Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-26-2009, 10:11 PM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL Season 3 Scheduling Thread

Please use this thread only to post confirmed scheduling changes. Remember that you will have to replace all FCS games.

Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 11:28 PM   #2
Ironhead
College Prospect

EF27:

I would like to remove my week 2 FCS game and replace it with a home game in Week 6 against Notre Dame.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 01:04 AM   #3
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Here is what I would like Kentucky's non-conference schedule to be:

EDIT: See post in the other thread

I checked the schedules and this should work fine. This gives me 2 home & 2 away non-conference games. Thanks!

Last edited by kingnebwsu : 03-30-2009 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Posted an updated schedule in the other thread
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:34 AM   #4
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Here is what I would like Kentucky's non-conference schedule to be:

Week 1 AT Louisville (same)
Week 2 VS Notre Dame
Week 4 AT Cincinnati
Week 14 VS West Virginia

I checked the schedules and this should work fine. This gives me 2 home & 2 away non-conference games. Thanks!

You know, I thought octo-mom could safely relish in her title, but you have officially taken over as the BIGGEST PUSSY ON THE PLANET.

I don't even care about playing you, but WTF...These other guys beg for a shot at you, and you run away like a little bitch.

Dude. Nobody respects your titles because you seem to avoid playing humans at all costs. Why is that? Do you not have time to play human opponents? Help me understand, here. It seems after two undefeated seasons, you'd be confident enough in your abilities to go ahead and take on some people non-conference. You've already proven you can beat the computer just fine. You can even beat the bare minimum of human opponents. Why don't you try to extend yourself? You could just play a solo dynasty and not face any humans at all.

Maybe you don't care. I know I'm not alone in these thoughts, though. You just smell like a complete weasel. Who wins two titles in a row without losing a game, and still declines challenges from willing competition? It sounds shady as all hell. I don't know how you play, because I've never played you, but it just seems odd. I wouldn't be surprised if you never lost a game against anybody ever, based upon your track record. It makes it all the more maddening why you turn down challenges of human games. Shouldn't you be confident enough at this point to want to prove your dominance?

Honestly, I'd love to see a round robin between you, cmp, and bignej, just because I don't believe that any of you could ever lose a game. I know bignej and cmp would be down for it, but you seem too aloof.
Old 03-28-2009, 09:43 AM   #5
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Old 03-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
You know, I thought octo-mom could safely relish in her title, but you have officially taken over as the BIGGEST PUSSY ON THE PLANET.

I don't even care about playing you, but WTF...These other guys beg for a shot at you, and you run away like a little bitch.

Dude. Nobody respects your titles because you seem to avoid playing humans at all costs. Why is that? Do you not have time to play human opponents? Help me understand, here. It seems after two undefeated seasons, you'd be confident enough in your abilities to go ahead and take on some people non-conference. You've already proven you can beat the computer just fine. You can even beat the bare minimum of human opponents. Why don't you try to extend yourself? You could just play a solo dynasty and not face any humans at all.

Maybe you don't care. I know I'm not alone in these thoughts, though. You just smell like a complete weasel. Who wins two titles in a row without losing a game, and still declines challenges from willing competition? It sounds shady as all hell. I don't know how you play, because I've never played you, but it just seems odd. I wouldn't be surprised if you never lost a game against anybody ever, based upon your track record. It makes it all the more maddening why you turn down challenges of human games. Shouldn't you be confident enough at this point to want to prove your dominance?

Honestly, I'd love to see a round robin between you, cmp, and bignej, just because I don't believe that any of you could ever lose a game. I know bignej and cmp would be down for it, but you seem too aloof.

Hi, my names Danny, first time, long time.

Anyway, just wanted to say hey and well done!
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #7
wade moore
lolzcat

I NEVER look in NOFL threads. I don't think I've ever clicked on one at all.

