Home
Tennis World Tour News Post

It's been a long time coming, but it seems like we might finally get a Top Spin successor on current-gen consoles. Tennis World Tour is set to be formally introduced at Gamescom 2017 in August, and I'm very excited about it.

I have owned every Top Spin that ever existed, as well as a temporary venture into Virtua Tennis 4, which had better graphics but was nearly unplayable by comparison. With that being said, I feel like Top Spin set the standard in being able to translate tennis to video games. I kid you not, my youth tennis coach noted that my decision making started to improve on the court as I played the game more.

Read More - Tennis World Tour Set to Join Next-Gen

Game: Tennis World TourHype Score: Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 0 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 EazyT @ 05/30/17 11:32 AM
Fight Night

# 2 Eyeman79 @ 05/30/17 11:38 AM
Yes it has been way to long for a new tennis game. My only concern is Big Ben. These are the ones who are behind Handball 16 & 17 As well as Rugby 15. These games are not well known in this country but trust me they are awful ! In addition their games are poorly supported as far as updates and patches. 2018 is a long way off so we can hope for the best.

# 3 pslieber @ 05/30/17 03:10 PM
Egads - good catch, Eyeman. I was excited...until I read BigBen. Hope you're right...

# 4 stocksy @ 05/30/17 03:51 PM
Yeah Big Ben and sports games.... ugh just ugh.

They did the rugby World Cup game too.... half licensed mess

# 5 Pipito @ 05/31/17 04:32 AM
Let's give some credit to the technical partner behind the game, Breakpoint Studio. My respect to the people who created Top Spin 4... Producer, game designer,...

I prefer thinking about what Breakpoint Studio can do than in what Big Ben has done. If I`m not wrong, Big Ben's role in this case is just publishing. Let Breakpoint Studio do what they know.Thanks for both Studios. I've been waiting for many years a tennis game and we have it ... just a few months ahead...

# 6 stocksy @ 05/31/17 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipito
Let's give some credit to the technical partner behind the game, Breakpoint Studio. My respect to the people who created Top Spin 4... Producer, game designer,...

I prefer thinking about what Breakpoint Studio can do than in what Big Ben has done. If I`m not wrong, Big Ben's role in this case is just publishing. Let Breakpoint Studio do what they know.Thanks for both Studios. I've been waiting for many years a tennis game and we have it ... just a few months ahead...
I agree with Pipito but my main issue with Big Ben is that they clearly rush the games out and then offer no support (each patch costs money - and they said in forums before they wouldn't pay sony/Microsoft to patch their titles I believe).

They really are all about the money... how can you have a Rugby World Cup game and not get licenses for all the teams... there are only 20 teams in it! You have a rugby game based on a Tournament and not get all 20 licenses... to be fair its bad enough that the game was only based on the World cup!

It'll be the little things thatll hold this title back...

To the OP I am surprised you didn't mention Grand Slam Tennis 2... that game did many many things right... Player Share and licensed Tournaments being 2... the game play was very good too in my opinion, for me its right up there with Top Spin.

# 7 Thrash13 @ 05/31/17 10:15 AM
I'm definitely looking forward to seeing this one in action soon! Like others, I've been waiting for a few years now for a tennis game on this generation of consoles. I'm always a little skeptical of a completely new sports game, but I'm hopeful!

# 8 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 05/31/17 01:30 PM
Been waiting for a tennis game for awhile...hopefully this one will be good. I miss the Topspin games a lot.

# 9 TerryP @ 06/21/17 06:57 AM
Not a big Tennis gamer, but did enjoy TS4, so looking forward to see what they can do on current gen.

# 10 MJWizards @ 06/21/17 05:49 PM
Cant wait to see roster and screenshot!

# 11 pizzaprosciutto @ 07/04/17 03:31 PM

# 12 eugreene2 @ 07/11/17 06:25 PM
Loved that interview. I'm not worried about licensing of the slams. You can have that and play is wack. Get the gameplay right. If the goal is 30 stars, get good ones on both the men & women's side. You've gotta have Serena & Fed. Would also be cool though if they let us edit the rosters. We could create our own ATP/ WTA tour.

# 13 jd@os @ 07/12/17 08:07 AM
Any word if it will be available for last gen consoles?
And will it have players from the past as Topspin 5?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 14 Splitter77 @ 07/12/17 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugreene2
Loved that interview. I'm not worried about licensing of the slams. You can have that and play is wack. Get the gameplay right. If the goal is 30 stars, get good ones on both the men & women's side. You've gotta have Serena & Fed. Would also be cool though if they let us edit the rosters. We could create our own ATP/ WTA tour.
hopefully they have fake names for the other players, so you can at least have a 128 player grand slam.

# 15 Alfie @ 04/17/18 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Watch a gameplay video. This wouldn't even be a top spin 1 successor with how pathetic it looks.
It's unfortunate that the best Tennis game out there (Full Ace Tennis Simulator) is a PC only game and the ones we are getting on consoles are shyte (AO Tennis) or potentially crap (Tennis World Tour).

# 16 nicols @ 06/04/18 06:54 PM
So.. a french website just posted a story about TWT with a quote from BigBen boss admitting it was only like 20% finished a few weeks before release and going onto say he's not worried as they will patch it up and release an updated version... but they will make a profit on the 500K copies released as they are non returnable at retail (I'm paraphrasing from a google translate version) - if that's true, it's a pretty poor show by BigBen

(I heard via JohnnyDGaming's live stream)

I can't post a link as I don't have enough posts yet - check out Johnny's youtube stream for more details

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.