Home
AFL Evolution News Post

This is a special article from guest contributor and OS user Smirkin Dirk.

Australian football. For us Australians, it arouses passions only seen in love and war. For Americans, it is that weird sport that sometimes makes the Sportscenter Top 10. Greater Melbourne has roughly the same population as greater San Francisco, and we sustain 10 professional teams. The teams average between 25,000-50,000 fans per game, and the TV rights to the league were sold for $2.5 billion. 30 years ago, the league was rooted in suburban rivalries with rotting facilities and creditors kicking down doors. It is now a slick, monetized TV product with indoor dome stadiums, kiss cams and analysts using telestrators.

With one glaring exception.

Video games.

Read More - AFL Evolution: What Is It and How to Play It

Game: AFL EvolutionReader Score: Vote Now
Platform: Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 05/19/17 05:57 PM
I doubt this will be worth the $60 price tag, but I'm gonna give it a shot. My SO is from Australia and took me to a game when I went to meet her family; it's a really cool sport. Maybe this game will help me be able to talk the game with her family a bit more the next time I'm over there haha.

# 2 Fraser G. @ 05/20/17 07:51 AM
I'll have to give this a try.

# 3 JHG90 @ 05/20/17 11:40 AM
Our game is great to watch, but impossible for a low-bidget company to replicate sadly

# 4 tbook24 @ 05/21/17 02:15 AM
I love Footy. This is gonna be hard for a company that doesn't have a money push to properly give this sport love. If they pull this off, I hope they include Port Adelaide's "Never Tear Us Apart" pre-game ritual.

# 5 JayStarr @ 05/21/17 04:13 AM
I have this game and I absolutely love it. I am American and knew nothing about the AFL till last week. If you're a sports gamer, learning about this sport from down under and getting used to the gameplay delivers a very exhilarating experiance. Learn the rules and have some of the best fun you'll find in sim gaming. It's a low budget game but worth the money in supporting these small Indy companies that put out a good product. Amazing work from the people at Wicked Witch. Dive into the world of the Afl. Pick up a new sport to watch. It'll be worth it,

# 6 druez @ 05/24/17 02:26 PM
Is AFL more popular then Rugby?

# 7 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 05/24/17 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by druez
Is AFL more popular then Rugby?
In Australia, yes.

# 8 jesmith29 @ 05/30/17 04:52 PM
When FS1/FS2 showed games, I would record them as they were usually on late. This year they appear to have quit televising them. WTH!

Is this only sold in Australia?

# 9 ImTellinTim @ 06/01/17 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesmith29
When FS1/FS2 showed games, I would record them as they were usually on late. This year they appear to have quit televising them. WTH!

Is this only sold in Australia?
There is a game on FS2 every Friday night.

Also, if you wait until late in the season you can get the pass to stream all games for a big discount. This gives you access to watch any game from earlier in the season as well. Includes all the Finals games too.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.