View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 08:34 AM   #44
Kodos
Resident Alien

Part of it definitely could be that I don't like the spread offense (IU runs it, but I chose another playbook because I like a variety of formations like the I, Strong, Weak, etc.) Another problem for me is that on my standard def TV, underneath roots often end up off of the screen for me, which makes a passing game based on them tougher to defend. I can't see if a guy is being covered or not a lot of the time, especially on screens.

I'll agree with Wade -- you may roll out, or drop back, more than you realize. I just could never get to you before someone underneath opened up. It didn't matter if I sent blitzers or sat back in coverage, or if I switched between man or zone coverages. Nothing allowed my guys to cover long enough where we'd get adequate pressure on the QB to disrupt things.

It'd help if the game was stronger at covering underneath roots, or if QBs were punished more for leaving the pocket or throwing on the run. Or if the pass rush worked. A large part of the problem is the game itself.

Anyhow, I don't want this to be a witch hunt or anything. It just reminded me of how most random people play online, so maybe I'm just more averse to that style of play than others. I don't want to hurt someone else's enjoyment of the leagues or the tourney.