Home
Madden NFL 18 News Post

GameStop has revealed some more Madden NFL 18 features. Check them out below.

Product Details
Madden NFL 18 takes a significant visual leap with the power of the Frostbite engine. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL gameday come to life in the most photorealistic game to date. Play each matchup to your specifications by selecting from three new Play Styles or play the best real world match ups each week in Play Now Live! With the introduction of even more ways to play, coupled with your favorite modes, Madden Ultimate Team and Franchise, this is Madden like you've never seen before.

New Ways to Play
POWERED BY FROSTBITE Madden Like You've Never Seen Before. See stunning new stadium exteriors surrounded by vast cityscapes and watch the spectacle of NFL game day come to life in our most photorealistic game to date. All-new firework displays, player run-outs and stunning weather elements deliver Madden like you've never seen before. MORE TO COME
PLAY NOW LIVE! Play the best real-world NFL match ups each week! Take the field with your favorite team or play the best weekly matchup using live updates containing the latest rosters, custom commentary and up-to-date stats from NFL.com then continue your season all the way to the Super Bowl from Play Now.

GAMEPLAY
  • Target Passing: For the first time ever, no longer are you tied to throwing at your open wide receiver. Throw to who you want, in the exact spot on the field with all-new Target Passing, giving you, ultimate control over where the ball is thrown.
  • Play Styles: Play the game you want by selecting from three new and unique play-styles catering each matchup to your specifications:
    • Arcade - Action packed excitement filled with spectacular plays and scoring with limited penalties.
    • Simulation - True to player and team ratings using authentic NFL rules and gameplay.
    • Competitive - Your stick skills are key, earn big rewards for your skill or receive bigger penalties.
  • Coverage Assignment: Know your job in pass coverage with an on-screen, real-time UI system informing you of your coverage assignment in pass defense.
  • Coach Adjustments: Customize the AI to fit your game plan and make situational changes to your strategy on the fly as the game demands it.
Favorite Ways to Play
MUT - Build, play, and win with your ultimate team of todays' NFL stars and legends. Madden Ultimate Team (MUT) is the complete NFL team-building mode using your favorite NFL players from the past and present. Play games, collect rewards and upgrade your team with daily, fun and engaging content updates including legendary NFL players exclusively found in MUT. Continuously craft your squad to elite status on the road to building your Ultimate Team dynasty. MORE TO COME
FRANCHISE - Create your Dynasty. Play weekly full game matchups or get through a season quickly by playing as just the offense, defense, or key moments from the game. Grab the reins and control your teams' operations from signing free agents and making trades, to scouting and drafting players, your decisions build your dynasty. Join up with other players and battle through the season in a fully connected league experience. Choose to play and manage your Franchise from your smart phone using the Madden Companion App.

Game: Madden NFL 18Hype Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 9 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 TreyIM2 @ 05/12/17 06:45 PM
First off, info looks a lil scant, for now. Nothing making me go gaga just yet. And I can care less about the story mode not mentioned here but I'll eff with it if I decide I want to try something different....

Secondly, regarding target passing, I'm wondering if they dug up a lil known feature Madden had ages ago on PS1 where, as QB, you would click the R3 button and you would literally get a target on the field that you control with the right stick.
I actually LOVED that back in the day and used it all the time, and wonder if they refined it or it will be the same exact feature.
If it is the same or basically, then hate to say a lie is being told but at the same time, seemed like almost no one even knew it was in Madden years ago when I brought it up before, I believe on here, if not other sites.

# 22 BlackBetty15 @ 05/12/17 06:57 PM
Honestly, I enjoyed Madden 17 enough that if the only thing they implemented was ratings and the styles of play...and made them as they intended which for us sm folks means penalties, mistakes ect...then this warrants my pre order. I might even do the GOAT just because. Everything else is pure bonus and welcome. I assume nothing and take info in stride.

# 23 PVarck31 @ 05/12/17 06:57 PM
If Coach Adjustments goes both ways that could add a lot of immersion.

I want to finally see the AI start to aggressively play the run if I'm cramming it down their throats. Get me out of my comfort zone and make me play chess.

# 24 BlackBetty15 @ 05/12/17 07:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
One thing I'm curious to see if they found a way to make differentiate players more than in years past. I'm definitely think rating system will be the same. But players need to play more like themselves. Before Traits, there were nothing to differentiate players at all. But even Traits was never fully implemented like it should have. NBA 2k has done a great job making players play like themselves with Tendencies. Traits would need to fully implemented. In years past, CPU QB AI would be lethal regardless of QB. Also if AI playcalling has been revised
I am not a fan of the Madden traits portfolio AT ALL. Reason being is the development team hasn't redone the ratings scheme. The way I see it, and ol Clint can't convince me it doesnt...is that traits and the ratings do mix well together. They conflict with each other and this it doesn't make the players play "true to form" which is why we have weird QB play IMO.

# 25 iFnotWhyNoT @ 05/12/17 07:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Interested in seeing how the passing works. If the sliding and warp catches are still there, I won't be impressed.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It should be easy to test this out in practice by purposely placing passes in areas that should make them totally uncatchable and observing if physics defying shenanigans ensue.
The WR/DB interactions and animations shown in the trailer from last year, to me, make it more likely than not sliding and warping will occur, especially when those animations occur. It will be hard to throw to a spot with the Josh Norman on Dez animation triggering and it looking completely natural. Too soon to know for sure but that's my expectation if those animations are still present, the bodies tend to warp together and then the ball warps to the hand.

I'm not a developer but it seems really hard to get rid of all the sliding and warping with so many things going on and and two-man animations occurring at the same time. Hoping for the best.

