Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > FOFC NCAA Football Online Dynasties
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: Should We Change Sliders Midseason (within the next week or so)?
Yes 7 87.50%
No 1 12.50%
Abstain 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

NOFL: Change Sliders midseason?

We are definitely equalizing the sliders this week so that human and CPU play "on a level field" as they were in previous weeks. After giving this some thought this morning, I think we should all play this week's games with the current sliders, try out some other sliders offline during available time, and then vote in this thread. Do you want sliders changed? If so, I'd be advocating for AA's set on OS which makes the AI tougher to beat, but may also generate some more pass rush. However, I believe our current set is also going to generate more pass rush for both sides post patch. We shouldn't be beating (or being very close to beating) teams that are 15-20 points higher in overall talent and I think AA's sliders would eliminate that. Of course, I'd be open for other slider suggestions and would go with the consensus if we decide to change sliders.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-22-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #2
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

If we decide to change, but don't want to go with AA's set, I'd like to see us up run blocking for both sides a bit as I think the high break block necessitates this.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:47 AM   #3
Kodos
Resident Alien

FWIW, in the one game I played last night against Minnesota with these sliders, both sides ended up averaging around 2 ypc.

Last edited by Kodos : 08-22-2008 at 11:03 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 10:55 AM   #4
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I'm for whatever sliders result in me actually being scared of teams with 90+ talent. Since I can't actually play using these sliders, I'm going to vote yes on changing them since we're relatively early in the season.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

One other thought: AA and that league are a very good group of players. They create sliders that are tough on the human to compensate for the CPU's flaws. Another good set for us to consider if we decide to change is Jistic - he finds a good balance of improving realism and fun.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #6
Kodos
Resident Alien

Outside of the run game for both sides, I thought AA's played well. Small sample, of course.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:02 AM   #7
Anthony
Banned

this game is hard enough as-is. we're all sub-80 teams. i don't even think EF27 is that good in this game (from what i've heard and looking at the results), its just odd that he's all about making this the most challenging and impossibly hard to succeed experience as possible. in recruiting i'm lucky if Duke winds up with one or 2 4* rated players. as it is i can only get love consistently from the 2* guys. i need to actually be able to win games on a consistent basis to be able to get interest on a consistent basis from the studs.

if i'm just gonna constantly set myself up for failure then losing all the time is gonna get old. i'm not that good in football sports as i used to be. i need a *little* help.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:14 AM   #8
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

HA here's how I see this. We are sub 80 teams for a reason. We want this to take a while. We didn't want to have any chance of going 12-0, 11-1, 10-2, or even 9-3 in our openning seasons. The way things stand right now with the old sliders, I'm honestly concerned that I will finish 10-2 or 11-1...that shouldn't be happening. I want to recruit a bunch of quirky 2 and 3 star guys, and land a couple 4 stars. Maybe a miracle will even happen and I'll get a 5 star. Anyways, I want to get guys who fit the kind of system I want to run, and 3-4 years down the road I want to see them flourishing and me having a real chance at playing in the Rose Bowl. Granted I consider myself to be pretty good at this game, but I'm playing with a 74 overall rated team for a reason.

So, whatever sliders we need to tweak to make things not only more realistic but more challenging, I'm all for it.
Old 08-22-2008, 11:43 AM   #9
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

HA, I'm not the best player and some of the players (maybe most) in this dynasty can kick my ass, but I almost beat Oklahoma last night and could have if I didn't make 1 really stupid mistake (the other 2 were well deserved turnovers.) If I ran any of my cheese plays, I could have won the game last night, but I'm not interested in winning that way. Washington should not be in the same ball park as Oklahoma. I'll almost certainly win every other CPU game except USC where I might win. Right now, the CPU gives most of us almost no challenge. That makes the potential for the dynasty to become boring and multiple people have expressed that concern to me. That is why I'm considering all of the options.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-22-2008 at 11:46 AM.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:07 PM   #10
Galaxy
Coordinator

What would you consider cheese plays?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:01 PM   #11
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'd prefer not to say the specific plays, but there were 3 plays pre-patch that I could run against ANY team for a guaranteed 1st down almost every single time against the CPU (the only way it wasn't a 1st is if my QB threw an errant pass.) I've never run any of those plays in this league or the RFL.

Edit: I'm going to try them later tonight in a non-league game to see if they still seem as cheesy to me.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 08-22-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 08-22-2008, 08:53 PM   #12
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm good with anything.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:43 PM   #13
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With 7 votes, we are going to change sliders for next week. I'll start a new thread, but after 3 games, I highly recommend AA's most recent set. The CPU is actually a threat to run. I've played 3 great games so far. I'll put some details ino the new thread, but here is the brief rundown of my most recent game: USC vs Virginia in my dynasty. I should have blown them out, but 2 costly picks by me (you will usually get punished for stupid throws into double coverage with these sliders) prevented me from scoring a few times I should have and also set them up with a short field. I won 34-15. Their QB's only completed 53% of their passes even with Def Awareness only at 50 for the human and their HB's averaged 3.1 ypc which is right about where I expect for a so-so team against a great USC front 7. More details in the slider discussion thread.