Home
Madden NFL 18 News Post

Amazon has revealed some of the Madden NFL 18 features, as we get closer to an official announcement from EA Sports. Not only does it look like we will see new target passing, but it also mentions coverage assignments. Maybe we can finally assign the best corner vs. best receiver? EA is also giving users different play styles, ranging from Arcade, Simulation and Competitive.

Amazon also notes, Madden NFL 18 releases on August 25 for the Standard Edition ($59.99), but fans that pre-order the Madden NFL 18 G.O.A.T. Edition ($79.99), can get the game 3 days earlier, on August 22.

More details should be released soon.
  • Powered by Frostbite Madden Like You've Never Seen Before
  • Play Now Live
  • Play the best real world NFL match ups each week
  • Target passing
  • Play Styles - Arcade/Simulation/Competitive
  • Coverage Assignment
  • Coach Adjustments
  • Favorite Ways To Play MUT and Franchise
Madden NFL 18 takes a significant visual leap with the power of the Frostbite engine. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL game day come to life in the most photorealistic game to date. Play each matchup to your specifications by selecting from three new Play Styles or play the best real world match ups each week in Play Now Live! With the introduction of even more ways to play, coupled with your favorite modes, Madden Ultimate Team and Franchise, this is Madden like you've never seen before.

Pre-order today and receive up to $50 in additional value including three days early, full game access to Madden NFL 18: G.O.A.T. Edition. Start building your dynasty on day one with one of five Elite G.O.A.T. players, an Elite Player from your favorite NFL team, 12 Squad Packs, 2500 contracts and one uniform pack in Madden NFL 18 Ultimate Team, the complete NFL team-building mode where you build, play and win with your ultimate team of today's nfl superstars and legends.

Game: Madden NFL 18Hype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Mattanite @ 05/12/17 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Amazon has revealed some of the Madden NFL 18 features, as we get closer to an official announcement from EA Sports. Not only does it look like we will see new target passing, but it also mentions coverage assignments. Maybe we can finally assign the best corner vs. best receiver?

Amazon also notes, Madden NFL 18 releases on August 22 and fans that pre-order the Madden NFL 18 G.O.A.T. Edition, can get the game 3 days early.
  • Powered by Frostbite Madden Like You've Never Seen Before
  • Play Now Live
  • Play the best real world NFL match ups each week
  • Target passing
  • Play Styles - Arcade/Simulation/Competitive
  • Coverage Assignment
  • Coach Adjustments
  • Favorite Ways To Play MUT and Franchise
Madden NFL 18 takes a significant visual leap with the power of the Frostbite engine. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL game day come to life in the most photorealistic game to date. Play each matchup to your specifications by selecting from three new Play Styles or play the best real world match ups each week in Play Now Live! With the introduction of even more ways to play, coupled with your favorite modes, Madden Ultimate Team and Franchise, this is Madden like you've never seen before.

Pre-order today and receive up to $50 in additional value including three days early, full game access to Madden NFL 18: G.O.A.T. Edition. Start building your dynasty on day one with one of five Elite G.O.A.T. players, an Elite Player from your favorite NFL team, 12 Squad Packs, 2500 contracts and one uniform pack in Madden NFL 18 Ultimate Team, the complete NFL team-building mode where you build, play and win with your ultimate team of today's nfl superstars and legends.
Sounds very good so far as back of box features. Would've hoped for a "featuring new revamped franchise mode" as back of box but it doesn't mean it hasn't been done, just not a big ticket item.

Sent from my F3111 using Operation Sports mobile app

# 2 LovejoyOTF @ 05/12/17 06:28 AM
an actual simulation play style!

# 3 Gosens6 @ 05/12/17 06:29 AM
Arcade/simulation/competitive game options?!?!??

There really is a God.. This is FANTASTIC news!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 4 TecmoZack @ 05/12/17 06:36 AM
I wonder if the G.O.A.T. Edition will have a different cover athlete?

# 5 TecmoZack @ 05/12/17 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovejoyOTF
an actual simulation play style!

This caught my attention as well.

# 6 Alex the Great @ 05/12/17 06:48 AM
I like the sound of target passing, will be interested to see what it ends up being. Coverage assignments and coach adjustments sound promising as well.

# 7 ripcandlestickpark @ 05/12/17 06:58 AM
Really excited about the options for play style! Given that blurb about the Frostbite engine and "the spectacle of NFL game day", I wonder if stadiums and jumbotrons got updates this year.

# 8 wallofhate @ 05/12/17 06:58 AM
I wonder if ea access changes now that they're selling this goat edition? As of right now if your reasoning to get the goat is to play it early there would be no need if you already have ea access you'd get to play early anyway.

# 9 kongemeier @ 05/12/17 07:05 AM
Arcade/competitive/simulation play style!

If this is done right this could be a fantastic change for the Madden franchise. Now I just hope they do the same with their franchise mode. A mode where users just can't put skill points where they want, but players progress without user interactions.

As for photo-realism... We know it will look great on pictures! Madden always does. Just hoping it will look better in motion with the Frostbite Engine than in previous years.

# 10 young22 @ 05/12/17 07:14 AM
I'm officially hyped. Target passing sounds real good, and a sim mode? I'm pre ordering for sure

Sent from my SM-G386W using Operation Sports mobile app

# 11 RudyBrown @ 05/12/17 07:23 AM
Nothing really grab my attention like a must buy. I'm definitely still on the fence and hope More is added to franchise mode.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

# 12 Cowboy008 @ 05/12/17 07:24 AM
Coach adjustments, Simulation play style, target passing, and defensive assignments all sound real good. I'm going to try not to get to excited until I see all of it in action but right now those things sound real good. I wonder if this deal where you can play it 3 days early will be on the PSN store?

# 13 Armor and Sword @ 05/12/17 07:28 AM
Well that did not take long.

Pre-ordered GOAT edition.

In like Flynn.

# 14 SpaceBoyXVII @ 05/12/17 07:34 AM
Two big selling points for me: Play Now Live and the slider options, arcade sounds like a nice change of pace if I don't have time to sit and play a full game. I'm officially on the hype train and will be preordering as soon as it's on PSN!

# 15 ampjackson94 @ 05/12/17 07:36 AM
Tom Brady is on the cover of Madden this year

# 16 GaryT531 @ 05/12/17 07:41 AM
Play now live.....is that like real time weather settings like NCAA Football used to have? If so then that is awesome and has been a long time coming. People have been asking for that for years.

# 17 Armor and Sword @ 05/12/17 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampjackson94
Tom Brady is on the cover of Madden this year
That is wonderful news for us Dolphin fans.

Out for the year. #TheMaddenCurse

# 18 qeezus_price @ 05/12/17 07:53 AM
I've been saying they need arcade and simulation so everyone can enjoy it differently. Glad they went this way.

# 19 rkocjay @ 05/12/17 08:06 AM
New target passing I wonder? But coverage assignments really caught my attention

Sent from my A0001 using Operation Sports mobile app

# 20 BaylorBearBryant @ 05/12/17 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TecmoZack
I wonder if the G.O.A.T. Edition will have a different cover athlete?

It's gotta be Brady or Rice.

« Previous1234567891617Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.