Home
Madden NFL 18 News Post

Amazon has revealed some of the Madden NFL 18 features, as we get closer to an official announcement from EA Sports. Not only does it look like we will see new target passing, but it also mentions coverage assignments. Maybe we can finally assign the best corner vs. best receiver? EA is also giving users different play styles, ranging from Arcade, Simulation and Competitive.

Amazon also notes, Madden NFL 18 releases on August 25 for the Standard Edition ($59.99), but fans that pre-order the Madden NFL 18 G.O.A.T. Edition ($79.99), can get the game 3 days earlier, on August 22.

More details should be released soon.
  • Powered by Frostbite Madden Like You've Never Seen Before
  • Play Now Live
  • Play the best real world NFL match ups each week
  • Target passing
  • Play Styles - Arcade/Simulation/Competitive
  • Coverage Assignment
  • Coach Adjustments
  • Favorite Ways To Play MUT and Franchise
Madden NFL 18 takes a significant visual leap with the power of the Frostbite engine. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL game day come to life in the most photorealistic game to date. Play each matchup to your specifications by selecting from three new Play Styles or play the best real world match ups each week in Play Now Live! With the introduction of even more ways to play, coupled with your favorite modes, Madden Ultimate Team and Franchise, this is Madden like you've never seen before.

Pre-order today and receive up to $50 in additional value including three days early, full game access to Madden NFL 18: G.O.A.T. Edition. Start building your dynasty on day one with one of five Elite G.O.A.T. players, an Elite Player from your favorite NFL team, 12 Squad Packs, 2500 contracts and one uniform pack in Madden NFL 18 Ultimate Team, the complete NFL team-building mode where you build, play and win with your ultimate team of today's nfl superstars and legends.

Game: Madden NFL 18Hype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 Steelers4190 @ 05/12/17 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49UNCFan
Watch the vid in 4k

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
1) I shouldn't have to.

2) Not everyone has the internet speed to do that in a timely manner

# 82 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/17 12:43 PM
Really want to hear more about target passing. I think we had something that could be considered target passing last year with the triggers so I'm hoping this is more than that and is more of a passing overhaul. No more receivers drastically changing routes because they're tethered to the ball.

# 83 kjcheezhead @ 05/12/17 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Guys still gotta bring up that ''other'' football game, like geez let it go. I'd be happy if they brought ''maximum passing'' to Madden. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Who really cares if it was a feature in another game 14 years ago, if it improves Madden, do it.

For the record I brought it up to say 1. Madden doesn't need read and lead type controls to untether passing and take the game to the next level. And 2. The features were available on ps2 so if madden needed frostbite to make it happen, frostbite isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 84 Thunderhorse @ 05/12/17 12:58 PM
Online Team Play?

That is the only thing that will make me buy this game day one.

You can't rely on the AI and I don't buy a "simulation" set vs. an "arcade" set. I'm sorry but the Madden franchise, historically, has given me no reason to believe that this will give me the organic gameplay I am looking for. The logic and quality of this game's animations simply do not match up with 2K's, respectively.

I don't want to ramble, because 2K has incredible flaws as well. But 2K allows me to play with my friends, instead of constantly against them, while also giving me the ability to play a game where I don't have to blame the AI for outcomes.

The 3 on 3 model previously in Madden would have motivated me to purchase this day one. I know details are still coming out, so I will hold out hope.

# 85 NINJAK2 @ 05/12/17 01:01 PM
Give us a coach mode where the qb will scramble and they don't always keep the ball on read option plays (NCAA 14)along with some db/wr jostling/interaction (NFL 2k5) then I will be excited. Brady has been putting his face out there as far as advertising a lot in recent years. Good for him to make some bread on his way out and no one is more deserving of a madden cover..

# 86 King Gro23 @ 05/12/17 01:02 PM
Remaining even keel on this one until I see how it all unfolds. All of these claims have been introduced into madden before.

Sure not exactly the play style but I think it was 09-11' they had beginner advanced(hardcore) settings that adjusted penalties and sliders

# 87 Valaskjalf @ 05/12/17 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Arcade/simulation/competitive game options?!?!??

There really is a God.. This is FANTASTIC news!

