Users Online Now: 1886  |  March 29, 2024
ospreywill's Dynasty Blog
Hoop76 - A 76ers Blog "Talkin' About Practice Since 2013" 
Posted on January 18, 2015 at 01:51 PM.
SIXER GM GRIFFIN HAS HIS WORK CUT OUT FOR HIM

by Drew Stone

Tyler Griffin has had tougher jobs than his current one. "My first job was a summer job painting homes in Denver," said Griffin. "We would have to get on roof tops in 95 degree weather and the roof would get so hot that it felt like your shoes were melting." With apologies to his summer time gig, his current job may prove to be a tad more difficult. While he may not have to climb heights to paint an attic, he will surely have to get down and dirty to get the 76ers out of the NBA basement. "I realize that it will not be an overnight fix, but we do have some players with a ton potential and that is enough to get me excited about where we are headed," exclaimed Griffin. He specifically mentioned the tremendous upside of young post players Joel Embiid and Nerlens Noel as well as the talent of point guard Michael Carter-Williams. With the acquisition of David West, Griffin feels that he will provide that veteran leadership and be a role model to Embiid and Noel. However, if you spend any time with Griffin you will soon find out that he is a realist. He didn't sugarcoat his expectations of this years edition of the Sixers. "We hope to be competitive every single game. I understand that we will take lumps, but I do believe that you can learn more in a loss than in a win," said Griffin. "Yet I would love not to learn as much as we have in previous years." Owner Terrence Gambin has repeatedly said that he has hired the right man for the job. "I believe in what Griffin can do for this city and Sixer fans around the world," said Gambin. "He will roll up his sleeves and accomplish what many think to be impossible." He must because if he doesn't, Sixer fans can make his new job so uncomfortable that he will need to get back on top of a roof to avoid the angry mob.

Drew Stone is a guy from Pennsylvania who writes the things you just read. One of his childhood memories is betting a friend that rookie John Salmons would have a better career than Kobe, and he feels validated that at least Salmons is still in the league. Follow him on Twitter at …

@madeagoestodrew
Comments
This entry has not received any comments yet. You could be the first to leave one.

ospreywill
ospreywill's Screenshots (0)

ospreywill does not have any albums to display.
ospreywill's Friends
ospreywill has not made any friends yet.
Become ospreywill's first friend.

Recent Visitors
The last 10 visitor(s) to this Arena were:

ospreywill's Arena has had 27,403 visits