Home
Madden NFL 18 News Post

EA Sports has revealed Tom Brady as the Madden NFL 18 cover athlete. The standard edition of Madden NFL 18 will release on August 25 ($59.99), while the G.O.A.T. edition releases 3 days earlier, on August 22 ($79.99).

The team has also released their first Madden NFL 18 trailer. The end of the trailer shows a sneak peek at Story Mode. More details as they come in.

Game: Madden NFL 18Hype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 Brooke2011 @ 05/12/17 01:17 PM
It looks the same as madden 17....... I would never be able to tell the difference

# 62 roadman @ 05/12/17 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
This is looking like FIFA 17 all over again. The lighting and environments being improved but the player models and animations being exactly the same as previous years. I always thought that changing engines meant complete overhaul. I guess that's not the case according to EA.
If you were here posting about a month or so, you would have noticed that a person that worked on Madden (AJ) stated that the only things that would probably improve would be lighting, stadiums and sidelines.

He explained changing engines doesn't mean complete overall.

I'm assuming they are bringing the code over to Frostbite.

Just the fact that they have a simulation mode with passing targets is good in my book.

# 63 Brooke2011 @ 05/12/17 01:26 PM
Not only does it look like madden 17, but those clips were the same ones from madden 17 trailers.
This is exactly what I thought what we were getting. Can't wait for Rex Dickson to sugarcoat this one. And I don't care about CGi story mode BS.
Most disappointed in a madden game based on a trailer in years.

# 64 PVarck31 @ 05/12/17 01:27 PM
One of my biggest wishes for 18 was more body types. Looks like that's not happening. I'm sure there will be plenty of new animations and hopefully less robotic, but damn, I didn't see much difference.

I'll reserve judgement until I see actual gameplay to be fair.

# 65 Brooke2011 @ 05/12/17 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
One of my biggest wishes for 18 was more body types. Looks like that's not happening. I'm sure there will be plenty of new animations and hopefully less robotic, but damn, I didn't see much difference.

I'll reserve judgement until I see actual gameplay to be fair.
Exactly. From a trailer standpoint I was hoping for more. Even the undershirt on Brady still looks painted . Maybe this year Brady will have an actual face scan......

# 66 apollon42 @ 05/12/17 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They may have done some motion capture too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What about that picture makes you think they did motion capture? That's obviously a photoshoot that's why he's wearing his uniform. If they did motion capture, he'd be wearing the black suit with the balls on it. The past cover athletes always came in for photoshoots, they never did motion capture. There's nothing to make you think they did motion capture.

# 67 Speedy @ 05/12/17 01:44 PM
Is this the first year Madden is using the Frostbite engine?

# 68 ampjackson94 @ 05/12/17 01:47 PM
I think the frostbite engine just polished the graphics and lighting. I don't think it changed animations and player models as whole. But I am excited about a story mode. Every time I buy madden I only play it for a month then get bored with it. Hopefully that will change this year.

# 69 roadman @ 05/12/17 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Exactly. From a trailer standpoint I was hoping for more. Even the undershirt on Brady still looks painted . Maybe this year Brady will have an actual face scan......
There is already a post of Brady being scanned by EA.

There is usually negative post on trailers vs once the game hits the streets. I don't see that changing in the foreseeable future. And this is for good reason because of the trailers in the past being different than game later on.

I couldn't tell you at all about the trailer last year as I'm still playing 17 and won't trade it in till August.

The game play is that good for me.

# 70 Dazraz @ 05/12/17 01:50 PM
Can't help but feel the Story Mode will leave the Franchise Mode largely untouched.

# 71 PVarck31 @ 05/12/17 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Is this the first year Madden is using the Frostbite engine?
Yes. So I'm sure there will be plenty of room to grow over the next few years.

Hopefully we at least start seeing tangible benefits this year.

# 72 Speedy @ 05/12/17 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
Yes. So I'm sure there will be plenty of room to grow over the next few years.

Hopefully we at least start seeing tangible benefits this year.
Wonder how the hit tackle registration will be.

# 73 spoofrice11 @ 05/12/17 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntt26
Just give us 2K levels of team creation/customization and it will be insta-buy.

I agree with the earlier comment that the lighting and stadiums look fantastic but he players look exactly the same (body types, uniforms fitting funny, etc)
I agree.

After playing NBA 2K, Madden's customization feels like a PS1 game.
The franchise mode needs to be separate from My player.
And we need to be able to create "our league" how we want it with custom teams, edit draft classes, and more!

# 74 apollon42 @ 05/12/17 01:57 PM
This is why I don't trust that Brady screenshot. This was a screenshot that was supposed to be in game Madden 25.

# 75 scottyp180 @ 05/12/17 02:10 PM
Curious, do people actually get excited for and buy the special edition versions of these games? Seems crazy to me to pay $20 extra for ultimate team content.

# 76 frostbyt @ 05/12/17 02:15 PM
Meh on Story mode unless it can some how start you in the last year of you college career, then do workouts and a combine and then you get drafted. As for the cinematic thing like NBA2K uses...PASS!

# 77 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/17 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Curious, do people actually get excited for and buy the special edition versions of these games? Seems crazy to me to pay $20 extra for ultimate team content.
If it's the only mode you play it makes sense. I pay extra for games that have pre-order incentives that I value. Madden isn't one of them because I don't play MUT but for a lot of people all they play is MUT so it's a good deal.

# 78 Cowboy008 @ 05/12/17 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Can't help but feel the Story Mode will leave the Franchise Mode largely untouched.
I hope not. Franchise is the only mode I play. You would think they would give each mode the same amount of time and attention.

# 79 KennyJ1976 @ 05/12/17 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Did you play FIFA? I've put in 500 hours this year and 650 last year. Animations are 100% different on the new engine. Gameplay is nothing like that it was in F16.
Did I play it? I'm playing it now. Players look the same and run the same. Yes they through a couple of new animations in there but overall, look and movement is similar to previous games. Madden looks to be following the same path. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

# 80 apollon42 @ 05/12/17 02:40 PM
Both of those catch animations shown in the trailer were from 2017. If there was an overhaul, they would've shown something else.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.