# 26 UFCMPunk @ 05/12/17 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

GameStop has revealed some more Madden NFL 18 features. Check them out below.

New Ways to Play
PLAY NOW LIVE! Play the best real-world NFL match ups each week! Take the field with your favorite team or play the best weekly matchup using live updates containing the latest rosters, custom commentary and up-to-date stats from NFL.com then continue your season all the way to the Super Bowl from Play Now.
This intrigues me a lot. Sounds like this is the Season Mode everyone has been wanting without all the Franchise responsibilities. This also has me wondering if there is going to be some kind of "Start Today" within CFM where we can start the season within the real actual NFL season.

# 27 BlackBetty15 @ 05/12/17 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFCMPunk
This intrigues me a lot. Sounds like this is the Season Mode everyone has been wanting without all the Franchise responsibilities. This also has me wondering if there is going to be some kind of "Start Today" within CFM where we can start the season within the real actual NFL season.
You beat me to it 😉

# 28 XxKnicksRules215xX @ 05/12/17 07:49 PM
nope nope nope not going to get me this year lol I will be waiting until everyone else played the game and the honey moon is over and were all saying once again this is the same madden it's always been.

# 29 Godgers12 @ 05/12/17 08:12 PM
By that description I don't think coverage assignments is what we all hope it is.

# 30 darknmild @ 05/12/17 08:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
Honestly, I enjoyed Madden 17 enough that if the only thing they implemented was ratings and the styles of play...and made them as they intended which for us sm folks means penalties, mistakes ect...then this warrants my pre order. I might even do the GOAT just because. Everything else is pure bonus and welcome. I assume nothing and take info in stride.
I agree. This is how I feel. I must say I am very interested in this Targeted Passing feature.

# 31 DeuceDouglas @ 05/12/17 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
By that description I don't think coverage assignments is what we all hope it is.

Yeah, the way it's worded makes it seem more like that path assist or running line that they implemented last year than the 'best-on-best' type thing most people would expect and were wanting when you hear coverage assignments.

# 32 ODogg @ 05/12/17 08:21 PM
Targeted passing...like NFL Fever or NCAA Football on the PSX?

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

# 33 illwill10 @ 05/12/17 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBetty15
I am not a fan of the Madden traits portfolio AT ALL. Reason being is the development team hasn't redone the ratings scheme. The way I see it, and ol Clint can't convince me it doesnt...is that traits and the ratings do mix well together. They conflict with each other and this it doesn't make the players play "true to form" which is why we have weird QB play IMO.
Me either. Since it was implemented and never worked on since(besides maybe adding a couple more traits), it has been too basic. There can't just be 3 settings to a trait that differentiate players. Prime example scrambling. Besides obvious QBs, most of the athletic QBs don't really scramble like that unless they have clear space when they need a first down. They use their mobility to extend plays. So to have settings of 'Never, Some times, Often' isn't really accurate.

I agree with your ratings stance. Besides QB ratings, ratings haven't been touched at all since start of PS3/360. I don't like how traits has been implemented. But I think it is important to have individual player tendencies to differentiate players. Like how NBA 2k does. But even with 2k, i don't think badges are necessary. That makes it 3 seperate factors that affect gameplay. Their badges have a bigger impact than ratings. Without certain badges, ratings don't really matter. So with Madden, ratings should affect how well a player does at a certain ability. But it needs something to determine how and when players handle each aspect of position

# 34 quan15 @ 05/12/17 08:33 PM
Seems as if "Coach Adjustments" may be similar to what they had in NCAA.

https://youtu.be/iybu7Aew48k?t=3m8s

# 35 Americas Team @ 05/12/17 08:36 PM
No mention of revamped line play for pass rushing and pass blocking, bummer

# 36 PhillyPhanatic14 @ 05/12/17 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Americas Team
No mention of revamped line play for pass rushing and pass blocking, bummer
Might still be in. That's not something that an average person is going. To see on Gamestop.com and be like "yo imma buy this game cuz of that" which is what all this stuff is. All the good stuff will be in the blogs which should start coming soon. I think we had most if not all of them by EA Play last year.

# 37 jerwoods @ 05/12/17 08:58 PM
sounds like madden 12 but for next gen hopefully they make 32-team cont 1 button

# 38 illwill10 @ 05/12/17 08:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quan15
Seems as if "Coach Adjustments" may be similar to what they had in NCAA.

https://youtu.be/iybu7Aew48k?t=3m8s
That would make a lot of sense. I liked it in NCAA. Could be quicker way to make adjustments on the fly. I hate having to rush to make adjustments pre-snaps. So this could be a good feature. If they could expand on it and even add it on pause menu, that would be great.
Ah I miss NCAA. NCAA 14 was great. I loved the dynasty. If the lawsuit never happened, it would have progressed to one of the top sports games. I can only imagine NCAA on this engine. I would even take a remastered version of NCAA 14 with current game play.

# 39 fballturkey @ 05/12/17 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
[center][*]Coverage Assignment: Know your job in pass coverage with an on-screen, real-time UI system informing you of your coverage assignment in pass defense.
If they don't actually give us custom coverage assignments then the naming of this "feature" is a massive troll on the playerbase.

# 40 Lexicon @ 05/12/17 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
"
Favorite Ways to Play
FRANCHISE - Create your Dynasty. Play weekly full game matchups or get through a season quickly by playing as just the offense, defense, or key moments from the game. Grab the reins and control your teams' operations from signing free agents and making trades, to scouting and drafting players, your decisions build your dynasty. Join up with other players and battle through the season in a fully connected league experience. Choose to play and manage your Franchise from your smart phone using the Madden Companion App."

LOL. Welp........
Dag... not even a "MORE TO COME" at the end of it

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.