Home
NBA Live 18 News Post

Some of the more popular YouTubers were invited to attend a private NBA Live 18 party and posted some quick videos. For the most part, they are video blogs on their experience at the event, along with a few glimpses of action.

We will probably see a few more trickle in throughout the week, so keep your eyes open, as we wait for more announcements leading up to EA Play in June.

JesserTheLazer

DenkOps - Chris Denker

UberYouTuber

Scomo

Game: NBA Live 18Hype Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 mvb34 @ 05/24/17 03:35 PM
So how is the game play? That is what matters to me!!

# 22 TreJayMMA @ 05/24/17 03:42 PM
I also notice that all the players in the trailer at one point, has their eyes all the way in the backs of their heads, to the point where you only see the whites of their eyes..idk why they wouldn't fix it for at least the trailer...

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

# 23 GudStuffzz @ 05/24/17 03:43 PM
Damn, the animations still have that stiff arcadey feel to it. Was hoping that it'd be smoother and more fluid looking with all the extra time they had to develop the game. Hopefully the 5v5 gameplay gives me something to be excited about. I really want this game to succeed, just so we can have two great options for bball games.

# 24 Jrocc23 @ 05/24/17 04:48 PM
From these videos, most of the moves being pulled off seems to be heavy canned animations. Hopefully that's not the case when you're actually playing and it's not that frequent. Hoping they can make the movements and things more fluid before release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 25 bateman11 @ 05/24/17 05:22 PM
i see a bunch of knee jerk reactions here that don't really make any sense. The animations looked greatly improved to me.

I'm pretty sure some of you have been playing the other game for so long anything that looks different is viewed negatively. It's culture shock.

# 26 StayPlation82 @ 05/24/17 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreJayMMA
I also notice that all the players in the trailer at one point, has their eyes all the way in the backs of their heads, to the point where you only see the whites of their eyes..idk why they wouldn't fix it for at least the trailer...

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk
if the camera is underneath you as you look up at the rim, what are your eyes suppose to look like?

# 27 youvalss @ 05/24/17 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Players bodies look weird like midgets and the same robotic animations. Who the heck is this suppose to be?
Tyson Chandler, of course.

Graphics look nice, but there wasn't a doubt about that. Still need to see unedited 5vs5 gameplay. These short trailers hardly ever tell the real story.

# 28 youvalss @ 05/24/17 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICH72601
Other than the fluidity of movement in Live's games, what always bothers me as that there doesn't seem to be a lot of aggression or purpose when someone pulls off a move. It's like even with a defender on you, the offensive player makes moves like he's practicing in a gym by himself. Of course we all need to see this game running 5v5, not some highlight reel. A lot of time until the game comes out. Hopefully we get more vids. The detail in the faces are really nice (2K take note, fix your muddy faces). Kyrie....please try again, and his body type.
This has been my issue with Live for years. It's like you press the button to do whatever move, and the player tells himself "Oh, ok, I'm performing that move, mmm..ok...sorta..." (Napoleon Dynamite's brother - Kip's voice).

# 29 grodbetatted @ 05/24/17 05:59 PM
Here's one by me

http://youtu.be/0w4KULXPkXg

# 30 ghettog @ 05/24/17 06:30 PM
Not really anything too exciting or bad. I am pulling for NBA Live though. I am tired of the NBA 2k monopoly and micro transactions. Obviously If their is an actual competition between the 2 games maybe 2k and EA won't rip us off as much.

# 31 The 24th Letter @ 05/24/17 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bateman11
i see a bunch of knee jerk reactions here that don't really make any sense. The animations looked greatly improved to me.

I'm pretty sure some of you have been playing the other game for so long anything that looks different is viewed negatively. It's culture shock.

I played both and I can definitely say thay the animation and movements look off....even for trailer...just looked a bit clunky.

The lighting/ resolution looks great though....I always liked how vibrant Live looked...they dulled that down a bit last year and it seems its back up now...

Its OK to crave something different, but its also OK to be honest...some of this stuff they can clean up pre launch.

# 32 bateman11 @ 05/24/17 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I played both and I can definitely say thay the animation and movements look off....even for trailer...just looked a bit clunky.

