Home
Tennis World Tour News Post

(Above screenshot is from Top Spin 4 on Xbox 360)

Bigben and Breakpoint have just announced Tennis World Tour, scheduled to arrive in 2018 on consoles and PC. The experienced team behind the Top Spin license are working on the game and promise it to be an ultra-realistic simulation of the sport.

Read the full press release below, more information is scheduled to arrive during Gamescom 2017.

BIGBEN AND BREAKPOINT STUDIO ANNOUNCE TENNIS WORLD TOUR

Bigben and Breakpoint are pleased to announce Tennis World Tour, the new standard for tennis games, due for release in 2018 on consoles and PC.

In order to make the best possible game and match players' expectations, the studio has brought in an experienced team which has worked on the "Top Spin" license.

Pierre André, Game Designer on Tennis World Tour and former Producer on "Top Spin 4": "For years we've wanted to create a new tennis game, a spiritual successor to "Top Spin 4". Technical evolutions now mean we can create the ultra-realistic simulation that we've been dreaming of."

Benoît Clerc, Director of Video Games at Bigben: "We are proud to give to all tennis fans a game worthy of their enthusiasm. The level of quality, wealth of content and game mechanics will ensure Tennis World Tour is one of the best sport simulations on the market."

This desire to provide a faithful tennis simulation translates into demanding gameplay during rally, a wide range of playing styles and a strategic preparation that influences the course of each match.

In addition to that, Tennis World Tour lets you experience the career of a professional: more than 30 playable tennis stars including Roger Federer, Gaël Monfils, Angelique Kerber, Garbiñe Muguruza and many more.

Game: Tennis World TourHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 41 Alfie @ 10/03/17 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBulls
No insider knowledge but I do remember reading an article a few years back about TS4 "not even selling a million units" or "barely" or something like that. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I do however have "insider info" about the development of TWT and supposedly it's not going too well. I hope it turns around in time for release but I'm not too optimistic unless they delay it.
Disappointing if true

Am really looking forward to a Tennis game on PS4.

# 42 tonybologna @ 10/03/17 06:11 PM
Quote:
No insider knowledge but I do remember reading an article a few years back about TS4 "not even selling a million units" or "barely" or something like that. I'll see if I can dig it up.

I do however have "insider info" about the development of TWT and supposedly it's not going too well. I hope it turns around in time for release but I'm not too optimistic unless they delay it.
How would you have Insider knowledge about this game unless you are actually working on the game/dev or knows someone that's a dev? There is no website to claim anything about this game one way or the other.

# 43 JBulls @ 10/04/17 03:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna
How would you have Insider knowledge about this game unless you are actually working on the game/dev or knows someone that's a dev? There is no website to claim anything about this game one way or the other.
Close .

# 44 tonybologna @ 10/04/17 04:41 PM
Quote:
Close .
Close as in someone helping with the game in some way like testing or something like that maybe?

# 45 Malcolmpordes @ 10/04/17 07:59 PM
Found this recent article:
https://www.tryagame.fr/tennis-world...ew-jacquemain/

It doesn't really say much that we don't already know.

# 46 tonybologna @ 10/04/17 08:40 PM
Here's the reason why I don't think the game has been ditched. The article I posted about this game coming to the Switch was posted on Sept. 13th I believe. That's only been right at 3 weeks ago. If they was in consideration of cancelling then that article wouldn't have been posted about it coming to the Switch.

They now have the game listed for 4 platforms(PC, XBox One, PS4, & Switch) so I still think the game is on. Just a company slow in getting their act together it looks like to me. Now, I would not be surprised to see this game delayed because initially it was scheduled for Q1 2018.

I don't see that happening myself. More like Q2 or even Q3 of 2018 to me. We've got to see a website created for this game at least 3-4 months before it releases so we're not even close right now so I'd say forget Q1 2018 for sure. Thanks.

# 47 Alfie @ 10/05/17 10:27 AM
I find it puzzling that nobody has stepped up to develop/publish a Tennis game on current gen consoles. It's been nearly 5 years since PS4 & XBOne came out and we still don't have a Tennis game for this console gen. Even a simple port from the previous console version would've sold copies given the dearth of Tesnnis games on consoles.

EA not continuing with Tennis is understandable given their focus on team based sports games more aligned to "Ultimate Team" concept where they can earn cash "selling" virtual cards/coins. But can't figure out why 2K dropped Tennis as well. They had the best game on previous gen console in Top Spin 4. All they had to do was port it over to PS4 and XBOne and they would've sold copies as there was no competition. Head scratching to say the least.

# 48 JBulls @ 10/14/17 01:19 PM
Quote:
Close as in someone helping with the game in some way like testing or something like that maybe?
I prefer not to specify further as an attempt to not get anyone in trouble. I am assuming you're asking to trying to gauge the validity of my claim(s)? If that's the case I can't help you lean either way other than to say that I am a tennis fan myself and if you read my first post in this thread you can tell how excited I was about this game to begin with. The last thing I was told (which was a few weeks ago) is that the "development was disorganized".

# 49 Alfie @ 10/15/17 10:25 PM
I wonder what happened to the Tennis game that was being developed by Big Ant Studios (an Australian developer). I had heard sometime back that they were working on a Tennis game which was supposed to release in 2017.