Well the cynic in me reads 3 additional play styles and think, more chance for them to half-*** through this. A third of the time they could spend on franchise they instead invested into some Arcade mode.

# 88 RogerDodger @ 05/12/17 01:26 PM
EA has always considered Madden a simulation. That makes me wonder whether the "Simulation" mode isn't what we already have in terms of gameplay, while the other styles are tweaked accordingly. Might be a while before we find out. I'd love a simulation mode to be far superior to what we already had but that remains to be seen.

# 89 49UNCFan @ 05/12/17 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
1) I shouldn't have to.

2) Not everyone has the internet speed to do that in a timely manner
Well that's the way you can tell the huge leap in these newer games. I just did it on YouTube on my phone

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

# 90 JoshC1977 @ 05/12/17 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
EA has always considered Madden a simulation. That makes me wonder whether the "Simulation" mode isn't what we already have in terms of gameplay, while the other styles are tweaked accordingly. Might be a while before we find out. I'd love a simulation mode to be far superior to what we already had but that remains to be seen.
It might be...but it could at least be a step in the right direction where gameplay changes (via patches) can be made for the competitive gamers without affecting the sim community.

# 91 oneamongthefence @ 05/12/17 01:58 PM
Regarding sleeves in the video Brady has the short sleeves and they still look painted on. Hopefully they have a more realistic looking texture. I also gotta say that screen shot of Brady looks amazing.

Sent from my LGAS992 using Operation Sports mobile app

# 92 Gossennator @ 05/12/17 02:09 PM
I'm thinking 3v3 might be a EASFL deal (just like EASHL for NHL.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 93 Find_the_Door @ 05/12/17 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
I would love (and very doubtful) for simulation mode to offer things like bobbled snaps, high snaps, penalties more realistically tuned, etc.

I am assuming it probably just means tuning of things like less actuate passing, etc. which would be good too

I really hope competitive and simulation are options you can search for in online ranked. I'll be bummed if I'm relegated to leagues, offline to use the sim sliders. Please have two different leaderboards for both sim and non-sim.

# 94 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/17 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerDodger
This is a good point and what I worry about most. It could be a step in the right direction but if it's built on the current base I honestly don't think it's going to change much. There's also other issues with unrealistic player movement (i.e. D-Lineman in coverage, swerving, etc.) that are global issues that I don't think separate game settings can change so it's going to be interesting to see how they handle that type of stuff. I'd love to see this be the kickstart for some more randomness and difficulty to be implemented though. Not expecting botched snaps anytime soon but hopefully missed FG's will actually be a thing.

# 95 zackebarsch10 @ 05/12/17 02:45 PM
But what if the different modes (Arcade, SIM, Competetive) only means different slider settings?

I don't want to get to hyped because it would be amazing if the modes mean things like botched snaps and errant throws.

We will see.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

# 96 Rubio809 @ 05/12/17 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I am skipping Madden this year (yep you heard me right taking a pass on it for sure as 17 is all I need for another year of football).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Well that did not take long.

Pre-ordered GOAT edition.

In like Flynn.

Told you.....

# 97 ctindal21 @ 05/12/17 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpierce134
Gotcha... it was kind of hard to tell, but after you pointed that out I see it! Thanks
Can't tell with the in-game footage but that's definitely a black forearm band on AB in the intro which is a good sign for those who've been wanting forearm bands.

# 98 KentuckyNCAA14FB @ 05/12/17 03:29 PM
Trailer reveals a MyCareer/Story Mode that just might rival 2k's...OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG.....7 years late but OMGGGGGGGGG finally

# 99 mdiggitydawg @ 05/12/17 03:36 PM
Given the multitude of let downs in past iterations of this Franchise, especially in offline franchise where I play, it is hard for me to get excited until I see how you, our Operation Sports "family" find the game. I do NOT believe reviews anymore, because for some reason they never seem to pick up on the many bugs and problems a game has. There for I will say I am guardedly optimistic, hopeful for a great surprise and ultimately just waiting until I read the forums here before making a purchase I regret.

# 100 adembroski @ 05/12/17 03:36 PM
Target passing... hmmm...

Could be a cycle style target system like Tecmo Bowl, or, God forbid, a location targeting system like John Elway.

I can't fathom a better passing control scheme, although I did prefer the old system for velocity rather than the double tap.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.