Home
Strategy Guide
Madden NFL 10: Dream Wildcat Scenario

This article is part of an ongoing Madden NFL 10 Strategy series provided to Operation Sports by Askmadden.com. Be sure to check them out for more great Madden Strategies!

The Jaguars have been reported as saying they would consider drafting Tim Tebow in the first round. However, it's another team in Florida that could really use Tebow for its Wildcat formation.

My Dream Wildcat

Tim Tebow
Ronnie Brown
Pat White

How I Would Run It

Tim Tebow takes the snap out of the Wildcat formation. Ronnie Brown assumes the role of the play-action running back, either taking the handoff or being used for the fake. Pat White lines up at the wide-receiver position opposite of the side Ronnie Brown starts on (where Chad Henne sometimes lines up).

The Basic Options

1. Tim Tebow play-action run
2. Tim Tebow play-action pass
3. Ronnie Brown run
4. Ronnie Brown pass after receiving the handoff
5. Ronnie Brown accepts handoff and hands off the Pat White on a reverse
6. Pat White accepts handoff from Ronnie Brown and looks to pass
7. Ronnie Brown accepts handoff and hands off to Pat White who then throws back to Tebow who then in turn looks to pass or run

The options are endless...

What Madden Needs To Do To Fix the Wildcat in Madden 11

One of the problems halting my dreams from coming true is that all of the options I just listed are not possible in Madden because of all the restrictions on the Wildcat. So this is what Madden needs to fix to make the Wildcat actually be the Wildcat:

1. Be able to scramble from a pass play. That is how Ronnie Brown does it in real life -- he scrambles to the left and then makes a pass.

2. Use the QB that is lined up as a WR. We have seen it on Sunday -- the ball ends up back in the hands of the quarterback who then attempts a pass. We have also seen this from Chad Pennington. There are no plays in Madden 10 that allow this to happen.

3. Give us the ability to create our own plays. Why was this taken out? We used to be able to create our own plays and playbooks. Bring this option back so we can create creative offenses like the Wildcat or make our play variations within current formations.

The Bottom Line

My dream is that the Dolphins will draft Tim Tebow, giving them a ridiculous amount of options out of the Wildcat. In addition to being fun to watch on Sunday, it would be great to be able to run the Wildcat in Madden 11. Unfortunately, there are two problems:

1. The Dolphins will probably not draft Tebow (I can live with this).
2. I am worried EA developers will not do what they claim they want to do -- make a game where whatever you see on Sunday is what you see in the game. The Wildcat is useless unless it can be run like it is on Sunday. So what that means is NO RESTRICTIONS. Until there are no restrictions, my dream will remain a dream.

Madden NFL 10 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Blackout863 @ 01/07/10 01:30 PM
the reason why none of this will be available is because they have seen how the wildcat was abused this yr. that in theory would be great, but with the amount of cheesers that do bs and exploit online this wont work. i love ur idea but because there is big chunk of users that cheese and exploit just wont happen.

# 2 stylezgwhite @ 01/07/10 02:42 PM
For that to work Tebow would have to be a FB/TE. #3 QB can't play.

# 3 Cryolemon @ 01/07/10 02:49 PM
It would work better if one of Tebow or White was right handed, that way you could have one in each slot with Brown taking the snap, that way they could run the trick plays either way.

Anyway, I personally doubt the wildcat will be in Madden 11 at all because of all the complaints about it this year.

# 4 bigsmallwood @ 01/07/10 04:56 PM
I really hope they take the silly restrictions off the Wild Cat......its supposed to be Wild for a reason!

# 5 Pacman83 @ 01/07/10 05:47 PM
The Wildcat will remain unchanged next year. They wont unleash it because of online....and you cant dilute it much more.

But like the poster said below me, they should only have it offline...kinda like Fair Play rules.

# 6 MrOctober430 @ 01/07/10 05:48 PM
The Wildcat should be disabled online.

I traded for Tim Tebow in my Madden franchise just to use him for the Wildcat. I did the same for Michael Vick.

# 7 Cryolemon @ 01/07/10 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOctober430
The Wildcat should be disabled online.

I traded for Tim Tebow in my Madden franchise just to use him for the Wildcat. I did the same for Michael Vick.
I personally don't think anything should be disabled online, they should just be able to write defensive AI that can deal with it.

# 8 jwn0303 @ 01/07/10 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stylezgwhite
For that to work Tebow would have to be a FB/TE. #3 QB can't play.
not true.. you just have to put the 3rd qb on the active roster instead of just having him in that emergency slot

# 9 stlstudios189 @ 01/07/10 10:13 PM
online cheeseers should have no effect on my gaming offline darnit

# 10 Evan_OS @ 01/08/10 01:49 AM
In my Titans franchise i run MIA playbook , and i personally like the wildcat, i try to control my self so i run it only 4 or 5 times a game. But on defense , i have a hard time trying to stop wildcat >.<. The not being able to scramble with ur wildcat QB on a pass is a crime for sure.

