Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-17-2011, 10:44 AM   #601
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I'd just do the drastic step if he's out. Otherwise odds are he's the best choice.
Old 11-17-2011, 11:21 AM   #602
sooner333
College Starter

I'm kind of the opposite. Ball with McGahee looming or a banged up Wells vs. the 49ers defense on the other side?
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:07 PM   #603
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Would like to get your opinions on a trade that was vetoed.

Team A receives:
Aaron Rodgers

Team B receives:
Dez Bryant
Larry Fitzgerald

Team A has Schaub as their only QB, Team B has Newton as his backup. Team B's best WR is Brandon Marshall.

Team A is undefeated and hasn't come close to losing at all this season. Team B is fighting for a playoff spot.

To me it seems like the trade is pretty legit even though it probably means Team A wins the championship. Oh did I mention our commish, who vetoed the trade, is sitting in 2nd place?
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #604
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

People are dumb fucks.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:09 PM   #605
spleen1015
Coordinator

It feels legit, but Rogers is so damn awesome this year. He's going to out score both of those players combined, by a lot, in most scoring systems.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 03:11 PM   #606
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

In the league I commish, which is a PPR league and 4 pts per td for QBs, Rodgers averages 32 points a game and Fitz is at 17 with Bryant at 14.

If this is a non-ppr and 6 pts per passing TD then it would probably be heavily for team a, but you can't veto trades like that. I'd be gone after this season if that was a league I was in

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 11-17-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:19 PM   #607
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
I dont think any league should be trading with 2 or 3 weeks left in the regular season because it sets up for this type of situation or worse - teams that are tanking good players to help out someone else in the league.

Can you still trade in the playoffs? I mean, when does it stop?

Three things can happen now because he overruled on a trade to benefit both teams:

1. Trade is voided, commish is a nazi with total power, anarchy ensues. Ppl cry and say they will/quit the league, demand refund.

2. Trade goes thru, commish pouts and is a powerless douche, opening the door for the REAL ridiculous trades to come.

3. League goes democratic and teams vote for/against trade based on each individual need(s). 3 or 4 ppl dont vote, and its closely decided one way or the other. Anarchy.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:42 PM   #608
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Agree on the trade deadline, actually. Not sure why I didn't think of it as our league has one that passed last week.

But yea, if there's no deadline then as long as a trade isnt obviously flawed then you have to allow it.
Old 11-19-2011, 07:23 AM   #609
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999 View Post
Would like to get your opinions on a trade that was vetoed.

Team A receives:
Aaron Rodgers

Team B receives:
Dez Bryant
Larry Fitzgerald

Team A has Schaub as their only QB, Team B has Newton as his backup. Team B's best WR is Brandon Marshall.

Team A is undefeated and hasn't come close to losing at all this season. Team B is fighting for a playoff spot.

To me it seems like the trade is pretty legit even though it probably means Team A wins the championship. Oh did I mention our commish, who vetoed the trade, is sitting in 2nd place?

This is going to turn into a mess. Commish says he didn't veto trade, even though he's the only one with the power to.

Team B comes back and asks for more in the trade. Team B then makes this trade with another team (who vocalized their displeasure of how Team B got ripped off by Team A)

Team C receives:
Aaron Rodgers
Brandon Marshall

Team B receives:
Steve Smith (Car)
Marshawn Lynch
Cedric Benson
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:56 AM   #610
Danny
Head Coach

Find a new league illini
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #611
MikeVic
Head Coach

Damn McGahee and damn Kevin Smith. I have a soft spot for Smith due to the one year I won a fantasy title in my bigger money league AND also we has a good RB for me in one FOF career, but didn't pick him up because I thought my judgement was clouded... should've gone with the sentimental pick.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:08 PM   #612
cmp
Pro Rookie

I was just offered this. The other team is out of the playoffs and wants AJ Green for a keeper.

I would give up AJ Green, Chris Johnson, Mark Ingram, Javon Ringer and Vincent Brown and get Steven Jackson, Mario Manningham, Brandon Marshall, and 49ers D.

Do I pull the trigger?

Last edited by cmp : 11-22-2011 at 08:12 PM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:41 PM   #613
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
I was just offered this. The other team is out of the playoffs and wants AJ Green for a keeper.

I would give up AJ Green, Chris Johnson, Mark Ingram, Javon Ringer and Vincent Brown and get Steven Jackson, Mario Manningham, Brandon Marshall, and 49ers D.

Do I pull the trigger?

Multiplayer deals -- do you walk away with the best player? I don't think you come even close.

I think Green is not on the best future on that list but is the best current player on that list. Not to mention if Ringer has a future.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:37 PM   #614
MikeVic
Head Coach

So I will be using my first waiver priority on Kevin Smith... I can't keep letting this slide each week because I don't think the player is good enough. Playoffs are around the corner and I need a RB to replace the turd Chris Johnson, so this is as good a bet as any... I'd think he's a better pickup than C.J. Spiller now too (Fred Jackson might be done for the year)... thoughts?
Old 11-29-2011, 04:09 PM   #615
rowech
Pro Starter

So I've been able to win my last four games and am now 7-5. If I win, I make the playoffs. If I don't, I might still make it. I need to start one from:

Spiller versus Ten
A. Johnson versus Atl
Benson versus Chi
Doucet versus Dal

My gut is telling me Spiller despite him clearly not being the best player on that list.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:16 PM   #616
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
So I've been able to win my last four games and am now 7-5. If I win, I make the playoffs. If I don't, I might still make it. I need to start one from:

Spiller versus Ten
A. Johnson versus Atl
Benson versus Chi
Doucet versus Dal

My gut is telling me Spiller despite him clearly not being the best player on that list.

One of the two RBs for sure... Benson might get something if it stays a close game. Spiller doesn't have a ton of upside imo.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #617
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
One of the two RBs for sure... Benson might get something if it stays a close game. Spiller doesn't have a ton of upside imo.

I don't think Spiller has a ton of upside overall but I wonder about him mostly for this particular matchup. My guess is Benson will get 15-20 carries but against the Steelers only get about 60 yards or so. Then I'm hoping for a TD.