Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #101
bhlloy
Coordinator

Considering how many offensive lineman (rightly) complain about their knees being targeted, that's fucking bush league from Mangold. And I'm not a Patriots fan.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #102
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
I swear the Pats don't win because they are good but because their division is full of teams that find amazing ways to suck.

To be fair, I think the NFL should rotate who gets to be in the AFC East with the Bills and Jets.

So, instead of the 0-2 Pats, it's the 2-0 Pats. I hate them.

Who had the weakest schedule in the league last year?
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #103
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
announcing bitching has no idea what he's talking about. He was going out of bounds the whole time.

This. Talib did nothing wrong. He looked inside, saw nothing, and cut it back to the sideline to go out of bounds. He wasn't "dancing" along the sideline or whatever.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #104
TroyF
Coordinator

The Jets started it and deserved the ejections, but a Patriot absolutely threw a punch and should have joined the players kicked out of the game there.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #105
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Considering how many offensive lineman (rightly) complain about their knees being targeted, that's fucking bush league from Mangold. And I'm not a Patriots fan.

Mangold has always been a bush-league POS...I'm not surprised.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:56 PM   #106
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

That was Ugh-ly with a capital Ugh, but I'll take it. Our receiving corps is swiss cheese, and we need Gronk back quickly, we just don't ahve anyone who can regularly catch the 15 or so yard ball.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:32 AM   #107
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
This. Talib did nothing wrong. He looked inside, saw nothing, and cut it back to the sideline to go out of bounds. He wasn't "dancing" along the sideline or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
announcing bitching has no idea what he's talking about. He was going out of bounds the whole time.
Please. He should have immediately gone down or sprinted straight out of bounds, instead he did look end zone. Then after Hill ran by and he saw he had no easy path Talib pranced for 2 steps and did a pirouette. I argued it last week when it was random teams, and I was yelling it at Talib when he stopped going full speed - run out of bounds full speed and protect yourself from injury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
The Jets started it and deserved the ejections, but a Patriot absolutely threw a punch and should have joined the players kicked out of the game there.
Looked like Dennard slapped/punched #66 immediately and Michael Buchanon threw a punch at him during the scrum. Joe Vellano also kinda threw something late, but that looked more like a reactionary push than a punch. Whatever... since the NFL doesn't suspend anyone for these things, given the time situation you could have thrown out any 35 players on either side and it wouldn't matter past whatever fines the NFL doles out.
Quote:
When can we get Beli to admit that he fucked up by not resigning Welker?
If people want to argue that he should have kept Welker over Amendola based off one (not entirely surprising) groin pull, fine (I disagree), but let's stop pretending like it was Welker vs. Dobson/Thompkins. If you think he fucked up by cutting Brandon Lloyd, I would've agreed with you until I read the recent comments by Lloyd where he claimed 4 teams had contacted him but he was neither physically or mentally ready to play football. And as much as Tom Brady was getting pissed - and there were some bad reads on option routes - he also threw multiple bad balls in that first half. I'm pretty much ignoring the 2nd half in that rain.
Quote:
Nothing I didn't predict in the Preseason thread 2 weeks ago, but hey,
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #108
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I swear the Pats don't win because they are good but because their division is full of teams that find amazing ways to suck.

To be fair, I think the NFL should rotate who gets to be in the AFC East with the Bills and Jets.

How many years have the Jaguars and Texans been just as bad as the Jets and the Bills?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #109
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
When can we get Beli to admit that he fucked up by not resigning Welker?

They offered him roughly what the Broncos did (I know there are disputes about how much was guaranteed vs performance bonuses, but everyone agrees if he had played like the last couple of seasons he would have received the same money), but Welker thought he could get more and shopped himself around until the Patriots ran out of time and signed Amendola cheaper.

There was clearly something behind the scenes other than contract numbers and pay at work here.
Old 09-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #110
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
How many years have the Jaguars and Texans been just as bad as the Jets and the Bills?

Or the NFC West for several years?
Old 09-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #111
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
They offered him roughly what the Broncos did (I know there are disputes about how much was guaranteed vs performance bonuses, but everyone agrees if he had played like the last couple of seasons he would have received the same money), but Welker thought he could get more and shopped himself around until the Patriots ran out of time and signed Amendola cheaper.

There was clearly something behind the scenes other than contract numbers and pay at work here.

True. But Beli is responsible for "behind the scenes" how he treats the players too. Maybe he should have been a little nicer to Welker.

I mean ultimately we don't know what it was - maybe it was Welker's fault or whatever. Maybe it all goes back to that stupid Rex Ryan foot thing...who the hell knows.

Just saying - it takes 2 to tango.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-13-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 09-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #112
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

FWIW Ed Werder was just on the Herd and used Seattle and Kansas City as his 2 examples of stadiums with advantages because of crown noise
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #113
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
FWIW Ed Werder was just on the Herd and used Seattle and Kansas City as his 2 examples of stadiums with advantages because of crown noise

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #114
miami_fan
Coordinator

KICKER BEEF!

