Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

MLB The Show 17 patch 1.07 is available now, weighing in at just over 47 MB. Check out the patch notes below and post your thoughts. Thanks FL1GHTMARE!

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 JKSportsGamer1984 @ 05/22/17 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornHoller
Fixes below?
Did they fix the issue with the batter & pitchers poly count/lighting tone degrading as soon as the pitcher starts his throwing motion? This is the only issue preventing me from playing this game as it is an immersion killer for me. I've been told that they purposely designed the game like this (which sucks if true), but I've also been told it is a bug that they were able to patch & fix in previous versions. I get the whole thing about them doing it to maintain frame rate (which I'm all for smooth fps), however if this was purposely put in the game, the bigger concern is why are we still having to deal with sacrifices for frame rate with the power the PS4 Pro? I get it for the vanilla PS4 but this should not be happening on PS4 Pro.

I know this may not be a big deal for some & that's fine, but for me it's a distraction that I find myself noticing even when I'm trying not to. I really hope this was fixed so I can enjoy the game.

# 22 MatrixTN @ 05/22/17 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
Created player issue? What was the issue?
Read the update notes, 2nd one.

# 23 Caulfield @ 05/22/17 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
I'm not sure congratulations are in order for 7 patches, this only shows a real lack of QA on their part.
In this day and age I dont think its likely we see any complex game released that doent need a patch/patches. And I wouldnt really look at the number of patches either. but if the Show still needs patching come October then I'll rescind all congrats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
Let's look at it positively...at least they're not leaving us with an unplayable game.
exactly. it would be so easy to just say it is what is and move on to working on 18.
its good to see its not always about the $. kudos to san diego sony.

# 24 Houston @ 05/22/17 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowBack
Created player issue? What was the issue?

Yes you will need to create a new online franchise. I have tested this in a new one and it works now.

The issue was. Read Post #579.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...nchise-73.html

# 25 bcruise @ 05/22/17 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKSportsGamer1984
Did they fix the issue with the batter & pitchers poly count/lighting tone degrading as soon as the pitcher starts his throwing motion? This is the only issue preventing me from playing this game as it is an immersion killer for me. I've been told that they purposely designed the game like this (which sucks if true), but I've also been told it is a bug that they were able to patch & fix in previous versions. I get the whole thing about them doing it to maintain frame rate (which I'm all for smooth fps), however if this was purposely put in the game, the bigger concern is why are we still having to deal with sacrifices for frame rate with the power the PS4 Pro? I get it for the vanilla PS4 but this should not be happening on PS4 Pro.

I know this may not be a big deal for some & that's fine, but for me it's a distraction that I find myself noticing even when I'm trying not to. I really hope this was fixed so I can enjoy the game.
I can still see the lighting/texture quality change - and I'm still glad that it does that for the framerate reasons you mentioned. I get that it's more jarring in some stadiums than others, though.

# 26 Armor and Sword @ 05/22/17 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Players still wear sunglasses at night. Inside the Show says someone broke the all-time hits or stolen base records each day.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
I am not having this bug.

Now....I play as the Yankees and they are the very first game on the 2017 schedule.

This could be (and I am spit balling here) a new "1st career HR bug" but we get this instead.

Out of habit, I make sure I play the first AB of the very first game on the schedule when I fire up a brand new franchise or season mode file.

But this might be it.

# 27 mike24forever @ 05/22/17 02:29 PM
Quote:
I'm not sure congratulations are in order for 7 patches, this only shows a real lack of QA on their part.
Never forget when MLB by 989 would freeze on the PS2 and one solution people said would work was boiling the disc. So, I'll take 7 patches any release cycle.

# 28 underdog13 @ 05/22/17 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike24forever
Never forget when MLB by 989 would freeze on the PS2 and one solution people said would work was boiling the disc. So, I'll take 7 patches any release cycle.
You had to boil the disk?!?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

# 29 bcruise @ 05/22/17 02:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I'd pay money to get rid of the buckshot PCI. I'm probably going to have to go back to pre 1.07 it's that horrible. It's actually distracting and whomever is responsible should be fired.

