Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

Another busy afternoon for Diamond Dynasty mode includes the Ranked Seasons rewards rolling out, a new Event being advertised before beginning tomorrow, and the Set 4 packs being released along with a pack that's tailored to the Event that will be taking place.

The Ranked Seasons rewards affect everyone who played that mode, so it's worth mentioning the release of these rewards began at 3 p.m. EST, and will be continuing for at least a couple hours. This includes the Breakout Paul Goldschmidt for those who made it to World Series rank, and the Francisco Liriano for those who at least made it to the Pennant Race tier -- as well as various other rewards depending on the highest tier you made it to during the first Ranked Seasons. The next season of Ranked Seasons will begin once the rewards have been finished being given out (presumably later today).

The new event is called Advantage: Hitters, and it will run from May 17-24. It is titled as such because it will be right-handed-only batting lineups going up against left-handed-only pitching rotations. The new pack tailored to this event is also up in the Store, and it will run you 4,000 Stubs per pack. The pack includes a guaranteed Legend or Flashback, and any of those throwbacks pulled from the pack will be eligible for the event. The exclusive players for this pack are the Hardware Legend Robin Yount (93 overall), and the Hardware Legend Steve Garvey (88). This 3-inning event will be played on All-Star difficulty, and your team can be as high as 90 overall. The top rewards are a Breakout Joe Carter (89) that you get for 50 cumulative wins, and a All-Star Flashback Andrew Miller (93) that you get for 12-win streak.

The other new pack is the Set 4 pack, which includes exclusive Breakout Legend Cal Ripkin (94), and Breakout Flashback Mat Latos (91).

Finally, some other new cards are now in the game, and they all tie into the new Ranked Season or new Event. These players are All-Star Legend Tony Gwynn (96) that you get if you make it to World Series tier in the second Ranked Seasons, and Impact Veteran Flashback Doug Fister (85) that you get for making it to Pennant Race in Season 2. As for the event, this includes a Breakout Legend Harmon Killebrew (86) that you get for a 9-win streak, and a Impact Veteran Legend Tony Perez (78) that you get for winning at least 30 games during the event.

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 ChaseB @ 05/18/17 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
You can, just won my second Andrew Miller. Wow I'm going to be playing this a lot between now and Wednesday.
Yeah I think I will as well then. I'm 9-0 right now after going 11-2 last time so I have two Killebrews so far.

# 22 mikeq672 @ 05/20/17 12:41 PM
Why does the event not end once you get to 12? Why do I have to intentionally lose to restart it? Does anyone at sds have any common sense?

# 23 SigmundFraud @ 05/20/17 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
Why does the event not end once you get to 12? Why do I have to intentionally lose to restart it? Does anyone at sds have any common sense?

Because people want to see how high their streak can go instead of starting over to make another easy 50k! Yeah right...

Hysterical, it's weird to me that anyone would play more than 12 games unless they're 1 win away from the breakout starters wins or something. You should be allowed to just start over without taking a loss.

# 24 BigOscar @ 05/20/17 02:15 PM
I'm up to 31 wins now so I should hit 50 before the end of the event. Not done any event games before either so that'll get me the Griffey mission as well, along with a long way towards those 33 breakout HR's for the Cruz mission. It's an absolute slugfest though, so many high scoring games. A lot of games I lose just on the game deciding to do the thing where it hates solid green hits and is only accepting just late oppo field HR's, but generally I'm finding it pretty easy. Won a Miller and 2 Killibrews along the way, which is good going as I'm really not very good.

# 25 jake19ny @ 05/22/17 04:40 PM
Nice too see they still have done nothing about the game freezing in the first inning of 0-0 ranked season game that results in me taking a loss....yes that's sarcasm.

# 26 baseballsim @ 05/24/17 03:53 PM
Some stuff I read about matchmaking issues really put a damper on this event.

# 27 SigmundFraud @ 05/24/17 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baseballsim
Some stuff I read about matchmaking issues really put a damper on this event.

I never noticed any issues, what were they? Maybe I just didn't pay attention.

# 28 mikeq672 @ 05/24/17 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SigmundFraud
I never noticed any issues, what were they? Maybe I just didn't pay attention.
If you backed out of the event page after every game, and then went back in, it treated you as if you havent played yet so you could keep playing low ranked opponents all the way through.

# 29 SigmundFraud @ 05/24/17 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeq672
If you backed out of the event page after every game, and then went back in, it treated you as if you havent played yet so you could keep playing low ranked opponents all the way through.

Oh that's what he's talking about. I didn't consider that an issue since it made it easy for me to rake in about 500k.

Kinda slimy, but it probably evens out with all the BR runs I've had destroyed by freezes and queues.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.