# 11 yoyoma @ 01/08/10 06:33 AM
It would be tough because they are all left-handed, I believe.

# 12 Swingking77 @ 01/08/10 07:40 AM
The problem is the D AI. It shouldn't be an issue if guys run the play. The AI should addapt to plays you pick... If you pick the same play over and over again, by the 3rd/4th time you pick it, the CPU should have it on lockdown... (Maybe make this depent on coaches abilities) It really doesn't matter what formation you pick against it either since it's pretty much a running play (save for the one pass option)... It's too bad that online ruins the entire game... I don't even play online anymore because there are SO many things that are exploited this and every year... To have a broken and exploitable portion of the game ruin a offline/core portion of the game is a shame... Stop the online bias EA... Stop it now!

# 13 shavane @ 01/08/10 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I personally don't think anything should be disabled online, they should just be able to write defensive AI that can deal with it.
If they fix the D instead just creating patches that handicap the offense the wildcat wouldn't be considered cheesy. Personally I like the WC...I don't use it but I love seeing it on Sundays and I even like playing against it. The problem is EA takes all the suggestions from online play and trys to correct only these problems. The approach they take makes no sense like the people abusing the flats instead of correcting the D to cover the flat better they have the back hesitating for an insane amount of time before slipping into the flats. This made every cheesy nano blitzers day because they could nano all day and that was one less counter for it. I don't like to abuse the flats but if I'm playing some cornball that wants to nano blitz me I will definately abuse the flats until they stop. The WC I don't even know what they did to that but its completely broken now and its no fun because of the restrictions placed on it. Its very basic, QB can't scramble which is a big part of passing out of the WC, and I hope they expand on it next year.

# 14 Cryolemon @ 01/08/10 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shavane
If they fix the D instead just creating patches that handicap the offense the wildcat wouldn't be considered cheesy. Personally I like the WC...I don't use it but I love seeing it on Sundays and I even like playing against it. The problem is EA takes all the suggestions from online play and trys to correct only these problems. The approach they take makes no sense like the people abusing the flats instead of correcting the D to cover the flat better they have the back hesitating for an insane amount of time before slipping into the flats. This made every cheesy nano blitzers day because they could nano all day and that was one less counter for it. I don't like to abuse the flats but if I'm playing some cornball that wants to nano blitz me I will definately abuse the flats until they stop. The WC I don't even know what they did to that but its completely broken now and its no fun because of the restrictions placed on it. Its very basic, QB can't scramble which is a big part of passing out of the WC, and I hope they expand on it next year.
The annoying thing about the lack of scrambling is the fact that the actual play where Brown fakes the handoff to Williams and throws to the TE is actually a designed rollout!

# 15 StormJH1 @ 01/08/10 11:00 AM
Two things, first, no way the Miami Dolphins are wasting another high round draft pick on yet another quarterback. Henne was a 2nd, I believe, they drafted White as a Wildcat luxury, and now they're going to bring in Tebow too? I think the OP is hopeful Florida homer.

Two, I don't want hear about removing features or entire packages because they encourage cheesing ONLINE. In the real NFL, I heard a stat that Wildcat formation plays average about 5 yards per play. If running the Wildcat in a videogame results in more lopsided results, that's a programming/A.I. issue, and it means they need to fix that part of the game...NOT restrict which players you throw in the damn formation.

# 16 JMD @ 01/08/10 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
I agree. What happen to the "If you see it on Sundays" Term EA was using? If the Wildcat is going to be in the game, then it can't be limited by programming that delays the action and slows the play down. Defenses can defend it in the NFL so they should be able to in the game. I've noticed some teams are using the Option play also Titans and Chiefs to name 2, that should be in the game as well.

# 17 pietasterp @ 01/08/10 03:29 PM
I finally give EA another chance (though involuntarily), and they pull this stunt...why break the Wildcat on purpose? That is just the laziest, most inane reaction to a vocal minority I've ever seen. If they were going to do this, why not give us the option not use this patch in online play (if both parties agree)? So now because a few guys hate the Wildcat, we all can't use it? Only EA would think a solution to a "problem" would be to just strip functionality from their already limited game....

# 18 IceNHL @ 01/08/10 04:37 PM
As a Dolphins fan, if we blow a draft pick on Tim Tebow for the sake of the Wildcat, ill vomit.

We need LBs, DBs and WRs. And with Henne coming into his own, the last thing we all need are more gimmicks. This is written like Pat White actually was an effective option this season (couple of good plays, but mostly useless).

As far as Madden, i dont mind if they 'put chains' on the wildcat in the game. If they let you do anything you wanted, online matches would become unplayable. Running the wildcat NOW is over-exploited in online play as it is.

# 19 Reaman @ 01/08/10 09:39 PM
Tim Tebow is perfect for the wildcat. And no where else.

# 20 mjd3221 @ 01/09/10 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Titan
where was it reported that the jags have interest in drafting tebow in round 1?
It wasn't. Our owner just said we would take a look at him, like every other player, and the media went crazy with "ZOMG, Tebow will be the savior" ****. Our GM has said he will draft best player avalible as he has been doing, and I highly doubt that will be Tebow in the 1st. Our franchise player, MJD, was asked about it, and he was clearly pissed off at the question. It's just the media looking for a story, and they love Tebow. The only person who has said we should draft Tebow is the governer of Florida, who I hope has no impact on our draft picks.

On topic, yeah, the one place Tebow would be good at would be Wildcat, espeicallly in Madden.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.