The lighting/ resolution looks great though....I always liked how vibrant Live looked...they dulled that down a bit last year and it seems its back up now...

Its OK to crave something different, but its also OK to be honest...some of this stuff they can clean up pre launch.

Live will never animate as smoothly as 2k. I think it's time we stop expecting that. 2k smooth animations lead to a lot of frustrating sequences that take the control out of your hands.

It's a matter of preference. I'd rather see 'clunky' animations if it means my players don't get sucked into areas of the court they shouldn't. To each their own, but 2ks smooth animations allow people to look past the issues deeply rooted in the game engine.

# 33 Macs Power @ 05/24/17 06:50 PM
I can understand how younger people who only grew up with 2k would find the gameplay trailer different, and 24, I respect that you've played the beta beforehand, but if you're reading some of the youtube comments you'd see that LIVE again is receiving unnecessary hate. It's definitely getting more love than last time and I think it looks pretty nice. There are definitely signature moves that make me happy. The kids are too used to what 2k looks like that they can't accept an alternative

Do they want the bodies to look the same? I'm pretty sure there was a massive argument about what the competitor did for the last few years

2k has done a lot of the same for the last 3 years (overall gameplay, bar certain areas), and I don't see how people can be overly satisfied except for the the fact that it's been a constant to purchase

Quote:
Live will never animate as smoothly as 2k. I think it's time we stop expecting that. 2k smooth animations lead to a lot of frustrating sequences that take the control out of your hands.

It's a matter of preference. I'd rather see 'clunky' animations if it means my players don't get sucked into areas of the court they shouldn't. To each their own, but 2ks smooth animations allow people to look past the issues deeply rooted in the game engine.
Thank you

# 34 Gramps91 @ 05/24/17 07:17 PM
Personally, I think it looks pretty good. Looking forward to hearing dynasty/association mode features.

# 35 The 24th Letter @ 05/24/17 07:25 PM
Quote:

I dont want Live to be 2k.

Which is the reason I dont feel the need to bring up 2k constantly while in this forum...I would prefer Live to stand on its own two feet....and I'm not going to be complementary of evetything they drop because its 'not 2k'. A lot of people here will be caught in that trap and end up dissapointed if thats their basis.

Yes, in theory id take some clunky animations over suction/unrealistic outcomes etc....but as of right now, thats just a hypothetical...because that wasnt the case in Live 14, 15, or 16....

So ill keep pushing for a game that looks good in motion and plays well...I hope the community does to...

# 36 oneHova @ 05/24/17 07:49 PM
Like I love how everyone sees these leaked videos by YouTubers and automatically believe it's final product stuff. In my opinion I think EA is just letting this leak happen to build hype/speculation for EA Play. Then once EA Play is here I guarantee the game will look like a competitive sim to 2K after. So to me I'm taking this leak with a grain of salt because I believe this is a pre-alpha leak.

Sent from my F3113 using Tapatalk

# 37 Nemesis Enforcer @ 05/24/17 07:53 PM
I'm getting a live 14 vibe from these vids. Wasn't a fan of 14 but apparently there was some better under the hood stuff. Only watched first but thought player models and movement is a step back from 16. Faces are off and Westbrook celebration was way better in 16.
Like the low trajectory ally though, new block and sig stuff. Hopefully they have a fadeaway animation this year.. Either way day 1 purchase for me.

# 38 eko718 @ 05/24/17 07:54 PM
Movement doesn't look great in this vid. Maybe the actual game looks better.

# 39 ch46647 @ 05/24/17 08:01 PM
LOVE the emphasis on ball handler / defender animations/ timing windows / etc.

This is definitely needed in NBA 2K... desperately needed.

# 40 23 @ 05/24/17 08:05 PM
Quote:

Live used to be the game with smoother animations but that's not the point.

The awful clunky jerky unrealistic spastic robotic movement is unacceptable in 2017 and one of the main reasons this game has cancellation and delay issues.

Nobody has to even bring up 2k. There are plenty of 60 dollar video games that perform this very well and you can't keep making excuses for a sports game that has failed multiple times if you expect anything to get better.

It has nothing to do with control either..what they don't need is any dishonest feedback because someone wants their game to be good.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.