# 50 tonybologna @ 10/16/17 05:50 PM
Quote:
I prefer not to specify further as an attempt to not get anyone in trouble. I am assuming you're asking to trying to gauge the validity of my claim(s)? If that's the case I can't help you lean either way other than to say that I am a tennis fan myself and if you read my first post in this thread you can tell how excited I was about this game to begin with. The last thing I was told (which was a few weeks ago) is that the "development was disorganized".
Bold above. That description is much different than the game being cancelled. I think it was pretty obvious that the team had/has disorganization but you can say that for a select few other games as well. Doesn't mean the game has been cancelled or stopped development. Maybe it's just a bump in road & they are trying to iron things out.

Maybe you're right though & they can't get the development to go as planned & have decided to ditch the game all together. I just know it's weird that the game has no official website available yet so it certainly is strange. Thanks.

# 51 JBulls @ 10/16/17 06:25 PM
Quote:
Bold above. That description is much different than the game being cancelled. I think it was pretty obvious that the team had/has disorganization but you can say that for a select few other games as well. Doesn't mean the game has been cancelled or stopped development. Maybe it's just a bump in road & they are trying to iron things out.

Maybe you're right though & they can't get the development to go as planned & have decided to ditch the game all together. I just know it's weird that the game has no official website available yet so it certainly is strange. Thanks.
I never said anything about the game getting cancelled & neither did the insider, if I implied it I didn't mean to. This is just my speculation but I think the game is either going to release on time and be somewhat lacking overall or they're going to delay it to try to add more content, but I don't think it's going to be cancelled... At least I hope not with so many years of no AAA tennis games

# 52 tonybologna @ 10/16/17 06:32 PM
Quote:
I never said anything about the game getting cancelled & neither did the insider, if I implied it I didn't mean to. This is just my speculation but I think the game is either going to release on time and be somewhat lacking overall or they're going to delay it to try to add more content, but I don't think it's going to be cancelled... At least I hope not with so many years of no AAA tennis games
No problem buddy. I said in one of my previous post that I believe it will be delayed. The original release was set for Q1 2018. I don't think that's going to happen. I'm thinking more along the lines of a 2018 Q3 or Q4 release date myself. Thanks.

# 53 ajs41072 @ 10/24/17 11:55 PM
This article about Xbox One X enhancements https://www.operationsports.com/many...ts-heres-list/ has Tennis World Tour on the list.

# 54 tonybologna @ 10/25/17 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs41072
This article about Xbox One X enhancements https://www.operationsports.com/many...ts-heres-list/ has Tennis World Tour on the list.
The link that you provided will not load up for me. Just sets & spins like it's stuck. Nevermind it finally loaded & I seen World Tennis Tour listed under 10-24-17. I don't know how much stock to put into that date though. It's 10-25-17 & it's not been released on any console/PC.

I would assume they would try & release the game around the same time at least for consoles. There's no website nor much information available for the game so how could 10-24-17 be a legit date? Thanks.

Wait! These are just game titles that are due to receive enhancements for XBox One & not release dates. So, they do have World Tennis Tour listed so that's something positive I guess we can take out of this.

# 55 ajs41072 @ 10/25/17 11:24 PM
Quote:
The link that you provided will not load up for me. Just sets & spins like it's stuck. Nevermind it finally loaded & I seen World Tennis Tour listed under 10-24-17. I don't know how much stock to put into that date though. It's 10-25-17 & it's not been released on any console/PC.

I would assume they would try & release the game around the same time at least for consoles. There's no website nor much information available for the game so how could 10-24-17 be a legit date? Thanks.

Wait! These are just game titles that are due to receive enhancements for XBox One & not release dates. So, they do have World Tennis Tour listed so that's something positive I guess we can take out of this.
yeah, i'm taking a positive out of this in that if they would go as far as to list the game as receiving an enhancement on the new console, a release date can't be too far off. Yeah, I'm sticking with that.

# 56 tonybologna @ 10/27/17 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajs41072
yeah, i'm taking a positive out of this in that if they would go as far as to list the game as receiving an enhancement on the new console, a release date can't be too far off. Yeah, I'm sticking with that.
That doesn't mean a release date is not too far off. Initially the release date was listed as Q1 2018. Even with this enhancement announcement it doesn't mean the game will be out matching that Q1 timeframe.

With all the information I have gathered or lack of information might be a better phrase it's in my opinion the game will not release until Q2 or later. Thanks.

# 57 Thrash13 @ 10/27/17 10:12 PM
I have no info on the subject, but from past experience following game releases like this, I'd guess more like Q4 2018. We have pretty much nothing yet, so this thing is a year off at least. Or at least I hope so. I'd much rather them take their time rather than release a half-finished game just to get close to the original estimated release date.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

# 58 tonybologna @ 10/29/17 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrash13
I have no info on the subject, but from past experience following game releases like this, I'd guess more like Q4 2018. We have pretty much nothing yet, so this thing is a year off at least. Or at least I hope so. I'd much rather them take their time rather than release a half-finished game just to get close to the original estimated release date.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app
Bold above. Agree with you 100%.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.