Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-24-2011, 09:32 PM   #201
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
Sad to me that such an obviously correct move, both morally and logically, legitimately evokes this response.

This should not be a debate. We should not be celebrating miniscule victories. Gays should be allowed to marry and there shouldn't be fanfare about it. There is no discussion to be had, it should just be.

I 150% agree. But with how it's been over the years, unfortunately the "powers that be" don't agree. At least not enough of them at this point. It really is sad it has to be such a deal in the first place.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 10:10 PM   #202
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Sad to me that such an obviously correct move, both morally and logically, legitimately evokes this response.

This should not be a debate. We should not be celebrating miniscule victories. Gays should be allowed to marry and there shouldn't be fanfare about it. There is no discussion to be had, it should just be.

As long as they are subject to all the same laws (divorce, custody, ect.) of heterosexual marriages, I'm all for it.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 11:36 PM   #203
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
As long as they are subject to all the same laws (divorce, custody, ect.) of heterosexual marriages, I'm all for it.

And there is no reason they shouldn't be.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 12:12 AM   #204
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Huzzah! But why this in a California thread?
Old 06-25-2011, 04:00 AM   #205
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

A-fucking men. I went to read NRO and saw some self-righteous horseshit about the liberal agenda. Apparently, you can't have a vote on issues either - its not about victory through the judicial path (activist judges!!!) or the legislative one (should have prevented the vote!!!). It comes down to a bunch of old farts whose bigotry and idiocy will be a mark of shame, just as civil rights is for many today.

I chuckle to myself knowing that the likes of Bubba Wheels and SFL Cat have to quaking in their beds tonight, now that "Gay men" can force them to marry them.

Last edited by Crapshoot : 06-25-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 09:56 PM   #206
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

No idea his political history so for all I know he may be a piece of shit, but really liked seeing this.

Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:11 PM   #207
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Spends half the time talking about all his so called research and fact finding. Yet he breaks it down to the standard "I'm religious and I hate the gays", but "I need to be logical and fair".

I don't want to rag on a guy making the right choice, but I do find this a bit humorous(with face firmly in palm). I think I'm really wanting someone from the anti-gay marriage side to actually make an even remotely legitimate point to back their view that doesn't find it's roots in religion. I'm not sure one exists though.

So I'll just continue to be madly disappointed in people.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2011, 10:54 PM   #208
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Sure, he did say "im catholic" a few too many times, but I think he could have easily voted no and got on with his day.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:45 AM   #209
MrBug708
Head Coach

MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote