Home

What is your greatest finish in a sports video game?

This is a discussion on What is your greatest finish in a sports video game? within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2008, 06:41 AM   #1
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
What is your greatest finish in a sports video game?

I put this in other sports because it covers any sports game, if it belongs somewhere else, please move it to the appropriate forum.

Mine was in MVP 05 on the xbox. I am up 4-3 in the top of the 9th with 2 out vs a friend of mine. He was the Yankees, I was the Angels. I was using K-rod to close when Jeter catches up to a fastball and blasts it DEEP to right center. I am taking my centerfielder who I want to say was Garret Anderson, but i am not 100% sure. all i remember is seeing go toward the wall, and I leap and time the jump perfectly, and pull it back. It was hard as hell to rob homers in that game, as it should be. So that made this special, a defensive walkoff robbery if you will. (i know it wouldnt have been a walk off if he hit the homer, i am calling it a defensive walkoff, for lack of a better term) the look on my friend's face, as he sat there stunned with the controller just falling out of his hands, and my look of shock as i cant believe i just pulled that off in that type of situation no less. that was the only homer i ever robbed in that game, and thats definitely one I will always remember.

Last edited by ManiacMatt1782; 04-04-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #2
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: What is your greatest finish in a sports video game?

Another memorable finish. NHL 2k1 on the dreamcast. I was the Flyers playing against my friend who had the Aves. it was 5-5 at the very end of the 3rd period, when I had I wanna say Lindros but i dont remember, receive a pass at the circle, skated put a move on the goalie and beat him 5 hole, the puck goes in the net, but the green light came on as the puck crossed the line and it was NO GOAL!!!!! Game goes into OT. I am cursing at the TV, saying its bull****. In poker they would have said I was on tilt. I regained some compsure though as on the opening faceoff I got the puck to John LeClair, who blazed a slapshot passed the Roy for the win
Old 04-04-2008, 03:09 PM   #3
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...9-post105.html

Managed to get a draw in the 5th minute of stoppage time. Intense game.
But we all live in denial
Old 04-07-2008, 06:43 PM   #4
MVP

PhantomPain's Arena

OVR: 16

In High Heat 2002 I played a full season with the Reds. At the time the HR record for a single season was 70. In the last game of the year (yes I played all 162 games) Griffey had 69 Home Runs. He hit #70 in his first at bat and in his fourth at bat, he hit #71 to win the game and clinch the playoffs. I have never had that kind of excitement in a sports video game before and I will never forget it. It was a great great season.

FYI...I lost in the first round of the playoffs...lol.
Old 04-07-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 7

One of my memorable ones was I was playing CH2K5 I think. I was Michigan and My friend was Pitt. We had a back and forth game going on. I started hot and was way ahead when he started chipping away at the lead. Anyways it becomes a tight tense game at crunch time. I'm up by 2 and I remember Julius Page hits a 3 with about 1 Second left. I am outta time outs and I know if I try to get downcourt for the inbound he'll deflect it and game over. So I just inbound it to the PG and figured F' It. I just chucked a full court shot. As We watch it we both realize its right on target. Next thing we knew it hits nothing but net. Game over I win by 1. He was hot and I couldn't believe it.

I have plenty more and I could write a short book with great finishes, both against the CPU and friends/online
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »