Home
Madden NFL 18 News Post

Amazon has revealed some of the Madden NFL 18 features, as we get closer to an official announcement from EA Sports. Not only does it look like we will see new target passing, but it also mentions coverage assignments. Maybe we can finally assign the best corner vs. best receiver? EA is also giving users different play styles, ranging from Arcade, Simulation and Competitive.

Amazon also notes, Madden NFL 18 releases on August 25 for the Standard Edition ($59.99), but fans that pre-order the Madden NFL 18 G.O.A.T. Edition ($79.99), can get the game 3 days earlier, on August 22.

More details should be released soon.
  • Powered by Frostbite Madden Like You've Never Seen Before
  • Play Now Live
  • Play the best real world NFL match ups each week
  • Target passing
  • Play Styles - Arcade/Simulation/Competitive
  • Coverage Assignment
  • Coach Adjustments
  • Favorite Ways To Play MUT and Franchise
Madden NFL 18 takes a significant visual leap with the power of the Frostbite engine. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL game day come to life in the most photorealistic game to date. Play each matchup to your specifications by selecting from three new Play Styles or play the best real world match ups each week in Play Now Live! With the introduction of even more ways to play, coupled with your favorite modes, Madden Ultimate Team and Franchise, this is Madden like you've never seen before.

Pre-order today and receive up to $50 in additional value including three days early, full game access to Madden NFL 18: G.O.A.T. Edition. Start building your dynasty on day one with one of five Elite G.O.A.T. players, an Elite Player from your favorite NFL team, 12 Squad Packs, 2500 contracts and one uniform pack in Madden NFL 18 Ultimate Team, the complete NFL team-building mode where you build, play and win with your ultimate team of today's nfl superstars and legends.

Game: Madden NFL 18Hype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 101 vrtkolman @ 05/12/17 03:42 PM
I like how passing controls work now actually. If they just removed tethering and lowered accuracy across the board, it would be perfect.

# 102 KentuckyNCAA14FB @ 05/12/17 03:42 PM
And franchise mode is ALL I care about, if they add:
1.Create-a-draft class
2. And a team relocation/Re-branding option like NBA2K. Its a certified win for me

# 103 OhMrHanky @ 05/12/17 03:53 PM
My first guess as to the sim/arcade/competitive thing. As some have said here, I believe sim will either be what we had last year, or a slightly modified form of last year. I have a feeling the overall gameplay will be pretty similar, but they could certainly up penalties a bit (and, have more def PI, imo, as one example). However, they may also add a few things as some have mentioned. Perhaps, they do add bad snaps. Maybe, they add injured linemen as well. Also, more over/underthrows by QBs, maybe? So, overall, there could be something to look forward to, there. And, we haven't seen pass targeting, yet. So, that may also be affected. Hopefully, it's not just last year's game, and arcade/competitive sort of make sense on their own. Arcade will allow more special moves to 'win' I would think. Competitive actually might be interesting for sim guys that also like the sticks to dominate as opposed to the ratings. So, that gives options. And, I would hope they gameplay tune for EACH of these gameplay styles. Meaning, I hope the data they receive is based on gameplay style, so that they tune sim with all sim gameplay data, and they tune arcade with all arcade gameplay data. Overall, it's def a step in the right direction. Looking forward to see more details. Definitely curious to see target passing right now. If they have FINALLY removed the TETHER from that GD ball!!!! I will be one happy camper!! Well, unless the new system is horrible. Then, I'll be posting to this site daily!!! Lol. [emoji23][emoji848][emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 104 Greenblood60 @ 05/12/17 03:56 PM
Target Passing !!!!!! It's like they read my mind,lol.

"There's no skill involved in passing game. Any success the user has is due to his decision making. There's no stick skill involved like there is in the running game. I want to be able to go into practice mode--with only the offense on the field--and experience the satisfaction of connecting with the receiver on a deep route simply because it isn't a given that I'm going to hit the receiver. I want to watch games on Youtube and not just be impressed with a player's passing offense, but also his ability as a passer period. I want the frustration of missing out on a sure TD not because of a random dice roll that caused my QB to make a bad throw, but because I overthrew, or under-threw, the receiver."

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-begin-8.html

I wasn't even going to be interested in Madden this year without some sort of significant innovation, and this is the number one area I wanted them to innovate.

We've been simply pressing the x button to throw to the x receiver for at least two decades. Hopefully this new feature changes the way we play the game.

# 105 vrtkolman @ 05/12/17 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenblood60
Target Passing !!!!!! It's like they read my mind,lol.

"There's no skill involved in passing game. Any success the user has is due to his decision making. There's no stick skill involved like there is in the running game. I want to be able to go into practice mode--with only the offense on the field--and experience the satisfaction of connecting with the receiver on a deep route simply because it isn't a given that I'm going to hit the receiver. I want to watch games on Youtube and not just be impressed with a player's passing offense, but also his ability as a passer period. I want the frustration of missing out on a sure TD not because of a random dice roll that caused my QB to make a bad throw, but because I overthrew, or under-threw, the receiver."