I'm not being facetious. Seriously - fire that person(s). Each and every person that had anything to do with it should be fired and never permitted to work in the gaming industry again on account of their profound stupidity and general heinousness.
What exactly is it distracting you from? You know, since it's only set to buckshot in the swing analysis window which is long gone from the screen by the time you actually need to concentrate on hitting/pitching.

You can still hit with whatever PCI you want.

# 30 mike24forever @ 05/22/17 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
You had to boil the disk?!?

If you search old forums from OS you will see some of "the solutions". Boiling the disc was one of the solutions. I never tried, I returned many discs hoping to get one to work, maybe I should have!

# 31 Aviator87AC @ 05/22/17 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Can anyone test if the CPU sets their relievers to "ready & waiting" after they are fully warm?
Bump. This is a massive issue right now, anyone know the answer?

# 32 underdog13 @ 05/22/17 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I specifically mean the swing analysis. It's horrendous. Of course I'm being overly dramatic, but in all seriousness it's really quite ugly. I'm actually intrigued as to why it was implemented and more intrigued in if it'll ever be reverted back.
It was implemented because it best represents the pci and how it works. Like it said in the patch notes.

# 33 Armor and Sword @ 05/22/17 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator87AC
Bump. This is a massive issue right now, anyone know the answer?
I will find out once I get home and fire up a game.

Stay Tuned.

# 34 mrCPUgeek @ 05/22/17 03:49 PM
Quote:

I absolutely think congratulations is in order. A video game company that is continually improving a product(yes, fixing what we think are bugs is improving the game) is a great thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 35 redsfan4life @ 05/22/17 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrCPUgeek
I absolutely think congratulations is in order. A video game company that is continually improving a product(yes, fixing what we think are bugs is improving the game) is a great thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2k released just as many patches. Not impressive to me at least. I still think this years game is the worst that they have released in over a decade. It's a very bad game.

# 36 baseball_fever @ 05/22/17 04:23 PM
This game is VERY good right now. Really enjoying it following these last few patches.

# 37 bryanm1982 @ 05/22/17 04:28 PM
I love the game. It continues to even get better after these patches. No offense to the people that are not happy and think it is the worst in a decade. I know to each their own and everybody has their own opinion. But I feel that they won't ever be able to make them happy or make the game the way they wish the game to be.

# 38 Marz929 @ 05/22/17 05:07 PM
Love this game even before the patch...I am loving SDS a whole lot these days...terrific company! Take notes EA!!

Anyways...does anyone know if a created pitcher can have a changeup speed over 84mph??? Thanks in advance (not home to test myself)

# 39 redsfan4life @ 05/22/17 05:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz929
Love this game even before the patch...I am loving SDS a whole lot these days...terrific company! Take notes EA!!

Anyways...does anyone know if a created pitcher can have a changeup speed over 84mph??? Thanks in advance (not home to test myself)
Nope another bug that will probably never get fixed. It's been this way for at least four years.

# 40 nuckles2k2 @ 05/22/17 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
Nope another bug that will probably never get fixed. It's been this way for at least four years.
Wasn't that way for RTTS pitchers last year. I know that for a fact. But I'm trying to get them to fix this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
Are the devs aware that changeups are kind of "broken" (really hate to use that word) for non-SDS players?

Created players' (RTTS & created players from the main menu) changeups are stuck at 84mph, regardless of other pitches in the repertoire.

I've posted it in the bug reports on The Show Nation, but I'm curious if it's gained any traction with the dev team.

I have this video that illustrates the issue, if it helps:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/qgZroV9iYdE

If it's being looked into, or already in the next patch, then thanks bunches. This is kind of a killjoy for me since I can't have the repertoire I want in RTTS.

Thanks for reading this tho.

I'll check to see if it's on anyone's radar...
This is from a PM with WW from Saturday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marz929

It's not fixed, I checked earlier.

Hopefully they get to it soon tho. Fingers crossed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.