what is already a fantastic sports game.

I speak for my own reasons I create slider sets. I never use them to fix games. Just tune what is already a game that works fine and that I already enjoy tremendously on default settings.

Lord....if I felt a game was not good....I would return it and not even waste my time. Sliders are not there to fix. They are there to tune and customize the game to your style of play.

Huge misconception about sliders.....just huge. Again I am speaking for myself.
I want to second this....if done well, sliders should be to enhance the gameplay.

The problem is that many people react to tiny sample sizes, claim something is 'broken', and promptly try to 'fix' the issue with sliders. In many cases though, the effort to 'fix' the supposed 'issue' winds up causing real problems and people go down a rabbit hole. You see this a lot on madden...where slider adjustments cause more issues than they 'fix'.

The Show though is rather forgiving when it comes to slider changes...it is virtually impossible to 'break' it. Thus, slider tweaks are all about enhancement and tailoring the gameplay to our own desires and skill level.

# 132 yungincome @ 05/10/17 02:58 PM
Question: Have some of you experienced the "10th win of the season" after every win in Franchise mode? I have a record of 25-16 in my franchise and after every game, Vas says that's the yankees 10th win of the season. Anyone experiencing this? It happens after every victory. It's stuck at "10th win" of the season.

# 133 Armor and Sword @ 05/10/17 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungincome
Question: Have some of you experienced the "10th win of the season" after every win in Franchise mode? I have a record of 25-16 in my franchise and after every game, Vas says that's the yankees 10th win of the season. Anyone experiencing this? It happens after every victory. It's stuck at "10th win" of the season.
Yes....all the freaking time. And also with The Yankees.

# 134 taterskin @ 05/10/17 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yungincome

In my RTTS when I get to September its says "40th win of the season".... and he repeats it through the whole month. Still doing it after patch too as well as showing division standing for wrong teams.

# 135 Madden08PCgmr @ 05/10/17 03:40 PM
Quote:

99? No. 75, maybe.

If I order a black Corvette, I expect the factory to ship me a black Corvette, not Watkins Glen gray metallic.

How much work could it have been to get/make this right. And how many QA testers did this slide past?

# 136 dubcity @ 05/10/17 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Here's a really good example of something I don't see as a problem that I think others might be.

This is Chad Bettis a few pitches prior to the end of his day (83 pitches, pulled when Schwarber lined a double a moment later)

83 pitches is something I wouldn't really question for anyone - could be a bit low for some top stamina guys. But Bettis has 67 stamina - barely acceptable for a SP. He was beyond done as you can see by his energy even after pitching well (0 ER, 4 H 8 K with the tying run on 2nd). This was a play now game, but I'm not sure he would have fully recovered for his next start if this was a franchise game.

The AI does not hook based on pitch counts. It hooks by weighing the pitcher's remaining energy against the game situation.

This is the same behavior I've seen from the manager AI in full games since release day. And I just don't understand what the problem is that people are seeing. If anything the SP stamina slider could come up a few clicks so that average/below average stamina pitchers wouldn't be bottoming out on energy by the 6th-7th inning.
Well, prior to 1.05 I was rarely seeing CPU pitchers make it to 80 pitches, regardless of their stamina rating. They'd be at 65-70 pitches in the 5th (if they made it that far) of a 1-1 game, and there would be action in the bullpen, and the hook if a runner got on base. I get that there are reasonable situations where a pitcher wouldn't make it past 80-85 pitches, but those early hooks were happening a ton for me.

(Assuming we're talking about QC here, because that's where the issue was)

# 137 bcruise @ 05/10/17 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubcity
Well, prior to 1.05 I was rarely seeing CPU pitchers make it to 80 pitches, regardless of their stamina rating. They'd be at 65-70 pitches in the 5th (if they made it that far) of a 1-1 game, and there would be action in the bullpen, and the hook if a runner got on base. I get that there are reasonable situations where a pitcher wouldn't make it past 80-85 pitches, but those early hooks were happening a ton for me.

(Assuming we're talking about QC here, because that's where the issue was)
No, that particular post was about full games. I haven't heard much complaining about QC since 1.05, as you said.

# 138 tessl @ 05/10/17 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
99? No. 75, maybe.

If I order a black Corvette, I expect the factory to ship me a black Corvette, not Watkins Glen gray metallic.

How much work could it have been to get/make this right. And how many QA testers did this slide past?

I'd rather have a Watkins Glen gray metallic Vette which runs like a Vette than a black Vette with a Hugo engine.

# 139 Caulfield @ 05/10/17 06:10 PM
I think part of the problem with the colours in the Show is we all dont perceive colors the same. some of us have photoreceptors that are sensitive to wavelengths of varying amounts of nanometers

# 140 tessl @ 05/10/17 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xNeurosiis
You're not wrong, but I don't see the problem having a discussion about something like inaccurate uniform colors, alongside major issues others are experiencing. I think any discussion that helps get the game more in line with what we want is a good thing - to a degree. Uniform colors being wrong aren't making the game unplayable, but it does, frankly, make SDS look a bit lazy, and certainly does frustrate those of us who A) are uniform nerds, and B) expect realistic colors, ESPECIALLY when they've touted how great materials look (walls, rails, etc), and have talked about lighting, realism, etc.

When you have a game like this (simulation style, as opposed to arcade), you expect even the tiniest of minutiae to be represented accurately. I could see if the gameplay and mechanics were COMPLETELY broken; in that case, yeah, uniform colors would be the least of our concerns. However, I understand, to those that play (mostly) online, how it feels like the game actually is broken due to the persistent online issues; yes, that is a problem that needs to be fixed. I'm not saying SDS should ever ignore an issue like that. However (again), the people taking offense that some of us have issues with uniforms/color accuracy, need to chill out - we're not saying one problem supersedes another; it's just another spoke in the wheel that needs to be fixed, for the betterment of all of us.

They have one programmer assigned to franchise mode. If you take a peek at the mlbts 16 thread you will see multiple people abandoning 17 and returning to 16.

As I said I realize other people focus on different things. In a golf game if the ball curved at a 90 degree angle out of bounds and there was nothing you could do about it do you think people for forked out cash to play the golf game would be worried about Joe Smith's socks being the wrong color or would they be worried about the weird things the ball was doing?

I think Sony should force SDS to offer a full refund within a couple weeks of purchase.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.