Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-26-2008, 11:29 PM   #1
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Baltimore Submiting Nickname change and a new stadium

The city of Baltimore is proud of it's heritage.
The city as a whole stuggled following WWII and well into 50's. Unemployment was up, and so was the crime rate. The housing situation was brutal and city moral was at an all time low.
This began to change however in 1961 when it was announced that the city was awarded a franchise in the newly formed FOOL baseball league.
Baltimore became a baseball town! Townsfolk had a reason to wake up in the morning, something to help take their minds off of thier troubles. The ballclub rallied, and so did the city. With improved moral, the standard of living improved...as the ball team won game after game, the city itself picked it's self up, and dusted themselves off. It's safe to say, baseball resurected the city....the name of that team, the Baltimore Gothams.

Now Baltimore is thriving! Jobs are plentyful, crime is down and the city is expanding at an amazing rate. Recently newly elected mayor Tim Bonefante has announced a $750,000,000 budget surplus. With this surplus, he wishes to honor those who are responsible for saving the city by building a new state of the art stadium in the formerly troubled downtown.
With the leagues approval, construction of Gotham Field, will be started immediatly and should be completed for the start of the 1978 season.
Of course, a team called the Terrapins playing out of Gotham Field just doesn't seam right...So we will be petitioning the league to allow a name change, renaming the Baltimore Terrapins the Baltimore Gothams...in honor of the champions of the 1st two FOOL championships.
Should this deal be approved, the stadium would have the following configurations....

It will be an spacious open stadium, with a grass field. A seating capacity of 40,000, which is 5000 more then Terrapin stadium which has had sellouts several years straight.

The settings will be as follows:

AVG Overall: 1.1
AVG LHB: 1.05
AVG RHB: 1.15
Doubles: 1.15
Triples: 1.15
Homeruns Overall: .975
Homeruns LHB: .970
Homeruns RHB: .980

Wall (Distance/Height)

Left Line: 335 ft/10 ft
Left Field: 365 ft/10 ft
Left-Center: 405 ft/10 ft
Centerfield: 430 ft/10 ft
Right-Center: 405 ft/10 ft
Right Field: 375 ft/20 ft
Right Line: 345 ft/20ft

FOOL- Leduc Bullets

ekcut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I really like this switch, actually! I'm excited for the logo change!!!

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-26-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #3
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I like this too.. going back old school!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:31 AM   #4
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I don't know. This stadium seems a little much like the Wind Tunnel. Get yer own damn stadium!

Looks great. Glad to see the Gothams are back.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:41 AM   #5
muns
Pro Starter

I also like the name change back. History is wonderful. Hope the old magic comes back as well.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 02:08 AM   #6
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

You wanna end this year as the Gothams or to have it be official next year? Technically, if I make the change before the end of the Classic, they end this year as the Gothams.

I'm working on a revised version of the old Gothams look, right now. The new look will incorporate the colors of the Baltimore city flag. The old logo was haphazard and not very good. The new one will be slick and professional, while incorporating the elements of the old one, including the old Baltimore B.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-27-2008 at 02:09 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 02:18 AM   #7
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Lets bring the Gothams back in '78....Let the Terrapins have 77.

The logo sounds slick...can't wait!

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 09-27-2008, 02:40 AM   #8
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

The old Gothams typeface is back. But the colors got an upgrade to the most unique color scheme in FOOL. The red comes from the Maryland state flag, the black and yellow, from Baltimore's flag. The old Gothams wore blue and a different shade of that red, this team stays true to their home roots in the new outfit. That's the road alternate jersey.

The home jersey is here:

The Gothams have ALWAYS worn pinstripes. It's why the Terrapins had them and so, there was no way I could dispense from the tradition now. The pinstripes were originally blue, swapped to black when the name changed and now, they bear the Maryland red.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-27-2008 at 02:40 AM.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:52 AM   #9
ekcut
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post

The old Gothams typeface is back. But the colors got an upgrade to the most unique color scheme in FOOL. The red comes from the Maryland state flag, the black and yellow, from Baltimore's flag. The old Gothams wore blue and a different shade of that red, this team stays true to their home roots in the new outfit. That's the road alternate jersey.

The home jersey is here:

The Gothams have ALWAYS worn pinstripes. It's why the Terrapins had them and so, there was no way I could dispense from the tradition now. The pinstripes were originally blue, swapped to black when the name changed and now, they bear the Maryland red.

They look like Champions to me!! Well done

FOOL- Leduc Bullets
Old 09-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #10
Anthony
Banned

can i change my stadium too or do i have to have x amount of money?
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 11:05 AM   #11
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
can i change my stadium too or do i have to have x amount of money?

Yes, you can.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:10 AM   #12
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This might be helpful, as it provides more accurate factors for the ballpark based on dimensions as opposed to just making them up.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Ballpark_Generator.xls (84.5 KB, 7 views)