Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Who did you vote for in the 2020 election?
Donald Trump 8 8.42%
Joe Biden 75 78.95%
Third Party 3 3.16%
Did Not Vote 9 9.47%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2020, 10:35 AM   #51
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Yeah. This is that part that is so utterly strange to me. If Harris and Booker were darlings of the party... don't you think they would have done better in the primaries? Harris dropped out because she ran out of money.

Neither are in the Senate Minority Leadership.

They are both well known Senators, but far less 'darlings' of the party than, say, Senator Warren.

They probably have some of the lowest negatives in the party, but neither of them has a large group of supporters.

JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 10:53 AM   #52
cuervo72
Head Coach

Man, just what is it about Booker and Harris that makes Republicans point them out as scary examples...
Old 11-09-2020, 11:03 AM   #53
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Man, just what is it about Booker and Harris that makes Republicans point them out as scary examples...

Hmmm...I wonder what they could have in common
Old 11-09-2020, 11:37 AM   #54
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Thanks for the response.

Can you also answer my first question?

The first part is simple. No I don't think the election was fraudulent or stolen. The less said about that, the better off we will all be. To quote someone in another thread, we can't agree that water is wet, we are now going to agree on a voting conspiracy in multiple states?

I don't think it matters what he does tbh. Would I like to see him concede? Sure. if by conceding I get something along these lines from Sen. Clinton's concession speech in 2016

Quote:
We have seen that our nation is more deeply divided than we thought. But I still believe in America and I always will. And if you do, then we must accept this result and then look to the future. Donald Trump is going to be our president. We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead.
Our constitutional democracy enshrines the peaceful transfer of power and we don't just respect that, we cherish it. It also enshrines other things; the rule of law, the principle that we are all equal in rights and dignity, freedom of worship and expression. We respect and cherish these values too and we must defend them.

In effort to give President Trump the benefit of the doubt(give me some credit ), I will simply say that I don't expect him to do anything like that. If that is not what he is going to say in concession, what is the point? A concession is supposed to be a signal to your supporters that the election is over, for them to stop fighting for you, and support the new president. I don't think that is going to happen no matter what Trump says. I know that it will not happen if Trump does anything less than what Clinton did above. To be fair, it did not happen with Clinton's supporters either. But the words are there.

I feel the same way with the transition. If the Trump administration is going to go through the process of a proper transition for one administration to the other. Sure let's go through the process. If the Trump administration is just going to do the equivalent of giving the Biden administration the wrong passwords and changing the locks without giving up the keys, that would harm the country and I would prefer they leave everything as is and just walk away.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 01:19 PM   #55
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Does FOFC get any electoral votes?

we are basically Guam over here
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote