Home
MLB The Show 17 News Post

MLB The Show 17 patch 1.07 is available now, weighing in at just over 47 MB. Check out the patch notes below and post your thoughts. Thanks FL1GHTMARE!

Game: MLB The Show 17Hype Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4Votes for game: 36 - View All
Member Comments
# 61 bkrich83 @ 05/23/17 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake44np
I actually love the new buckshot PCI.

I think it looks really good and best represents what they are trying to do with the PCI.

From what they say it's the most accurate representation of the pci.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 62 rjackson @ 05/23/17 07:31 PM
How is the timing on bringing in relievers working? That seems to be a much more important aspect of the patch not being discussed.

# 63 SolidSnake07 @ 05/23/17 08:07 PM
This patch is pissing me off.

Sent from my LG-H631 using Tapatalk

# 64 Speedy @ 05/23/17 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidSnake07
This patch is pissing me off.

How so?

Snake?

...Snake?

Snake!?!?!?!!?

# 65 SolidSnake07 @ 05/23/17 08:49 PM
Just feels different. Not in a good way. Can't put a finger on it.

# 66 bobzyauncle @ 05/23/17 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MannybeingManny
Not sure if if it's my system or the patch but however ever since I installed the new patch I'm getting an error message that says " error CE-34878-0" which causes the game to freeze for a brief moment and than turns the game off. I read on other sites to re-download the game and this would fix the issue which I did and we were able to play the game for hours with no issues or errors popping up. However when the new patch was re-download the error popped up again causing the game to have an error message reading " CE-34878-0" freezes briefly and turn the game off. I was told I should play this game without a internet connection or attempt to initialize my PS4 again. I have a feeling it's this patch or my whole system is screwed , which I just bought yesterday, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scary. I got the same problem on NBA2K17 on my PS4 PRO and thus couldn't play the game anymore. Haven't seen this yet on MLB but this I suspect is some sort of memory leak issue. Do you have a pro?

# 67 adam42381 @ 05/23/17 09:49 PM
Good patch, but Buckshot is hideous.

# 68 Gosens6 @ 05/23/17 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
How so?

Snake?

...Snake?

Snake!?!?!?!!?

Damn you, man. I've been laughing at this for five minutes now.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 69 RyanLeaf16 @ 05/23/17 10:56 PM
Just got an error after downloading the patch: "Cannot start the application. The data is corrupted. Delete the application from the PS4, and then download it again from [Library] on the home screen."

Sooooo...does this mean I'll lose all my progress and stubs, etc?

I've never had this happen before with any game.

# 70 The Chef @ 05/23/17 10:56 PM
I know it wasn't mentioned but has anyone heard any word on the status of fixing wild pitches as well as the catcher showing no urgency when there is one? I looked over my stats tonight and through 61 games I've thrown 83 wild pitches which is ridiculously high. The MLB average is 0.37 per game and here I'm averaging 1.36 per game, or in other words 3.5x more then what it should be. In other words I've thrown approx. 61 more wild pitches then I should have to this point of the season.

I've got my consistency and control at 4 on HOF pitching with classic. I can't imagine dropping those 1 click each would lead to such an influx of wild pitches. The CPU is at 5/5/5 for it's pitching and in the month of June has thrown 4 in 7 games or 0.57 per game, which while high, it's nowhere near the astronimcal level I'm experiencing which has led to me questioning if a simple 1 reduction in control and consistency is making such a huge difference in outcome.

When looking around the league there isn't a single pitcher with more then 4 on the season, I've got 8 guys with more then 4, I've got 3 guys with 10+. I really hope this gets some attention in one way or another.

# 71 bcruise @ 05/23/17 10:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16
Just got an error after downloading the patch: "Cannot start the application. The data is corrupted. Delete the application from the PS4, and then download it again from [Library] on the home screen."

Sooooo...does this mean I'll lose all my progress and stubs, etc?

I've never had this happen before with any game.
No. Save data and game data are seperated, and deleting/re-downloading the game will not delete your save data. And stubs/anything DD related are account-bound, which means that as long as you can access that account, you won't lose them either.

I didn't have any problem downloading this or any other Show patch, however I did have a similar issue with WWE. So I know the feeling.

# 72 jeffy777 @ 05/24/17 05:45 AM
Seems like a solid patch. The buckshot PCI is definitely more accurate, but it is ugly. Perhaps a fading gradient would be better?

# 73 SilverBullet1929 @ 05/24/17 06:41 AM
Can anyone post a pick of this buckshot thing? I've never heard of this ever. What is it?