Glad I chose now for some reason to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 12:48 PM   #8
Logan
Head Coach

A well-placed PM sent me to this thread...thank you kind sir.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #9
cmp
Pro Rookie

Quote:

If the schedules aren't set, Mississippi State would love at shot at Kentucky. If anyone else wants another human game I'd up for one. I don't know much about my team yet but hopefully I'll learn quick.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmp View Post
If the schedules aren't set, Mississippi State would love at shot at Kentucky. If anyone else wants another human game I'd up for one. I don't know much about my team yet but hopefully I'll learn quick.

Schedules aren't set yet, but both players have to agree to a game.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #11
BigDPW
College Prospect

I think I owe Stanford a road game if he wants me to play at his house.

Also I still want a shot at KingNeb if he is game. C'mon I am a lowly mid-ACC team how could you possibly lose to me! I'll play you in Lexington!
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #12
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Stanford is officially challenging Kentucky for the third consecutive year to an out of conference game. I don't care where the game is held...

Do you accept or decline?

BigDPW I think you're right. I'm not really partial to when the game is held...I guess we can set that up when the schedules are viewable?

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 03-29-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 12:11 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Stanford is officially challenging Kentucky for the third consecutive year to an out of conference game. I don't care where the game is held...

Do you accept or decline?

BigDPW I think you're right. I'm not really partial to when the game is held...I guess we can set that up when the schedules are viewable?

I thought everyone could view their schedule right now. Maybe Kingneb made it an offline dynasty to view his schedule?

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-29-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:55 PM   #14
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Maybe...I can't see mine. I mean I could be missing it somewhere, but it's definitely not on the pre-season checklist.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #15
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Only the Commish can see the schedules unless you take it offline and check from there.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #16
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah...that's what I thought...me thinks the deadline needs to be extended quite a bit
Old 03-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #17
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Wow. Thanks. Although I really enjoy playing in the NOFL, I would appreciate it if it didn't degenerate to unwarranted name-calling. I'd like to think that I've never been unsportsmanlike when playing in the league or commenting on the forum. In return, many of you have generally extended the same courtesy to me, which is why I have enjoyed the league so much. I'm afraid that if we have continue to have posts like this then it may ruin the experience.

In response to the numerous requests to play me, I propose that all human players be required to play at least one game non-conference against another human team every season. This way everyone will get 2-4 games against human opponents every year versus the 1-3 games they get now. I know that many of us have different personal schedules, so hopefully this won't be asking much more time than normal from everyone. When I signed up for the NOFL, I was thinking of it mainly as 12 people playing in the same college football "universe." Going after the same recruits, playing a few conference games against humans, and playing each other in bowl games. I didn't really think of playing people in the non-conference. I'm not on my 360 nearly as much as I used to be, so this setup was ideal for me. I didn't want something like an all-MAC league where I'd be playing 9 human games each season.

Regardless of whether or not there is a league-wide rules change, here is my schedule against humans (subject to approval by my opponents). Mississippi State is already scheduled to play Kentucky in the regular season this year (as is the other SEC human team, Arkansas). I will gladly play versus Stanford in week 2 this year. I'll gladly play N.C. State in 2011 (unless we play in the 2010 Bowl game). By this time (if not before), the next version of NCAA will be out and our league affiliations will be completely changed and our yearly conference opponents will probably be completely different.

Good luck to everyone and I look forward to (eventually) playing most of you.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:29 PM   #18
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wow. Thanks. Although I really enjoy playing in the NOFL, I would appreciate it if it didn't degenerate to unwarranted name-calling. I'd like to think that I've never been unsportsmanlike when playing in the league or commenting on the forum. In return, many of you have generally extended the same courtesy to me, which is why I have enjoyed the league so much. I'm afraid that if we have continue to have posts like this then it may ruin the experience.

In response to the numerous requests to play me, I propose that all human players be required to play at least one game non-conference against another human team every season. This way everyone will get 2-4 games against human opponents every year versus the 1-3 games they get now. I know that many of us have different personal schedules, so hopefully this won't be asking much more time than normal from everyone. When I signed up for the NOFL, I was thinking of it mainly as 12 people playing in the same college football "universe." Going after the same recruits, playing a few conference games against humans, and playing each other in bowl games. I didn't really think of playing people in the non-conference. I'm not on my 360 nearly as much as I used to be, so this setup was ideal for me. I didn't want something like an all-MAC league where I'd be playing 9 human games each season.