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-begin-8.html

I wasn't even going to be interested in Madden this year without some sort of significant innovation, and this is the number one area I wanted them to innovate.

We've been simply pressing the x button to throw to the x receiver for at least two decades. Hopefully this new feature changes the way we play the game.
As long as there is a sharp difference between the good and bad QB's, I am down with this. I don't want to go 1 of 20 passing with Aaron Rodgers because my stick skills are bad.

# 106 Reed1417 @ 05/12/17 04:03 PM
I don't think we'll see a fully customizable league like with 2k just because we all know how the NFL likes their image to be. There's a reason we have pre set teams when we relocate and things of that nature. I would like more of those that way if we want to have a fully fictional 32 team league we could. That would be dope to me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

# 107 Crunky @ 05/12/17 04:06 PM
I'm ecstatic for this Target Passing hopefully it brings untethered passing to Madden.

# 108 TecmoZack @ 05/12/17 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
Gah the teasers kill me. To be honest, I didn't notice that much of a graphical leap with the frostbite engine. I was expecting a major difference like fifa 16 - 17.

Agreed. That being said I said the same thing after last years reveal trailer. Madden 17 looked fantastic. I'm sure it will be awesome visually.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 109 Greenblood60 @ 05/12/17 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrtkolman
As long as there is a sharp difference between the good and bad QB's, I am down with this. I don't want to go 1 of 20 passing with Aaron Rodgers because my stick skills are bad.
I think going 1 for 20 with Rodgers is fine ( when you fire the game up for the first time ) as long as there's a difference between 1 for 20 with Rodgers and 1 for 20 with Blaine Gabbert. There can still be a difference if many of the throws are just off the mark with Rodgers, but you can't hit the backside of a barn with Gabbert.

Think about how good it would feel to carve someone up with the likes of Tyrod Taylor.

# 110 dk6663 @ 05/12/17 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorBearBryant
The ending of that video... We're getting the FIFA's Journey for Madden.

But from what I have read about that, is it can be changed virtually on the fly right ??

# 111 dk6663 @ 05/12/17 04:26 PM
Frostbite Engine is a step in the right direction for me. Been watching and reading on what it can do. Graphics, etc will come. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay and the new engine will be the start of that. EA gets my $$$ every year and this one will be no different..

# 112 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 05/12/17 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk6663
Frostbite Engine is a step in the right direction for me. Been watching and reading on what it can do. Graphics, etc will come. Gameplay, gameplay, gameplay and the new engine will be the start of that. EA gets my $$$ every year and this one will be no different..
Good point. As long as Best Buy has the trade in and buy $35 deal I'll probably buy it every year.

# 113 Badasi12b @ 05/12/17 05:07 PM
That game needs a different cover!

# 114 New Jersey Giants @ 05/12/17 07:45 PM
Some of the features sound promising, but i won't buy unless the line play is addressed significantly.

# 115 ODogg @ 05/12/17 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Datninja619
The goat edition most likely includes an EA access monthly pass of some sort. Considering it's only $5.

A win win for EA. Promote EA Access Front and center for people eager to play Madden early.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app

nope, GOAT edition is not EA access, it's on ps4

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

# 116 Mike Lowe @ 05/12/17 08:38 PM
I'm happy that they've separated out simulation style from competitive. They actually have the three styles labeled perfectly.

Now, will simulation actually have injuries away from the ball? It sounds silly, but that's been my biggest gripe with Madden CFM for a few years, that and probably "mishap" plays such as fumbled snaps, bad holds, etc.

# 117 Datninja619 @ 05/12/17 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
nope, GOAT edition is not EA access, it's on ps4

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Hahahaha. Duh. Good call! Well it will be interesting to see how this will work then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app

# 118 reverend_heat @ 05/12/17 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctindal21
Can't tell with the in-game footage but that's definitely a black forearm band on AB in the intro which is a good sign for those who've been wanting forearm bands.
Just went through and looked at it in the 4k trailer on Youtube and its definitely just a black wristband, same as Madden 17, not a mid-forearm band.

# 119 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/17 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Now, will simulation actually have injuries away from the ball? It sounds silly, but that's been my biggest gripe with Madden CFM for a few years, that and probably "mishap" plays such as fumbled snaps, bad holds, etc.
I don't think so. That stuff might come in time but I don't think gameplay is going to be that drastically different in 18. I wouldn't be surprised if it is very similar and Competitive Settings just have less dropped picks and stuff like that. If they overhauled settings then a lot could change but I don't think the inclusion of separate gameplay settings is going to include a lot of wholesale gameplay alterations but I could be wrong.

# 120 Double C @ 05/13/17 02:52 AM
Coverage assignments sound really nice... For a feature that was in Madden 04 or 05 and will certainly be sold by EA as brand new.

Sent from my F8331 using Operation Sports mobile app

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.