Sebastian Janikowski of Oakland Raiders refutes report, says he's a fan of Oakland Athletics - ESPN

Quote:
ALAMEDA, Calif. -- Raiders kicker Sebastian Janikowski angrily took issue with a Florida Times Union report that said he annually roots against the Oakland Athletics.

According to the Times Union, Jacksonville Jaguars kicker Josh Scobee said that Janikowski told him he roots against the A's each year because the sooner their season wraps up, the quicker the dirt infield is gone from O.co Coliseum, which both Oakland teams call home. That way, according to the report, Janikowski said he can stop worrying about kicking on slippery dirt.One issue, though: Janikowski said he never told Scobee such a thing.

And when he saw the story?

"I was pissed off," said Janikowski, who rarely speaks to reporters but was waiting in the middle of the Raiders locker room at the start of the media access period Thursday. "That's why I'm talking to you guys. I wanted to get that straight."

The Raiders are the lone team in the NFL to share a stadium with a major league baseball club, and until the A's season concludes, they must endure playing with dirt in the middle of O.co Coliseum. In fact, the Raiders' home game against the San Diego Chargers on Oct. 6 might be switched to Dec. 22, with Oakland traveling to play the Chargers earlier if the A's are hosting a playoff game too close to that date.

A decision has to be made within two weeks of Oct. 6, according to a team official.

But as far as Janikowski cheering the A's demise?

"Stupid," Janikowski said. "Ridiculous. I root for the A's. We've got an advantage here. I root for the A's. Don't get me wrong; I go to the games. But whatever (Scobee) says, it just blows my mind."

Then, a conversation with Scobee never happened?

"No, didn't happen," Janikowski said. "Hell no. Just wanted to let you know.

"When Jason (Giambi) was with the A's, I was going to games. Now, with two kids, not so much. But they make the postseason? I'm in. I've kicked 14 years on it (the dirt). It really doesn't bother me."

Scobee, meanwhile, has been practicing on a baseball infield in Jacksonville in anticipation of the team's game Sunday at Oakland, which will be playing its home opener. And that's just fine with the Raiders' first-round pick in 2000 and their all-time leading scorer. It's a mind game for visitors. Besides, Janikowski set an NFL record for longest overtime field goal -- on the dirt -- to beat Brett Favre and the New York Jets with a 57-yarder on Oct. 19, 2008.

"I think it's an advantage for us," Janikowski said." Guys come in and they think about it so much: 'Do I have to plant my foot differently? Or whatever. I'm not going to tell them what to do."

Janikowski, though, said he's not going to talk to Scobee on Sunday, either.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #115
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Thursday football is sloppy, bad football.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #116
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Janikowski has been in the league for 14 years already? Jesus.
Old 09-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- I predict the Raiders season will be over before the A's
Old 09-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #118
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Janikowski has been in the league for 14 years already? Jesus.

Rohypnol does slow everything down.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #119
Danny
Head Coach

And as much as it was made fun of, he was one of the Raiders best first round picks of the last 15 years
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #120
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Thursday football is sloppy, bad football.

This is true.
Old 09-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #121
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Has Clay Matthews been fined for his hit on Kapernick?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #122
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Well unfortunately Suh was not suspended, so I expect Carson Palmer to be sacked at least five times and have to leave the game due to an injury.

I think your beloved Cards should be okay this Sunday. The Lions have traditionally played very poorly on the West Coast (that's even in Lions terms, which means they've pretty much played horrendously). They haven't won in Arizona since 1993.

Even last year, late in the year, when the wheels had already flown off the Cardinals' wagon, the Cardinals pounded the Lions 38-10 behind the potent offensive attack of Ryan Lindley and Beanie Wells (helped, in large part, by Stafford's 3 picks and a Stefan Logan fumble).
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #123
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I think your beloved Cards should be okay this Sunday. The Lions have traditionally played very poorly on the West Coast (that's even in Lions terms, which means they've pretty much played horrendously). They haven't won in Arizona since 1993.

Even last year, late in the year, when the wheels had already flown off the Cardinals' wagon, the Cardinals pounded the Lions 38-10 behind the potent offensive attack of Ryan Lindley and Beanie Wells (helped, in large part, by Stafford's 3 picks and a Stefan Logan fumble).

Okay I feel better now I had forgotten that they beat the Lions last season. (I think I've almost blocked that horrific season from my memory) Maybe they can win this one then...I still wish Suh had been suspended for it though LOL.
Thomkal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:04 PM   #124
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Rather unimpressive start for the Bears.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:07 PM   #125
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

However, I give you Exhibit A as to why kickoffs should not be removed.

