Home
NBA Live 18 News Post

Some of the more popular YouTubers were invited to attend a private NBA Live 18 party and posted some quick videos. For the most part, they are video blogs on their experience at the event, along with a few glimpses of action.

We will probably see a few more trickle in throughout the week, so keep your eyes open, as we wait for more announcements leading up to EA Play in June.

JesserTheLazer

DenkOps - Chris Denker

UberYouTuber

Scomo

Game: NBA Live 18Hype Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 201 jadert @ 06/04/17 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellquist
You or others aren't going to tell me what to buy or what to like. I like what I see with Live 18. I don't care about reviews, sales, etc. It's irrelevant. The point of a video game is to have fun, relieve stress, play with friends, etc. If I get what I want personally, why should I care about what you guys think? Some people have higher standards. Some people don't need bells and whistles to make them happy. Some have unrealistic expectations. I want a fun game and I feel this game will be. We will see on June 10 how this game is, so I think its best we hold back until we get more footage.
I don't think I told you what to buy. You are more than welcome to buy Live if you like it. The only problem is if recurring issues and bad sales continue to occur, you may not have a Live to buy at some point. I was on this board a long time when Live was KING of sim basketball. Now it seems more of a niche market for enthusiasts.

# 202 SeaTownGamer @ 06/05/17 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrypotheadd
Not sure how true this is, but I'm hearing rumors that EA put that teaser out to fool us into believing that it's "still the same ole Live" and to eventually catch us off guard and really exceed expectations for EA Play

I highly doubt that. That is lame and stupid if they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 203 lordfr33 @ 06/05/17 01:21 PM
Quote:
Not sure how true this is, but I'm hearing rumors that EA put that teaser out to fool us into believing that it's "still the same ole Live" and to eventually catch us off guard and really exceed expectations for EA Play
Stop it!....

# 204 Gosens6 @ 06/05/17 01:40 PM
Quote:
No need for the tin foil conspiracies, honestly. What we saw in the trailer is what we're getting at EA Play.

First impressions are vital, and it rings true here as well. Why showcase something that doesn't look very impressive, just to risk people being so turned off they don't even tune into EA Play? Wouldn't make a lick of sense.

# 205 FerdBrown @ 06/05/17 08:46 PM
Quote:

If it's not a fact or actionable item, stop creating it. Don't spread so called rumors here. It's a disease.

# 206 TecmoZack @ 06/06/17 12:20 AM
Quote:

No way man.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

# 207 wdh6325 @ 06/06/17 08:10 AM
Not believing that either. One thing I believe is that EA is not good at making good trailers for the live series. Live 14 had an atrocious trailer. Poor Kyrie Irving. Live 15 trailer with Damian Lilliard was lifeless. Yes,it was "different". Live 16 trailer with Westbrook was a little better, but seemed like random clips of "stuff". None of the trailers have ever seemed to put their best foot forward. And have never been a good representation of the final product for the good or the bad. I'm going to buy the game regardless. I'm just a Live head. But I am optimistically hoping that the final product is so much more than the latest 27 second clips of "stuff". I will be at EA Play with fingers crossed.

# 208 TecmoZack @ 06/06/17 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdh6325
Not believing that either. One thing I believe is that EA is not good at making good trailers for the live series. Live 14 had an atrocious trailer. Poor Kyrie Irving. Live 15 trailer with Damian Lilliard was lifeless. Yes,it was "different". Live 16 trailer with Westbrook was a little better, but seemed like random clips of "stuff". None of the trailers have ever seemed to put their best foot forward. And have never been a good representation of the final product for the good or the bad. I'm going to buy the game regardless. I'm just a Live head. But I am optimistically hoping that the final product is so much more than the latest 27 second clips of "stuff". I will be at EA Play with fingers crossed.

Agreed. I think it's just an EA thing. I love Madden but have not really been impressed with the way they put trailers together for the most past. Too many quick glances. I get it but would like to see more. Like (insert player) bring the ball up, do the play call, and make some amazing play happen. That would be sweet. Like real sweet. They could make it look like the play call is in his head. THAT would be cool.

# 209 Mintsa @ 06/06/17 11:56 AM
EA Play is what day again ??

# 210 23 @ 06/06/17 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
EA Play is what day again ??
This Sat-Mon basically

# 211 Mintsa @ 06/06/17 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
This Sat-Mon basically
Thanks 23.

Is this going to be "closed door" NBA Live event ? Or only invited guests who sign NDA's ? Or will we get info, vids, official trailer ?

# 212 WTF @ 06/06/17 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
This Sat-Mon basically
You going to try to make it out?

# 213 23 @ 06/06/17 03:20 PM
Quote:
Thanks 23.

Is this going to be "closed door" NBA Live event ? Or only invited guests who sign NDA's ? Or will we get info, vids, official trailer ?
You have to sign up

Even then you have to get there early to get in from what they say space is limited even with a ticket

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

# 214 23 @ 06/06/17 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
You going to try to make it out?
Yeah ill be there...one more Cali OSer as well the next day.

# 215 Mintsa @ 06/06/17 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
You have to sign up

Even then you have to get there early to get in from what they say space is limited even with a ticket

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
No no, I'm not asking because I want to attend. I'm literally on the other side of the country.

Like what kind of info will the be released to the public ?

Maybe WTF knows, he's snooping around here as we speak.

# 216 23 @ 06/06/17 03:29 PM
Quote:
No no, I'm not asking because I want to attend. I'm literally on the other side of the country.

Like what kind of info will the be released to the public ?

Maybe WTF knows, he's snooping around here as we speak.
I honestly don't know but i believe the games will be hands on.

I'll take my dslr (much better than the nba elite videos lol) if they allow us to record.

Otherwise.they may not since E3 is like the same week.

# 217 Macs Power @ 06/06/17 07:58 PM
I can't remember which EA worker I saw say this but I'm pretty sure EA Play will be live streaming for us non-Americans, so I don't think this is a closed door event

# 218 WTF @ 06/06/17 08:42 PM
It's not closed door, and it will be hands on. It'll be a demo so to speak with a few game modes to check out.

# 219 NINJAK2 @ 06/06/17 08:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Yeah ill be there...one more Cali OSer as well the next day.
Make sure your hidden camera skills are up to par 23 so we can get some bootleg footage..

# 220 TecmoZack @ 06/07/17 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
It's not closed door, and it will be hands on. It'll be a demo so to speak with a few game modes to check out.

Wham! Any word on what time Live will be open to the public?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.