Home
Madden NFL 18 News Post

EA Sports has revealed Tom Brady as the Madden NFL 18 cover athlete. The standard edition of Madden NFL 18 will release on August 25 ($59.99), while the G.O.A.T. edition releases 3 days earlier, on August 22 ($79.99).

The team has also released their first Madden NFL 18 trailer. The end of the trailer shows a sneak peek at Story Mode. More details as they come in.

Game: Madden NFL 18Hype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 81 Godgers12 @ 05/12/17 02:47 PM
So does this come with the cheat codes already programmed in the game? Or do we have to purchase from the PS Store?

# 82 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/17 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
Both of those catch animations shown in the trailer were from 2017. If there was an overhaul, they would've shown something else.
Yeah, the Norman-Dez one was in 16 too.

I don't think it's that surprising though. If there was going to be an animation overhaul it would have been part of the feature set. None of the features are anything that require new animations it looks like so the game is going to likely look identical to 17 in terms of animations and player movement. And based on one of those Brady screens of him it doesn't look like the throwing mechanics have changed either so anyone hoping for a drastically different looking Madden in motion are going to be disappointed.

# 83 Brooke2011 @ 05/12/17 02:57 PM
Attachment 135450
This is still a problem. The joints in madden are still inaccurate. This has plagued the game forever. I was hoping the transition to frostbite would alleviate this with better player models.

# 84 apollon42 @ 05/12/17 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Attachment 135450
This is still a problem. The joints in madden are still inaccurate. This has plagued the game forever. I was hoping the transition to frostbite would alleviate this with better player models.

Looks like Popeye

# 85 bigboyc @ 05/12/17 04:28 PM
It will look different with play model movement. The horse walk should be gone because of the engine. That was a legacy issue.

# 86 apollon42 @ 05/12/17 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyc
It will look different with play model movement. The horse walk should be gone because of the engine. That was a legacy issue.

Those animations look the same. The engine just changes the lighting and graphics.

# 87 JZi10 @ 05/12/17 04:41 PM
Well, I know it's the first look trailer, but there is no shooters sleeve on the arm of a player who wore one for the last 15 games of 2016

# 88 bigboyc @ 05/12/17 04:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by apollon42
Those animations look the same. The engine just changes the lighting and graphics.
Wrong. You are judging on a pre-rendered 30 secs clip. Come on......jump to conclusions now.

# 89 bigboyc @ 05/12/17 04:48 PM
They are not going to show everything is a teaser. Get a grip, people.

# 90 reverend_heat @ 05/12/17 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Equipment guys chill out, just remember NONE of the new equipment for Madden 17 was shown until after E3. Feel free to give feedback but just last year we should have learned that these early trailers are not fully indicative of what they added to the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actually the reveal trailer for madden 17 with Gronkowski in it was broadcast on May 12 of last year on Sportscenter well before E3. In that video we saw Revis with the strange full single shooter sleeve. my guess is no mouth guards, mid-forearm bands or proper shooter sleeves again this year. Baked in excuse with the switch to frostbite.

# 91 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/17 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JZi10
Well, I know it's the first look trailer, but there is no shooters sleeve on the arm of a player who wore one for the last 15 games of 2016
They're apparently a "work in progress." Still have visor clips clipping through the middle of facemasks too. I will say that lighting is so much better than M17 though, colors actually look bright and vibrant which is nice. Interested to see what weather looks like in 18.

# 92 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 05/12/17 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboyc
Wrong. You are judging on a pre-rendered 30 secs clip. Come on......jump to conclusions now.
One would think that the developers would want their pre-rendered 30 second clip to look different from the game everyone has been playing since august though. It's a fair point to be frustrated with the teaser. The graphics and animations were literally the same M17

# 93 bigboyc @ 05/12/17 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
One would think that the developers would want their pre-rendered 30 second clip to look different from the game everyone has been playing since august though. It's a fair point to be frustrated with the teaser. The graphics and animations were literally the same M17
Yes...they have done that before. Wait til they do a in-depth reveal.

# 94 jet546 @ 05/12/17 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
... now THAT is what I was hoping madden would look like this year..

No way that is real

I'll never forget this one..
The photo of Tom Brady in game was from M17

# 95 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/17 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet546
The photo of Tom Brady in game was from M17
This one?

Because that's definitely from 18. Madden 17 had the fly-wire collars and this looks like the new jersey template. Doesn't mean it isn't altered though.

# 96 jet546 @ 05/12/17 06:00 PM
I just confirmed with Dustin, it is a screenshot from M18. The helmet/chinstrap threw me off because in the trailer he had his signature (well not signature) chinstrap on, the one he actually wears in real life. In the screen shot it had the regular generic chin strap. Look back at the trailer if you don't know what I mean. But from what I was told he didn't get his new helmet/chinstrap on at the time of that screenshot so it's a old render I assume.

**The chinstrap is only exclusive to TB which kinda sucks cuz many players wear that too, like P. Rivers, J. Winston, T.Siemien and many more but oh well

# 97 SolidSquid @ 05/12/17 06:44 PM
I don't fall for the "in game footage" or "game engine footage" anymore. With the power of the new consoles Ive just been hoping for a plethora of new animations with varying outcomes, obviously this is just a sizzle trailer but the animations are the same as the last 4 years

# 98 SolidSquid @ 05/12/17 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
They may have done some motion capture too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Clearly not mo cap, that's a promo shoot. Mo cap has the guys in the outfit with the little "balls" on them to capture their movement

# 99 apollon42 @ 05/12/17 07:20 PM
Tom Brady's helmet actually sits low on his face how he actually wears it. Thats awesome.

# 100 Madden08PCgmr @ 05/12/17 07:28 PM
Equipment guys.. I just don't get it.

How many busted game issues need work? For a decade now. But you worry about whether an elbow pad is the right length or color?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.