Regardless of whether or not there is a league-wide rules change, here is my schedule against humans (subject to approval by my opponents). Mississippi State is already scheduled to play Kentucky in the regular season this year (as is the other SEC human team, Arkansas). I will gladly play versus Stanford in week 2 this year. I'll gladly play N.C. State in 2011 (unless we play in the 2010 Bowl game). By this time (if not before), the next version of NCAA will be out and our league affiliations will be completely changed and our yearly conference opponents will probably be completely different.

You're welcome, everyone.

EDIT: And I know it may have been abrasive, but it sure did seem to work!

Last edited by Karlifornia : 03-29-2009 at 06:35 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #19
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Kingsneb - I responded to your week 2 accept in the other thread, since I guess this thread is supposed to only be for confirmed schedule changes.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #20
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:

I have no dog in this fight, but as commisioner of a league that is entering it's fourth season [pat on the back] I must say that it is pretty annoying to see people who refuse to take on human games. Isn't that the purpose of online leagues? I mean yeah you have possibly two human games a season, but that is not enough. In RFL this year I played 3 non conference games, plus 3 - 4 conference games, and in EBFL I have four in a row coming up, plus one at the end of the year and I am using a team that has no talent.

I just don't see the point in playing the CPU all the time and winning 84-21. If you're that good then play Human players and you'll win anyway. At least then you get a challenge.

But whatever floats your boat I guess. From the sounds of this you'd rather go 13-0 and rack up achievements or whatever the hell those are then risk actually losing a game.

I just know come 2010 those are the kind of people I will make sure are not in the league I run because otherwise I'd just play a regular offline dynasty all the time.
Old 03-29-2009, 08:29 PM   #21
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola .. I don't know why people would duck Karl anyways. He doesn't even win games until he has to play the computer but I'll give him credit, he ususally has a full tilt of human non conference opponents.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #22
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Yeah seriously, Karl sucks.

Old 03-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #23
Raiders Army
Coordinator

In all seriousness, I got lucky beating Karl last season. I think it was only because I had homefield advantage. I must suck worse than him!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #24
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Sorry I've been so busy and haven't had a chance to setup a schedule. I have open weeks in 3 and 4 plus I have patsies in weeks 12 and 14. I'm willing to drop a patsy and pick up a human if anyone is interested in one of those weeks and drop the UCF game.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:35 AM   #25
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
EF, if Karl and WVU don't want to do another game this season and if no one else wants to play the Cowboys, I'll take the following opponents:

Week 1: @ Ohio State
Week 2: @NC State (BigDPW)

Week 3: Open
Week 4: West Virginia
Week 5: Iowa State
Week 6: @ Colorado (kcchief)
Week 7: Texas A&M (SirFozzie)
Week 8: @ Missouri
Week 9: Oklahoma
Week 10: @Texas
Week 11: Baylor
Week 12: Notre Dame
Week 13: @ Texas Tech
Week 14: Open
Week 15: Conference Championship

Bolded games are my non-conference games.
Updated schedule for Oklahoma State.

Last edited by Raiders Army : 03-31-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:53 PM   #26
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Just so you guys know, I will be away in El Paso from April 27th through at least May 11th. I will not be able to play any games then. Just a rough guesstimate, but I think I'll miss my games with kcchief and SirFoz.
Old 04-01-2009, 03:33 PM   #27
Kodos
Resident Alien

Entertaining thread.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:47 PM   #28
BigDPW
College Prospect

Schedule for NC State:

Week 1 - Kentucky (H)
Week 2 - Oklahoma State (H)
Week 6 - Open
Week 9 - Open
Week 12 - at ECU (A)
Week 14 - Vanderbilt (H)

I may have bit off more than I can chew with 3 human opponents and 5 preseason top 25 opponents on my schedule... I am looking forward to the challenge though.

Thanks for setting up the schedules EF. Must be thrilling work
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote