Home
Madden NFL 18 News Post

Amazon has revealed some of the Madden NFL 18 features, as we get closer to an official announcement from EA Sports. Not only does it look like we will see new target passing, but it also mentions coverage assignments. Maybe we can finally assign the best corner vs. best receiver? EA is also giving users different play styles, ranging from Arcade, Simulation and Competitive.

Amazon also notes, Madden NFL 18 releases on August 25 for the Standard Edition ($59.99), but fans that pre-order the Madden NFL 18 G.O.A.T. Edition ($79.99), can get the game 3 days earlier, on August 22.

More details should be released soon.
  • Powered by Frostbite Madden Like You've Never Seen Before
  • Play Now Live
  • Play the best real world NFL match ups each week
  • Target passing
  • Play Styles - Arcade/Simulation/Competitive
  • Coverage Assignment
  • Coach Adjustments
  • Favorite Ways To Play MUT and Franchise
Madden NFL 18 takes a significant visual leap with the power of the Frostbite engine. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL game day come to life in the most photorealistic game to date. Play each matchup to your specifications by selecting from three new Play Styles or play the best real world match ups each week in Play Now Live! With the introduction of even more ways to play, coupled with your favorite modes, Madden Ultimate Team and Franchise, this is Madden like you've never seen before.

Pre-order today and receive up to $50 in additional value including three days early, full game access to Madden NFL 18: G.O.A.T. Edition. Start building your dynasty on day one with one of five Elite G.O.A.T. players, an Elite Player from your favorite NFL team, 12 Squad Packs, 2500 contracts and one uniform pack in Madden NFL 18 Ultimate Team, the complete NFL team-building mode where you build, play and win with your ultimate team of today's nfl superstars and legends.

Game: Madden NFL 18Hype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 05/12/17 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
yeah im curious about this as well , lets hope so for coordinators.

I see many here seemed to like the passing cone of the past. I however really hope that is not what they mean by the new passing targeting system. I have hard enough time just trying to move qb from pressure and hitting the correct buttons to pass to right wr. I cant be trying to focus some cone on a guy and hit the right button too.

Id much rather just see real touch and precision passing in the game mechanic. Instead of just lobs that float too long and allow defenders your trying to throw over time to go get it.

But now the wait begins........ for real details and videos ( after e3)

As someone mentioned before here , though these things sound good so far... if that oline play isnt alot better.... man , i just dunno what ill think then.... hard to swallow this horrid oline "logic"

Really interesting idea. Are you thinking like an NBA/FIFA system where the longer you hold the button the further the ball goes? And different button combos would do different things like lobs, bullets, etc? Could be really interesting. That power system works really well in the other games.

# 42 iFnotWhyNoT @ 05/12/17 10:02 AM
The new passing system made me think of this...https://youtu.be/Y6O-kNvNaRE?t=2089

# 43 Datninja619 @ 05/12/17 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallofhate
I wonder if ea access changes now that they're selling this goat edition? As of right now if your reasoning to get the goat is to play it early there would be no need if you already have ea access you'd get to play early anyway.
The goat edition most likely includes an EA access monthly pass of some sort. Considering it's only $5.

A win win for EA. Promote EA Access Front and center for people eager to play Madden early.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app

# 44 kjcheezhead @ 05/12/17 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir psycho
That was my first thought as well when I read "Target passing"

If this means that the ball is no longer tethered to the receiver, that would be great and could mean lower completion percentages. Obviously, too early to make assumptions based off of a couple words, but I am intrigued.

On the one hand, I agree. Tethered passing needed to be gone years and years ago.

On the other hand APF total control passing did it without adding the clunky controls of Fevers read and lead. It would also be disappointing to find out Frostbite innovation is just ripping off a feature of a game released in 2003.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 45 Datninja619 @ 05/12/17 10:03 AM
"With the introduction of even more ways to play, coupled with your favorite modes, Madden Ultimate Team and Franchise, this is Madden like you've never seen before." what the heck does this mean lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app

# 46 49UNCFan @ 05/12/17 10:07 AM
Shots from the trailer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

# 47 BaylorBearBryant @ 05/12/17 10:10 AM
The ending of that video... We're getting the FIFA's Journey for Madden.

# 48 Dj_MyTime @ 05/12/17 10:18 AM
Guys still gotta bring up that ''other'' football game, like geez let it go. I'd be happy if they brought ''maximum passing'' to Madden. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Who really cares if it was a feature in another game 14 years ago, if it improves Madden, do it.

# 49 DickDalewood @ 05/12/17 10:22 AM
FINALLY. A Play Now Live mode! I've been wanting this for years.

# 50 johnnyg713 @ 05/12/17 10:22 AM
Gah the teasers kill me. To be honest, I didn't notice that much of a graphical leap with the frostbite engine. I was expecting a major difference like fifa 16 - 17.

# 51 jfsolo @ 05/12/17 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I would love (and very doubtful) for simulation mode to offer things like bobbled snaps, high snaps, penalties more realistically tuned, etc.

I am assuming it probably just means tuning of things like less actuate passing, etc. which would be good too
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I'm hoping it means we get bobbled snaps, high snaps, and penalties. If people don't want that they could just play on Arcade or Competitive.
This is year one of the mode, I would imagine that each year going forward there will be more sim elements added. We need to be even more vocal than ever before in communicating what we want in the in sim mode.

# 52 brandon27 @ 05/12/17 10:25 AM
Not a lot to go on yet, but sounds interesting.

The addition of the 3 play styles is nice. Assuming you're allowed full customization of them still. I'd hate to see them introduce new settings, but still restrict how you have to play within them.

Target passing sounds... interesting. Wish they would have given more detail than just that.

As for the trailer. Looks good.

Story mode... Not sure I'll play it, but it looks to be a cool addition with what little experience I had with it from Fifa 17.

I was hoping for more information on franchise upgrades though.

# 53 oneamongthefence @ 05/12/17 10:26 AM
saw this on Twitter. The 50 gig install size is nearly double of what madden normally is on release.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app

# 54 LovejoyOTF @ 05/12/17 10:28 AM
3 v 3 online team play may be on the cards?

# 55 49UNCFan @ 05/12/17 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Gah the teasers kill me. To be honest, I didn't notice that much of a graphical leap with the frostbite engine. I was expecting a major difference like fifa 16 - 17.
I did

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

# 56 TitanUP2 @ 05/12/17 10:29 AM
Target Passing? Coverage Assignments?

# 57 jpierce134 @ 05/12/17 10:31 AM
Anyone notice the mid arm band for Antonio Brown in the intro? Wonder if this is in game or not. In the gameplay footage he has a wristband not arm band.

# 58 Godgers12 @ 05/12/17 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Great. Now I can be reminded of the Falcons collapse every time I play Madden......
Just like I'm reminded of the Packers collapse in the NFCCG before every onside kick.

# 59 Godgers12 @ 05/12/17 10:37 AM
I can't imagine that they will get rid of button passing, it's all the community has known for 30 years. It's probably just a revamped lead passing mechanic to better place the ball into an area, and high point it. Basically replacing the high/low point, and loft throws.

# 60 Dj_MyTime @ 05/12/17 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpierce134
Anyone notice the mid arm band for Antonio Brown in the intro? Wonder if this is in game or not. In the gameplay footage he has a wristband not arm band.

This isn't mid-arm it's a yellow wristband. If you back it up and watch again you can see it pretty clearly.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.