# 74 stealyerface @ 05/24/17 11:01 AM
First game post-patch, there was definitely a different feel to the game.

Great game, nice pitching line by Porcello, but he was out of energy with 77 pitches through five innings...

The starter for the Rangers was pulled after 5.2 innings, and with 66 pitches.

Now, I did use the daily rosters for this game, so maybe there was something behind the scenes there, but it sure seemed like both starters tired very quickly, and neither had any really stressful innings, if the game actually computes that in the mix.

Other than that, I saw some balls get hit between infielders, saw some bad routes to the ball in the outfield that resulted in extra bases, but overall, I felt like it played a pretty decent game.

I will fire up a test batch with the Hybrid Roster, and see what happens, but other than some anomalies with the pitchers getting tired out early, I had a positive experience.

~syf

# 75 Armor and Sword @ 05/24/17 11:03 AM
Last night, playing in my 2017 Yankees franchise, HOF pitching, All-Star Hitting, I lost 1-0.

Aaron Sanchez (CPU) threw a complete game shutout on 118 pitches.

It was a masterful outing.

Yeah.....this game rocks man.

Everything feels great. I also noticed the CPU base runners not taking off on every dirt ball. They really have to be blocked and roll away for them to now take off where as out of the box it was instant take off regardless of speed rating and where the ball was. This was obviously tuned up a lot since release.

Far better balance than what we had. Perfect? No...but very very playable and not a real issue at all.

The hit variety....and I keep saying it....is unmatched by any previous version of this game. It is a pure joy to hit and field (humanity AI). I still am seeing new animations.....after over 100 games played.

# 76 adam42381 @ 05/24/17 11:14 AM
Not sure if this was patch related, but in my second post-patch game I had an issue where the center fielder wouldn't throw the ball. I play with auto fielding on. A runner was on second base and a fly ball was hit to the warning track. Jackie Bradley Jr. ran it down and made the catch but would not throw the ball back to the infield. The runner tagged from second and scored while Bradley stood there holding the ball in his glove. I ended up losing the game by one run on a walk off.

# 77 Jay16509 @ 05/24/17 05:21 PM
I am also getting the CE error. So I deleted it and am redownloading it now. Hope that fixes it. I don't want to have to reinitialize my PS4. And no, mine is not the PS4 Pro. One of the original 500 GB Models.

# 78 The Chef @ 05/24/17 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Last night, playing in my 2017 Yankees franchise, HOF pitching, All-Star Hitting, I lost 1-0.

Aaron Sanchez (CPU) threw a complete game shutout on 118 pitches.

It was a masterful outing.

Yeah.....this game rocks man.

Everything feels great. I also noticed the CPU base runners not taking off on every dirt ball. They really have to be blocked and roll away for them to now take off where as out of the box it was instant take off regardless of speed rating and where the ball was. This was obviously tuned up a lot since release.

Far better balance than what we had. Perfect? No...but very very playable and not a real issue at all.

The hit variety....and I keep saying it....is unmatched by any previous version of this game. It is a pure joy to hit and field (humanity AI). I still am seeing new animations.....after over 100 games played.
Agreed on everything else but with how many wild pitches I throw, for me, it's definitely an issue that I hope gets addressed on some level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam42381
Not sure if this was patch related, but in my second post-patch game I had an issue where the center fielder wouldn't throw the ball. I play with auto fielding on. A runner was on second base and a fly ball was hit to the warning track. Jackie Bradley Jr. ran it down and made the catch but would not throw the ball back to the infield. The runner tagged from second and scored while Bradley stood there holding the ball in his glove. I ended up losing the game by one run on a walk off.
I had the same thing happen once with Segura, he fielded a routine grounder and stood there with it not wanting to throw for some reason. It only happened that one time however in the 61 games played so I chalked it up as a fluke.

# 79 p00p1 @ 05/24/17 05:48 PM
Hate that the buckshot is always the same color and it has not transparency. If I give up a hit on the corner, the stupid icon covers the strike zone, so I can't tell if the ball was a ball or strike. Maybe I haven't hit anything good yet, but does it turn green when your swing was good, like the old icon did?

# 80 adam42381 @ 05/24/17 07:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
Agreed on everything else but with how many wild pitches I throw, for me, it's definitely an issue that I hope gets addressed on some level.

I had the same thing happen once with Segura, he fielded a routine grounder and stood there with it not wanting to throw for some reason. It only happened that one time however in the 61 games played so I chalked it up as a fluke.
Ok, cool. Glad to know it's not patch related. I'm 102 games into my franchise (quick counts/no simming) and this is the first I've seen it. Just going to chalk it up to a fluke occurrence.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.