Minnesota returns the opener for a TD, Hester returns the ensuing kickoff for something like 70 yards.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:15 PM   #126
Easy Mac

So when is it a penalty for a runner to lower his head outside of the tackles? I've just been watching red zone this season and I've seen it many times without any penalty.

Last edited by Easy Mac : 09-15-2013 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Autocomplete.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:19 PM   #127
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I get the feeling even the refs decided that was dumb / impossible to judge, and won't enforce it.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 09-15-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #128
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Well done Direct TV, for the second straight week I can't access t Sunday Ticket online because your entire site is down. Glad I'm not actually paying for it, someone there really needs to figure out they need to increase their bandwith at 1:00 on Sundays
Old 09-15-2013, 12:34 PM   #129
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Well done Direct TV, for the second straight week I can't access t Sunday Ticket online because your entire site is down. Glad I'm not actually paying for it, someone there really needs to figure out they need to increase their bandwith at 1:00 on Sundays

Indeed.

Also, it was nice of Andy Reid to leave his "when to throw the challenge flag" manual behind for Chip Kelly.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #130
miami_fan
Coordinator

So they are okay with calling teams offensive names like R******s but calling someone a bitch is going to draw a penalty?

NFL wants to flag more players for using profanity in games - ESPN

Quote:
Referee Jeff Triplette's crew, which worked the Seahawks-Panthers game last week, repeatedly warned players about profanities directed at each other and even flagged the Seattle's K.J. Wright for mouthing a loud obscenity at a Carolina player. Technically, it was a taunting penalty, but the NFL Competition Committee recommended emphasis on such verbal abuse.

League VP of officiating Dean Blandino conceded Saturday to ESPN that officials want to curtail "actions [verbal or otherwise] directed at an opponent."

Blandino said profanity by itself is not prohibited, but where verbal actions are directed at an opponent, it's usually profane.

In light of the many scuffles that surfaced in Week 1 and this past Thursday night between the New England Patriots and New York Jets, more enforcement is anticipated.

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #131
kingfc22
Head Coach

Apparently Brandon Meriweather hasn't figured out how to tackle without leading with his helmet and that the NFL is trying to eliminate that from the game.

Last edited by kingfc22 : 09-15-2013 at 12:50 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #132
kingfc22
Head Coach

Washington and St. Louis getting blown out.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:52 PM   #133
mckerney
Coordinator

Adrian Peterson looks like someone desperate for any sort of threat of a passing game to help him out.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #134
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Eric Weems decided to lose his mind there.
Old 09-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #135
Jas_lov
College Starter

Maybe that will teach him. Twice he tried to take out GB running backs, once he succeeded the second time he takes out himself. Now the Packers can go for the kill. Shanahan is an idiot punting from the 33 yard line. Who punts from the 33?
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:56 PM   #136
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:

And then when you call them, they say it's EA Sports responsibility.

When you contact EA Sports, they tell you it's Directv.

It's a new Madden Curse, I guess.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #137
kingfc22
Head Coach

Texans will be looking for a new FG kicker this week.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:00 PM   #138
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
And then when you call them, they say it's EA Sports responsibility.

When you contact EA Sports, they tell you it's Directv.

It's a new Madden Curse, I guess.

I didn't get it through EA/ MAdden, I am through DTV and they still can't get it right.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:04 PM   #139
cuervo72
Head Coach

So I can miss an Eagles drive, rewind, watch the drive, speed through the commercials, and only miss the kickoff before being live again.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #140
korme
Go Reds

Quietly rooting for the Browns today- I'd love to see the Ravens 0-2. Browns D looks good, it's just their offense that is terrible.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #141
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hester's definitely back to being Hester.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #142
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Washington looks terrible.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #143
Jas_lov
College Starter

327 total yards to 92. The Packers are destroying the Redskins.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #144
kingfc22
Head Coach

Redskins competing with the Ravens through 1.5 games for the crown of most underwhelming team of those that had expectations going into the season.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #145
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Redskins competing with the Ravens through 1.5 games for the crown of most underwhelming team of those that had expectations going into the season.

No competition at all. I know a lot of people who did not have the Ravens in the playoffs.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #146
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I would be sad if there wasn't a tailgating BBQ cook-off for the Dallas-KC game.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:14 PM   #147
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dear Bears - Stop turning it over. Thanks.
Old 09-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #148
mckerney
Coordinator

Pick Six Ponder is back!
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #149
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
So they are okay with calling teams offensive names like R******s but calling someone a bitch is going to draw a penalty?

NFL wants to flag more players for using profanity in games - ESPN

Hard to believe that Triplette's crew would screw up a game

Do you think Hochuli's crew would have issues controlling players? Could understand it a little for a heated rivalry like Steelers/Ravens or even Seahawks/49ers tonight, but Seahawks/Panthers? Really?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 01:17 PM   #150
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Griffin definitely isn't the same player he was last year.