Home
Madden NFL 18 News Post

The trial version of Madden NFL 18 is scheduled to arrive on August 17. For those of you that might still be unaware, EA Access is an Xbox One exclusive, allowing members to try upcoming EA games, for up to 10 hours, prior to release, offering 10% off all EA digital purchases and more. It also gives users access to The Vault, which houses a growing library of EA games subscribers can play as much as they want. Users can subscribe to EA Access for $4.99 per month, or $29.99 for a full year.

Game: Madden NFL 18Hype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 marshallfever @ 05/12/17 02:33 PM
That's awesome. I'll have to renew my EA access membership

# 2 Brooke2011 @ 05/12/17 03:28 PM
Is it available for the PS4 this year

# 3 jmurphy31 @ 05/12/17 04:31 PM
Almost back to the release date of earlier Maddens. It used to come out early August and you had the half the summer to play. Those were the days. play NCAA early July then Madden early August.

# 4 YogiGarebear89 @ 05/12/17 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
Is it available for the PS4 this year
No, it's an Xbox Exclusive

The Apex Predators

# 5 ODogg @ 05/12/17 08:57 PM
I'll be there with bells on....20 hours for me...using my account and my wife's..

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

# 6 Dj_MyTime @ 05/17/17 04:46 PM
Let's hope we don't have the same issues with trials expiring early like last year, aside from that I'm there.

# 7 ODogg @ 05/17/17 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Let's hope we don't have the same issues with trials expiring early like last year, aside from that I'm there.
omg that was a cluster***** wasn't it. hope they don't repeat that performance.

# 8 jfsolo @ 05/17/17 09:42 PM
We're 3 months out, can't wait.

# 9 jbd345 @ 05/17/17 10:34 PM
Never understood why Sony didn't want this. Let me spend my money how I want

# 10 drewst18 @ 05/18/17 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
It's frustrating, it was the show or EA access and the show won but I resent Sony for them being so close minded to think they can determine what their customers want or don't want.

# 11 Junior Moe @ 05/18/17 09:17 AM
Quote:
I don't either. I'm not one for subscription services. I only got access for the early Madden play back when it was introduced. But since then it has become a huge component to my XB1 gaming. I have even gotten into games I otherwise would never have bought like Plants vs Zombies and Mirrors Edge. On top of all that I have the Battfield and Titanfall series to enjoy. Lastly, I get sports games I normally don't purchase or buy sparingly (NHL, Fifa, UFC) for free usually around March of the following year. It's just an amazing value.

# 12 OhMrHanky @ 05/18/17 09:30 AM
Quote:

I think/thought it had to do with Sony having their own 'pay to play' services? So, they didn't want another company offering something similar? Even though it would be for that company's games only. But, I remember people talking about that when ea access first came out. In essence, Sony didn't want to compete between their inhouse game streaming service vs EA. It does seem like they easily could do both, but biz gotta make tough decisions sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 13 ODogg @ 05/18/17 10:31 AM
Quote:
Playstation Now is why. They want to be the exclusive offer for playing games like this. If they allow EA Access then others may follow and their service will be a moot point if people can just go directly to publishers.

# 14 azdawgpound @ 05/18/17 02:04 PM
I was looking on ps4 and saw if u pre order the Goat version u can play the game on 22nd the orig version u can't till 25.

Which to me is odd because most new games are released on Tuesdays not Fridays.

So not sure why it says the 25 for the release date.

# 15 ODogg @ 05/18/17 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I was looking on ps4 and saw if u pre order the Goat version u can play the game on 22nd the orig version u can't till 25.

Which to me is odd because most new games are released on Tuesdays not Fridays.

So not sure why it says the 25 for the release date.
To get you to buy the GOAT version of course. And a lot of games recently have started this Friday release it seems. I'm cool with it as I cannot usually play until the weekend anyways.

Of course I'll be buying the GOAT though, and yes I will make time to play Madden 18 that Tuesday

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.