View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 04:40 PM   #40
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
I managed to pull a win out of my ass against my rival this week. Michigan State showed up ready to PLAY today and I'm lucky as hell to have won this game. My fast but rediculously innacurate QB threw 4 picks and I had to completely abandon the passing game in the second half. I was down by 2 TD's to start the 4th quarter, and wound up tying it up with about 3 minutes left. Michigan State charged back down the field though and scored on a 1 yard run with about 40 second left in the game. My stud Wideout took the ensuing kickoff to the 30, broke one tackle, found a lane, and took off outrunning the entire MSU special teams for a 100 yard Kickoff return to tie it up with almost no time on the clock. In OT we traded touchdowns, in double OT we traded field goals, and in TRIPLE OVERTIME I picked their QB off after sacking him on first down. A few runs up the gut later I was banging home my game winning field goal to bring the Land Grant trophy back to Happy Valley. I had the last of my recruits visiting in this game, and it got a 1600+ score so hopefuly that was exciting enough to land some hard signs. No more games for me until my bowl game.

Cool. A close scrape with MSU ought to help keep us ahead of you in the BCS standings.